Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hello everyone,

We’re continuing to improve stability and performance in Baldur’s Gate 3 and have another small hotfix going live today that addresses some bugs and performance issues!

Unable to Short Rest? A bug was preventing some players from taking a Short Rest when having added and then dismissed Us with a companion party member, before then loading certain savegames. We've had some kind but firm words with this adorable intellect devourer, and power naps are now back on the schedule.

Mac players, we have now resolved an issue introduced in a previous Hotfix that was causing performance and FPS drops on the platform. Update your game with this latest hotfix, and check that you are on version 4.1.1.5009956!

As with previous updates, if you’re experiencing any issues after installing this latest hotfix, please check whether the issue persists with all mods uninstalled. If you continue to experience this issue after uninstalling mods, please contact our support team and submit a full report to help us solve your issue.

We continue to work on further fixes and patches, but in the meantime, thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3!

FIXES
  • Fixed a crash that could occur after the cinematic that plays when transitioning from Act II to Act III.
  • Fixed an issue preventing you from taking a Short Rest when having added and dismissed Us with a companion party member and then loaded certain savegames.
  • Fixed Us appearing at camp and near other waypoints when that didn't make sense.
  • Fixed an issue introduced in Hotfix 21 causing reduced performance on Mac.

V
stranger
stranger
V
So this seems to fix the mac issues and I thank the team for that, but I have a hard time remaining positive given Larian's communication policies. "Oh we made the game unplayable for your did we? Wait here in silence and pray something is happening eventually." has been a poor strategy during launch and it has not become better since.

Please establish some sort of communication rules other than "Just wait it out". At least for extreme situations like, I don't know… a hotfix (or anything else) making the game unplayable.
Not talking about random bugfixes beforehand is fine, but please address bigger situations properly instead of leaving everybody in the dark in the future.

It can be as simple as a weekly update. Just write a mail to the respective dev teams on what the status is, package the response in marketing friendly speech and then give out an update to your community, either here or on discord (or, god forbid, both). That is what? 4 hours of effort in very few weeks of the year when something got broken? Is that really too much to ask?

Last edited by Vyse; 04/04/24 03:10 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Unfortunately, it seems Minthara is still not reacting to major events such as
Gale being kidnapped by Orin

apprentice
apprentice
Is the hot fix not available on GOG yet?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by corporal8
Is the hot fix not available on GOG yet?
yes it is on Galaxy as 52mb

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
apprentice
apprentice
I don't think it is available on GOG for Mac yet, unless I am missing something.

veteran
veteran
i'm going to assume you don't use Galaxy so no its not posted as offline install yet... give it another day or two

apprentice
apprentice
Even using Galaxy, it is not seeing an update. Still on hot fix 23, with no update being available.

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Checking with the team, Hotfix 24 for Mac seems to be going a bit delayed on GOG as it's still passing some checks. It will be available shortly!
I will update here once it's live for download.

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
UPDATE: Hotfix 24 for Mac just went live for GOG!

apprentice
apprentice
!!!! thanks Salo!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Salo
UPDATE: Hotfix 24 for Mac just went live for GOG!

Thanks for al the communication about Mac lately

veteran
veteran
its looks like Intel Mac still has issues but mine is an M1 so i can't reproduce

N
stranger
stranger
N
I have an M1 Max and I am still having issues. Massive FPS improvement from when Hotfix 21 first hit, but the graphics have never recovered and I am still getting some lag.

Link Copied to Clipboard