Forgive me @Blackheifer but it seems that if you are going to dismiss my statement as bullshit - a statement that was backed up by a quote from Larian - you should feel obligated to do the same. Where is your evidence?

I frankly don't have the time to pull up every instance where the Larian CEO indicated he didn't like DnD but, from memory:

- he doesn't like that you miss so often in DnD (in the DOS system missing was rare but enemies had a huge store of hitpoints)

- he doesn't like that character level and spell level are different

- he never played DnD and preferred some other RPG whose name I forgot

- didn't care for the BG series and was more into final fantasy

- the infamous "we produced a 5e version of the game but decided it wasn't very fun"

And, of course, we have the CEO's recent statement. Larian wanted to things in combat that would violate DnD rules.

While your characterization of Hasbro - low effort, spreadsheet minded - is correct I see no evidence that they were behind the death of the DLC. I'm happy to hate on Hasbro but I think I need a bit more than Hasbro eeeevol to go on.

To underline this point: I don't want to carry water for WotC but I don't like conspiracy theories either.

As to why they wanted the contract and tried to get it twice? Everyone making RPGs wanted to make BG3. It's the flagship. It's the name that brings in money and brings recognition They wanted to contract to make money and burnish their reputation. No fandom required. Duh.

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 22/03/24 11:22 PM.