Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
addict
addict
After patch 6 installation, game crashes when trying to continue current game.
(Karlagh origin game, halfway act 2)
Crash report can't be sent to Larian because of Http 500 error.

old hand
old hand
Hey hey, the Shadowheart Grymforge kiss animation in Act 1 is still broken. Hotfix please? Thank you all for the lovely patch!

Last edited by Ecc2ca; 16/02/24 06:53 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ldo58
After patch 6 installation, game crashes when trying to continue current game.
(Karlagh origin game, halfway act 2)
Crash report can't be sent to Larian because of Http 500 error.

I retried several times and suddenly, the game didn't crash anymore. I get the "push any key" screen to go to the main menu, push "continue" and then it loads to 100% and returns to the "push any key menu". I can repush a key , see the menu again and choose "continue" or "load game" again and it goes on like this ad eternum.

I can create a new game with Karlach as origin character. It goes well until I find the first rune slate. It doesn't respond. Right click on it and I get the "read" menu item, active. But clicking does nothing. I can pick it up though, but not read.

Anyway, I would love to continue my existing Karlagh game.

apprentice
apprentice
Thank you Larian, the amount of fixes in this patch is amazing.
Your dedication to support refining an already wonderful game is very much appreciated.

Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games).
A
old hand
old hand
A
Originally Posted by ldo58
I can create a new game with Karlach as origin character. It goes well until I find the first rune slate. It doesn't respond. Right click on it and I get the "read" menu item, active. But clicking does nothing. I can pick it up though, but not read.

The one in the first room? Hasn't that always been broken?

veteran
veteran
All the rune slates worked perfectly fine with Update #5, however as of today the one in the starting chamber no longer works, along with two next to the goblin corpse in the chamber where Us is located.

journeyman
journeyman
Thank you for this wonderful patch filled with bug fixes and the various kiss animations, however one thing I noticed and please correct me if I am wrong if its always been the case but..

In the interface of character screen where it displays all items equipped by them, I can no longer right click select anything for purpose of unequipping, it seems to be a drag and drop thing now back to inventory.
Similarily its the same case with dye items from your stash, you can no longer right click to "pick up" any dyes from stash, only drag and drop to your inventory.

Not that this is that much of an issue but in case if its an unintended change.

Last edited by Xenonian; 16/02/24 08:39 PM.
addict
addict
[BARBARIAN][PERSUASION]RECOVER MY KARLAGH SAVES.

(rolling the dice, what will it be ?)

S
stranger
stranger
S
Larian has made like a billion dollars on this game but Sven can't hire some Mac devs so we get releases at the same time as everyone else?

Originally Posted by Sarak
Larian has made like a billion dollars on this game but Sven can't hire some Mac devs so we get releases at the same time as everyone else?
Larian did just that. They outsourced the Mac port to another studio. I think the issue is they were way over their head with the amount of work involved with BG3 in particular due to how huge the game is.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Originally Posted by ThatDarnOwl
Larian did just that. They outsourced the Mac port to another studio. I think the issue is they were way over their head with the amount of work involved with BG3 in particular due to how huge the game is.

Well obviously it couldn't possibly be Swen's fault, could it? You have absolutley no evidence for thinking that this company "were in way over their head" or in over their head to any extent. I'll bet you couldn't even name the company.

Six months after release and we have the 6th major patch and its still huge yet people are still praising Larian for fixing things which should not have been broken in the first place.

M
M
Increased the number of valid methods of knocking Minthara out to recruit her.

I guess that's a NO on improving the actual "evil" path.

It's a long list of things changed. I hope this does not mean hundreds of new bugs unleashed...

You have absolutley no evidence for thinking that this company "were in way over their head" or in over their head to any extent.
It's an educated guess. Baldur's Gate 3 is a first for Larian in multiple ways. One of them is the Mac port was released simultaneously with the PC version. Previous games they worked on had the Mac port released long after the PC version. Like with Divinity Original Sin 2, the Mac port came out in 2019, 2 years after the PC version and 1 year after the Definitive version. So they were just porting a finished game to Mac as opposed to continuously updating a game over the course of several months and maintaining parity with the PC version. That tells me the studio is over their head.
I'll bet you couldn't even name the company.
It's a Russian studio named Elverils LLC. It's even on their website.
https://www.elverils.com/
Six months after release and we have the 6th major patch and its still huge yet people are still praising Larian for fixing things which should not have been broken in the first place.
I'm not praising Larian for this I personally think they should've waited to release BG3's various ports until after its updates are finished. It's clear DOS2 benefitted from this approach by comparison. I personally believe this also contributed to the toolset's delay which is more infuriating than anything else tbh.

old hand
old hand
Hey folks, does anyone know if they fixed voice 8 for Tav/Durge? Anytime I switch to my character who uses voice 8, it has never played a Durge-themed dialogue for me. Only Tav dialogues. I tested it out today, and still the same thing.

G
stranger
stranger
G
This patch completely removed the ability to shift and ctrl click several items into the barter window and the traders inventory takes a really long time to load and trying to sell or add an item to bartering crashes the game. Please fix this real fast, having to just stand there and wait for items to slowly load in to the traders inventory was never an issue before and it's driving me insane.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Ganjasaurus
This patch completely removed the ability to shift and ctrl click several items into the barter window
Joined just to mention this. it's actually kind of a big deal. usually I don't care too much if there is a minor bug here or there. But as good as the new ui is, this is such a large detriment that I would much prefer to have the old ui for this functionality. Please have it in the next hotfix as soon as possible.

Last edited by Katorskay; 17/02/24 05:10 AM.
Unfortunate that in a patch all about kissin' the Selunite Cleric's "Kiss me like you hate me" interaction with Shadowheart and the Shar Idol is still mysteriously missing its kiss.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Auric
Unfortunate that in a patch all about kissin' the Selunite Cleric's "Kiss me like you hate me" interaction with Shadowheart and the Shar Idol is still mysteriously missing its kiss.

1000% this! It’s driving me crazy, lol.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tompuce
Is someone using the GOG version ? Because in gog galaxy the patch is 122gb? Wasn't the update should be around 21gb?
I have more than 500gb of free space on my drive. But It looks like it tries to download the all game again.
I have a poor internet connection (it clocks at 1.3 mb/s speed to download), anyone have a solution to that ?
Thanks
Larian only means Steam when they say we fixed the patches size

there was one patch over a year ago where they got it right but in general yes Gog is 2nd class and you get the full game every patch [so far most hotfixs don't go nuts]

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Why on earth was the create water variant removed? It had a smaller range and didn't last as long. Its not a game crashing bug, its not mega OP, it didn't need a "fix". This patch has basically ruined my run which was based around it.

The thing was in the game from launch with no issues but has now been removed hours into a run I have based on it. Really killed my desire to play.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard