The most IRONIC thing about BG3 is that most die hard fans of the game AND D&D 5th outright dislikes the prior games. Or don't even mention them in comparison.

I think the forgotten reals world and atmosphere/immersion was top tier and really well done with the prior games. I still prefer them to BG3 in the long run.
So many more options/ways they can be played thanks to mods still being developed, a huge playable NPC companion base mixed in with 6 party adventure gives it tons of replay potential.

Even with current/future MODS no way BG3 will ever have more NPCs, quests, dialogues and such... and a forced modded 6 party game just does not fit the Larian designed board game type encounters.
And Larian's weak mod support + giving up on future expansions or any kind of major changes apart for bug fixes is pretty much the nail in the coffin for this game.

Last edited by Count Turnipsome; 04/04/24 09:28 AM.

It just reminded me of the bowl of goat's milk that old Winthrop used to put outside his door every evening for the dust demons. He said the dust demons could never resist goat's milk, and that they would always drink themselves into a stupor and then be too tired to enter his room..