Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hello everyone,

Coming in hot for all platforms, this hotfix aims to continue improving your Baldur’s Gate 3 experience, and addresses several crashes and bugs. The tradespeople of Baldur’s Gate have also had a word with our people, and we both agree that container-based antics, while amusing, are damaging the economy. So in this update we’ve fixed several bugs with buying and selling. No more free lunches!

As with previous updates, if you’re experiencing any issues after installing this latest hotfix, please check whether the issue still persists with all mods uninstalled. If you continue to experience this issue after uninstalling mods, please contact our support team and submit a full report to help us solve your issue.

We continue to work on further fixes and patches, but in the meantime, thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
  • Fixed a bug causing you to get stuck in Lae'zel's recruitment dialogue if you saved halfway through the dialogue and then loaded that savegame.
  • Fixed a potential rare crash related to our particle system.
  • Fixed a crash when throwing the Black Pudding Platter.
  • Fixed a crash during Character Creation.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when selling a container with items in it, buying it again, and then selling it again.
  • Fixed a rare crash related to VFX material loading.
  • Fixed a bug preventing you from equipping items and using spells because an item kept being equipped.
  • Optimised Poltergeist auras to reduce memory usage and prevent an out-of-memory crash.

UI
  • Fixed an issue where selling all wares didn't remove the proper gold amount from the trader inventory.
  • Fixed a bug letting you generate gold by buying multiple items but only paying for one of them if you dragged the items into a container.
  • Fixed a bug letting you 'buy' a stack of items for free when dragging the stack into a container and using the item splitter.
  • Fixed equipped items blocked by shapeshifting being tradable, allowing you to get paid even if the items don't transfer to the trader's inventory.

SCRIPTING
  • Fixed clubs from the Moonrise Towers Prison getting automatically equipped when you picked them up.
  • Fixed a bug causing
    Nightsong
    to continuously gain and lose the Soul Caged condition if she had a condition that provided Immunity to being Incapacitated.
  • Fixed Balthazar not finishing his turn when he is too far from the Colony ritual spot to reach it in one turn.
  • Fixed a bug where a civilian would call for help and a group of Flaming Fists would appear, but instead of moving to the crime scene, they would just stand where they were spawned.

CODE AND GAMEPLAY
  • Fixed a bug causing party members to be wrongly ungrouped and fixed savegames in this broken state.
  • Fixed randomly occurring issues with dialogues, like repeating lines and options not showing up correctly.
  • Fixed some characters missing their spell SFX when going from camp to the world.
  • Fixed the bulette getting permanently stuck under the ground when you passed by in Turn-Based Mode.

veteran
veteran
I'm sure the team probably knows about this already, but there's an issue where if you bring a companion into your party from camp for the first time they don't have certain tabs available, like their reaction tab. Because of that you can't set their reactions to anything other than the default.

The current solution is to save the game, exit the game, and reload the game. That brings the tabs back.

veteran
veteran
Still didnt get my golden dice frown
Im sad ...

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
V
stranger
stranger
V
So I have not tried it out yet but given that the patchnotes do not list „fixed a bug introduced in hotfix 21 that made the game slow down on macs to the point of being unplayable“ I assume this is the second hotfix which does not address the issue?

Is this issue so hard and esoteric to figure out that we should expect more time until it gets fixed? WILL it get fixed? It has been a month soon and we have no idea if or when we will be able to play again.

I know we are a very small part of the player base and I do not expect Mac specific issues to be a top priority, but given that this essentially gamebreaking for Mac players, could you at least consider communicating a bit more regarding the issue? As in:
- do you have any idea what is causing this?
- do you need more bug reports/log files from more players to figure it out?
- is there a rough estimate until when you plan to fix the issue?
- Is this even anywhere on your priority list or are you aware how severely this affects gameplay for Mac users? (Because you seem to prioritize any random issue higher given that you released two hotfixes that address a lot of random stuff that is a lot less drastic)

Again, same story as during launch when the game was falsely advertised as being released for Mac on steam while it was still in fact in beta: PLEASE! For the love of god! TALK TO US! No Mac player expects priority treatment, we just want to know what to expect instead of being stuck with an unplayable game for over a month without any info on anything. frown

Last edited by Vyse; 27/03/24 04:00 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Vyse
So I have not tried it out yet but given that the patchnotes do not list „fixed a bug introduced in hotfix 21 that made the game slow down on macs to the point of being unplayable“ I assume this is the second hotfix which does not address the issue?

