Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
It's the main theme of the romance / friendship. Early in act 1 you can ask him something like "do you think being powerful means you don't have to fear anything"? He looks at Tav like he just sprouted tentacles and replies . . . "well . . . yes"

I think so many people forget it because the subsequent line is so great. "I'll remind you that power corrupts" SA: "Oh, I hope so a little corruption sounds fun"

Isn't that the conversation at camp where the first round of options goes with (roughly), "you think having powers goes without consequences/obligations", or "what's the problem, you're free, enjoy it", and "we're not helpless, we have the tadpoles" ? Then there's another round where you can chose to go with "well, power corrupts", and such an answer. I sometimes chose the "I'd hate for heroes to have the wrong idea about you", where he rants about the fact heroes didn't free him, Illithids did. I think that's basically the one where he encourages us to use that power, like he intends to. I don't remember it to be about fear specifically.

Last edited by KlarissA; 15/03/24 07:11 PM.