Originally Posted by Marielle
Originally Posted by Zayir
Yes, would be interesting. Of course, YouTube polls don't say that much because anyone who doesn't play the Astarion romance or game can vote there.

As well as many of those who play, didn't participate in this poll (I missed it myself and didn't participate). Of the roleplayers I know IRL - two ascend (but both are guys, romance doesn't concern them), one girl took offense to the kneeling even earlier, wanted to play without romance, but ended up getting bored and has been playing another game for a while now. It's a very small sample, of course, but it shows that the obligatory kneeling scene was a barrier for some players before. And now... It's already more than just some "psychological barrier", it's not suitable for anyone at all.

Funny thing. The kneeling scene was a great scene for my Tav, especially after he found out about Astarion's kink in act 1! They had an intimate scene there.
So for me it was more of a barrier in the spawn route that Astarion has lost all his interesting kinks and dominance he had since the beginning.

Yes, the kneeling scene and patch 6 scenes cannot be compared, because the first one is consensual, the second one is non-consensual and disturbing for a lot of people.

"I would, thank God, watch the universe perish without shedding a tear."