Is this issue so hard and esoteric to figure out that we should expect more time until it gets fixed? WILL it get fixed? It has been a month soon and we have no idea if or when we will be able to play again.

I know we are a very small part of the player base and I do not expect Mac specific issues to be a top priority, but given that this essentially gamebreaking for Mac players, could you at least consider communicating a bit more regarding the issue? As in:
- Is this even anywhere on your priority list or are you aware how severely this affects gameplay for Mac users? (Because you seem to prioritize any random issue higher given that you released two hotfixes that address a lot of random stuff that is a lot less drastic)

Again, same story as during launch when the game was falsely advertised as being released for Mac on steam while it was still in fact in beta: PLEASE! For the love of god! TALK TO US! No Mac player expects priority treatment, we just want to know what to expect instead of being stuck with an unplayable game for over a month without any info on anything. frown

Just played it on MBP M2 Max, Act 3 is still super choppy and dialogues still lag.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Well I sadly expected as much given that it was not mentioned among the fixes. frown

@Larian:
Can we please get a bit of information about when the game we paid for will be playable again, or how we as players could facilitate this process?

Larian: *silence for another month*

veteran
veteran
Curiously, is anyone else having trouble short resting right now?

My characters arrived at the grove and the game isn't letting me short rest for some reason.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Vyse

Completely agree with everything in this message.

Larian broke the game on Mac and have failed to fix it in three weeks and two hotfixes. At this point, I think they have three options:

1) Fix the bug soon: Obviously the best outcome, but it clearly isn't a simple bug to fix or it would have been done by now.
2) Roll Mac users back to the functioning version of the game (hotfix 20): Would allow Mac users to play, but would presumably break cross platform multiplayer and any post hotfix 21 saves.
3) Give up on Macs and offer refunds to all Mac users: The nuclear option and lose-lose for everyone - Larian loses money, Mac users lose perhaps the flagship game released on Mac.

Obviously the first option is the best if it is possible. I assume Larian is working towards this but, as Vyse says, if so, they need to communicate with Mac users about their progress, how long it is expected to take to fix, and what if anything we can do to help.

If the first option is not possible, I think Larian needs to consider option 2. I don't play cross-platform, but I understand that cross-platform play with Mac users is close to impossible now anyway. And I think most Mac users have stopped playing the game since hotfix 21 anyway, so will not lose much progress if reverting to hotfix 20 saves. Once they fix the problem, they can bring Mac users up-to-date with the other platforms.

Option 3 is a last resort that I hope we don't have to resort to. However, I think Larian should understand that they cannot keep money paid by Mac users unless they offer a functional product.

I appreciate Larian's effort in trying to bring this game to Mac and the work they do to fix bugs and update the game. However, the current situation for Mac users is unacceptable.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I wouldn‘t go as far as option three but I sure would like to know what has been going on. At first I thought that whatever changes were made would be easy to undo and it would take a week or so to fix.

So I would propose option 4: if an issue takes more than a week to fix, just tell us what is going on and if a solution to this issue is weeks or months away.

By now I am really wondering if I will get to play the game again within the next few months because there isn’t any indication on how big of an issue is or if we should expect a solution within days, weeks or months and I don’t even want to imagine what this experience must be like for new players who bought the game post hotfix 21.

Again, if there is no quick solution, at least talk to us and preferably do so here in your forum or discord and not via random posts on a third party platform like twitter. Is that really such a big thing to ask for?

Last edited by Vyse; 28/03/24 09:51 AM.
P
addict
addict
P
Back to tediously savescum pickpocketing everything i want from vendors instead of just magically acquiring it without paying but increasing vendor money at the same time. Policing the gold economy in a single player game.

I've had choppy cutscenes for over a month, act 3 is borderline unplayable because of it, and now i can't short rest. But hey, at least I can't glitch vendors anymore.

EDIT: and i can't even go and whine about it on the forums consistently due to near constant gateway timeouts laugh

Last edited by Piff; 29/03/24 01:21 AM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
It still feels like shouting into the void, but I hope somebody at Larian at least reads these posts. Also, I know the community managers and forum staff are not responsible for any of this and I do not mean to attack any of you, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward the message to whoever may have an impact on the communication strategy at Larian.

So let me reiterate what is so frustrating about the current situation one more time:

- The game was running completely fine on macs up until hotfix 21
- Since then, the game is unplayable on Mac (well technical it is, but I do not consider 5FPS playable or enjoyable)
- it has been a month since a patch introduced the issue and so far the only acknowledgement of its existence or that anything is done to fix the issue was a post that recommended settings that did not improve anything at all!
- Since then there has only been silence regarding the issue and nobody knows when the game is going to be playable again.
- Despite all of that you still released two more hotfixes that fixed all sorts of things that feel trivial in comparison, which amplifies the impression that any random inconvenience is more important to you than the entirety of the Mac player base. Maybe that is actually true. Maybe we are just a handful of players. I do not know any numbers because you keep refusing to explain anything to us. It just feels enormously frustrating to be in this situation.

This feeling is further enhanced for me personally through my personal circumstances. I sadly do not have time to play games as much as I used to. I had to pause my first run through the game halfway through Act II because I moved abroad due to my job. I was looking forward to continuing, now that everything has settled in again. I actually even took a week of holidays (not just to play the game but I wanted to do that as well) only to find the game to be in the state described above.

Since the whole launch debacle, nobody seems to have learned any lessons in terms of communication and all of this leads to me personally being extremely frustrated again. All I want is to keep playing a game I enjoy, yet you keep making that impossible, either by the launch shenanigans or by breaking a game that was running just fine and then refusing to comment on when it will become playable again.

These are all problems made in-house and the way you handle them makes it feel like you could not care less. I feel ignored and excluded. I understand that you have other issues to deal with as well and that you hopefully plan out what to fix with what patch way ahead of time. Nonetheless, if this happened to the windows version, I feel like half the studio would drop everything to fix that asap. Is it then really asked to much to at least get a comment on where things stand when this happens for the Mac version?

So please! In times like this, when there are big issues, PLEASE! Take the time to at least communicate with us! YOUR hotfix broke the game! Not some Mac update, not some random change by an external force beyond your control. It is entirely within your ability to tell us what went wrong and when we can expect a solution. If you need further bug reports or anything we can do to help to pinpoint or fix the issue, JUST SAY SO!

I can only speak for myself, but I will likely not be super happy if you tell us that it will be another two months to get the game back into a playable state, but even then I would still be significantly happier compared to being ignored for the same duration and I am reasonably confident, that the rest of the Mac players would agree.

In times like these, PLEASE take the 5 minutes to talk to the team responsible for the Mac version, get some information on where things stand and then let us know rather than giving us the silent treatment. The way things are right now is frankly infuriating.

I could keep going, but I keep rephrasing „just talk to us“ in a million different ways, so I’ll leave it at that.

Happy Easter…

T
stranger
stranger
T
Been loving the game since lauch, sadly having some issues with the latest hotfix. Since the latest hotfix, the game crashes repeatedly. THis occurs randomly under a variety of circumstances: at launch on steam, loading/making a save, transitioning to or from camp or just mid-play.

I play the game on GeforceNow via a PC, so I don't know if this is a hotfix issue or something with Geforce, but I thought I'd post here as well in case someone else is having similar issues.

veteran
veteran
@TrigP32G! did you perhaps change your Larian account email at some point in the past?

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
B
old hand
Online Content
old hand
B
Since the last hotfix - and "verify files" after crash during cinematics between Acts 2 and 3 (download of some 50 mg?) - the game has never run better. I no longer have a "waveline" across the screen (which I acquired around Patch 2) - default settings, 60 Hz refresh cap.

T
stranger
stranger
T
@Ussnorway Nope, this is the first Larian account I've made

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
About the Mac performance issue: Just want to confirm that the team is aware the issue still persists and they continue to work to get a solution as soon as possible!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Salo
About the Mac performance issue: Just want to confirm that the team is aware the issue still persists and they continue to work to get a solution as soon as possible!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Meta-support feedback: I just had the support-form fail to send on Icecat browser (Firefox 115) with re-captcha throwing an error ( Uncaught Error: ReCaptcha error: Failed to load script ) and on submission with a 400 ( XHRPOST
https://cmsapi.larian.com/api/issues
[HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request 249ms]

{"status":"ERROR","message":"Invalid captcha"}).

With hotfix 22 I had to switch back to bg3.exe and the game started crashing on Linux with wine 9 every few hours.

Link Copied to Clipboard