Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
stranger
stranger
M
?ome on guys! this is some kind of strange policy: do one thing, break another. not only can't I check the graphics, I can't enter the game!
well, how so, is there any normal future for bg3 on mac(

when I enter the game, the size of the picture in the game is 5 times higher than my resolution. I can't even enter the settings.

Last edited by Mavets; 05/04/24 10:44 AM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
how annoying it is)

I've been sitting for 40 min looking for a crutch to at least get into the settings. unbelievable.

Community Manager
Community Manager
I have reported the issues with the resolution to the team so they can look into this!

In the meantime, try browsing to the '~/Documents/Larian Studios/Baldur's Gate 3' folder and delete or rename the graphicSettings.lsx file, to get the game to recreate it the next time it is started, to see if that helps.

If the issue persists, please contact our support team! https://larian.com/support/baldur-s-gate-3#modal

M
stranger
stranger
M
Yeah, I did that right away. The game is still unplayable.

It went from 30 frames to 38. In patch 18 it was 60.
macbook 14 m1 pro

Last edited by Mavets; 05/04/24 03:18 PM.
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Salo
Hello all,

The latest Hotfix 24 should address the issue with performance. If after updating to Hotfix 24 (version number 4.1.1.5009956) you are still experiencing the same performance issues, please let our Support Team know: https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85

Confirmed. Thank you. The latest Hotfix does seem to improve gameplay significantly.

Oddly, it seems to have also broken the Steam FPS Counter. In fact, that may have been broken in hotfix 22 or 23.

Regardless, it feels smooth and looks good at 4k / 60hz / Ultra. So that's fine with me. Plus I don't have to pay for Crossover now just to finish the game.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I can definitely tell an improvement, but Patch 24 has not completely fixed things for me. I am still running into a graphical issue where the borders of things appear to shimmer, particularly in sunlight. I have a hard time describing it and taking a screenshot doesn't really convey the issue. I have found posts elsewhere where people seem to have run into similar issues and describe it as being grainy, pixelated, or cel shaded, but not sure if these are the same issue.

I did try deleting graphicSettings.lsx and my settings defaulted to much lower than they had previously been, most notably by turning TAA on. The issue I am describing is not present with TAA but the game looks a lot worse so that is not a satisfactory conclusion considering it ran fine on higher settings before.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea what the issue might be?

N
stranger
stranger
N
See link below for video of the issue. The starting screen is one of the places where the flickering is most present.

https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comments/1bxjhhg/bg3_graphics_issue/

N
stranger
stranger
N
Would the Mac users who are running the game with no issues mind posting what their settings are / what type of Mac they are using? I am using the suggested settings for M1 Max from the Elverils video linked below (shown at 11:29). This ran extremely well prior to Hotfix 21 but I am still having graphical issues and some lag post hotfix 24.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Honestly as bad as this is, it's the least of the Mac version's problems.

A game with FSR1 ("a sharpness filter that should never have been released" as my friend at AMD puts it) in 2023? Atrocious performance despite Apple CPUs being quite powerful. This is a bad port out of neglect, not out of impossibility.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard