Just adding another name to the list this has hit.
M2 Macbook Pro, 16gb mem, no mods installed. Was able to run BG3 at ultra settings before but now even at the lowest settings and a ridiculously low resolution I'm getting around 10-15 fps, sometimes even worse. Actually is unplayable. smirk

Tried:
- Resetting graphics settings to suggested by removing graphicSettings.lsx to get a fresh copy on next open, which set it back to the highest settings where I'd had them before.
- made sure Game Mode was on
- restarted Macbook just in case, no change
- Switched to Fullscreen, no better, went back to borderless window
- reduced resolution to ridiculously low to test, no change
- Tested various FSR mode settings, no change
- Checked, am on latest patch
- Loaded an act 1 save, was better than currently in act 3, but still way worse than it had been before.
- Reduced ALL settings at once (lowest resolution possible, lowest video settings, unchecked things like God Rays etc), still same 10-15 FPS but now blurry and awful looking. Put it all back.

Noticed that even within a cutscene the FPS can go to somewhat OK (not good, around 25 fps, but better) then drop to 5 fps or so, then pop back. Tried talking to a few companions to see if it was just Astarian being too wonderfully extra that my mac couldn't handle it, but similar drops happened with others too.

(Wondered that because I have always had to set Animation Level of Detail to medium instead of high, otherwise Astarian's face was disturbingly twitchy in cutscenes. Happened to a few others, but VERY often to him. That has been happening for a long time, not new with the latest patches.)

If anyone wants to check their in-game FPS, paste this into terminal then reopen BG3:
/bin/launchctl setenv MTL_HUD_ENABLED 1

To remove the info HUD, paste this into terminal and restart BG3:
/bin/launchctl setenv MTL_HUD_ENABLED 0

Oddly, also noticed that my Macbook was getting VERY hot, but according to Activity Monitor nothing was under great pressure, none of the 12 cores, not memory... nothing. No idea what that means, but maybe someone more techie would.

Worst area I tested was heading up to meet Gortash after dealing with the steel watch. That got to 5-6 fps which means my game is on hold till this is sorted. frown