Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
On my last run, I KO'd her and she was down 1 health but didn't show up at Moonrise Towers. Since I didn't want to spend what felt like endless hours playing her again, I gave up on her and now I'm not sure what I did wrong or where there was a mistake.

- Do I have to do the goblin bosses in a certain order?
- Do I have to talk to Halsin first?
- Can I do Long Rest in between?

I've simply lost track with all the patches and hotfixes.....

A
old hand
old hand
A
When you fight her, she has to have the "temporarily hostile" buff in her bar, after you defeat her make sure her knock out text states that she will wake up again after long rest. (Unless this has recently changed.) This means that you have to do Dror Ragzlin last and I think you cannot start the attack from out of dialogue with her either.

old hand
old hand
As far as I know, you have to defeat all the Gobbo leaders in a row without taking a long rest in between. 1. free Halsin & Co. 2. kill Priestess Gutt in her room, 3. KO'ing Minthara or talking to her, 4. kill Dror Ragzlin, 5. If you talked to Minthara, then KO'ing her during Druid Grove raid. (Now, you have to long rest and attend the Druid Grove Gates from outside for an (additional) cutscene otherwise it starts as usual as far as I remember.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 20/03/24 09:52 AM.
N
OP Offline
N
So I should just attack her WITHOUT talking to her correct?

A
old hand
old hand
A
You can talk to her - at least I could. But within her dialogue there is an attack line - something about being there to end her - which will start combat from dialogue. When I tried to knock out that way, the knocked out buff said she would disappear after long rest. When I ended the dialogue normally and then attacked and knocked her out, I got the proper buff that told me she would be alright again after long rest.

N
OP Offline
N
Thank you, so attacking outside of a dialog.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Naginata
So I should just attack her WITHOUT talking to her correct?

If you want to avoid the Druid Grove raid yep:

Additional notes from @bananaana1860 in the YT comments:

Summary from someone with 650 hours on bg3 with multiple runs successfully recruiting minthara(good and evil runs)
•eliminate princess gut in her private quarters (to avoid her calling reinforcements)
•break the war drum next to minthara to cause “temporary hostile” stat
•last attack on minthara must be melee without spells.
•some say to keep her underwear on as it caused them bugs, but I have not noticed
•defeat dror ragzlin as usual
•notify halsin

This is what I usually do, and I have not encountered minthara moonrise bugs for 3 non-evil runs. The only time I encounter problems is if priestess gut was eliminated after knocking out minthara.
If halsin is also in your camp, he won’t be bugged. But he will share a camp spot with minthara in act 2.
Also idk if this is related but I usually progress act 1 in this order.
Grove, goblin camp, Ethel, saving florrick and defeating “paladins of tyr”, celebrate with tieflings, under dark and mountain pass.

Last edited by Lotus Noctus; 20/03/24 10:10 AM.
N
OP Offline
N
Thank you very much

old hand
old hand
Another possibility, that avoids battling several bosses without long rest, is as follows :
1. Liberate Halsin from the worgpens : Make sure no goblin escapes to raise the alarm ! When Halsin is free, tell him to stay put til you return. Don't let him acompany you.
2. Go to Minthara and tell her you know the location of the grove.
3. Prepare for the grove attack (position oil barrels) and take long rest.
4. When the goblins attack, betray Minthara and fight with Tieflings. Dispatch all goblins but knock minthara out. You can loot her, but leave her lying where she fell.
5. Now you can go to your camp to celebrate with the tieflings.
6; Return to the goblin camp, which is now hostile and defeat the goblins and their leaders, in whatever order you want. Long rests can now be made.

V
stranger
stranger
V
The Patch 5 mechanism is still reliable: knock her out without talking to her and then deal with the rest of the Shattered Sanctum without long resting, though there might be other ways that would work in Patch 6 and beyond.

L
L
I just use the mod. It's old, but it still works.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Yo, you're a life saver. This is how I wanted to do it (for how cinematic it would be) but, I didn't know if it worked or not. I'll definitely do this on my next run. Thanks for the info smile

T
Banned
Banned
T
So Sven Vicke and his studio made a game where you strategically abuse a woman in order to force her into servitude.

That's the kind of gamer that Larian wants as their audience.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by Thelxiope
So Sven Vicke and his studio made a game where you strategically abuse a woman in order to force her into servitude.

That's the kind of gamer that Larian wants as their audience.

Thelxiope has earned a 24 hour timeout for spamming the forum with other similar heated accusations. As always, I’d ask folk not to rise to provocation and report posts they think are intentionally provocative.

Thanks to those forum members who did so.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
journeyman
journeyman
How I got Minthara without fighting the grove

1st- I just abandoned the grove to the under dark from blighted village continued my journey there to Moonrise found Minthara at moonrise

2nd - Thunderwaved a guard into the Canyon knocked out Minthara killed the other 2 leaders found at Moonrise.

P
addict
addict
P
People have covered this method, so i doubt this will be new information. I've only recruited Minthy twice (I kill her more often than not, even in my evil runs), so I'm not an expert, but this is how I got her in my good runs:

- kill Gut off in her side room, you should always take her out first, doing her later seems to cause issues?
- free Halsin, but don't have him with you.
- then put the grove in it's raid state. You can do this either by letting Sazza tell Minthara where it is, or just doing so yourself, then agreeing to raid the grove.
- (Optional: kill Dror Ragzlin after Minthara runs off to prepare for the raid. You can kill the entire camp after Minthara runs off and it shouldn't affect the raid.)
- don't worry about Halsin, he takes care of himself. He'll show up in the after-raid cutscene looking like a proud dad.
- Get back to the grove and then when Minthara orders you to open the gate, you don't, so she is hostile to you and the raid begins.
- KNOCK HER OUT, DO NOT KILL HER. Just get some people to leap over to where she's stationed and go ham until she's unconscious. I parked barrels at the base of her rock before the raid and blew the rest of her army the fuck up so i didn't have to worry about them. loot her if you want, I haven't had her lack of clothes cause any issues.
- play your game as normal. Maybe speed your way to Moonrise if you feel insecure about it.

After a long rest, Minthara should have vanished and you can find her being dressed down at Moonrise, you then have to rescue her from the prison and take her outside Moonrise, then tell her to go to your camp in the dialogue that follows. Go from the prisons through the side exit to the docks and jump over to the mainland, it's the easiest path with the least amount of enemies, i've found. i have used this method successfully in the last few weeks, so unless update 23 broke this too, it should still work.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Piff
Go from the prisons through the side exit to the docks and jump over to the mainland, it's the easiest path with the least amount of enemies, i've found. i have used this method successfully in the last few weeks, so unless update 23 broke this too, it should still work.

If you have an invisibility scroll, spell slot or potion to spare, you can also just cast the spell or throw the potion at her and walk out through the main entrance without anyone noticing.

Link Copied to Clipboard