Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Zayir
Not every handsome man in reallife is a model, but yes, a handsome man who corresponds to the ideal of a reallife model.

Being handsome is just - genetic fitness. Therefore, it is nonsensical to have characters look like lowly peasants because such characters lack the capacity for greatness. It's as simple as that.

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Pretty great from the same mod I previously mentioned, but now I get "We Were unable to create a working story" message.

This whole thing is humiliating, to have to scavenge for mods for a basic thing that should've been properly executed at launch.

Very embarrassing for Larian.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Volunteer Moderator
Online Content
Volunteer Moderator
Originally Posted by FixedFlow
Originally Posted by Zayir
Not every handsome man in reallife is a model, but yes, a handsome man who corresponds to the ideal of a reallife model.

Being handsome is just - genetic fitness. Therefore, it is nonsensical to have characters look like lowly peasants because such characters lack the capacity for greatness. It's as simple as that.

Erm, I’m not sure where to start explaining what’s wrong about this, beyond it giving me a weirdly Victorian vibe. And frankly I shouldn’t need to explain, as I’d hope that no one would think that suggesting that equating failing to live up to their personal standards of attractiveness with being a “lowly peasant” and lacking capacity for greatness is a constructive way to engage. @FixedFlow, this isn’t the first time I’ve had complaints of you being deliberately provocative. If it’s not deliberate, then please be more careful. And if it is deliberate, that’s against forum rules so please no more!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
I'm putting the game on hold until this is resolved - proper male human faces.

It would be nice if we can get an official timeline - 1 month, 3 months, never?

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Halycon Styxland
And yes the face choices are limited but mods will probably fix that well enough.

No gamer should ever have to rely on this. It induces laziness and incompetence in developers (see Bethesda).

This is why I have always been so opposed to modding itself as a concept.

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Any news on this front? I haven't touched the game since.

Honestly, this feels like pure anti-Whitism, anti-masculinity, the same stuff Bioware did with Mass Effect Andromeda customization when it first launched.

veteran
veteran

Honestly, this feels like pure anti-Whitism, anti-masculinity, the same stuff Bioware did with Mass Effect Andromeda customization when it first launched.

The official modding support is coming to the game with the next patch, so you might find something that fits your needs as a modification to the game. But, in my opinion, your inability to create a proper white male is more of a skill issue. I did it somehow, why can't you?

T
T
To be honest I don't think they're going to prioritise making new models because one person doesn't think the existing ones are hot enough. If this is a dealbreaker, it's possible that this just isn't the game for you - and that's OK!

S
old hand
old hand
S
There's people with strong opinions on both "too" attractive and too little attractive video game avatars. There will never be a pleasing everyone. Additionally, I don't feel like vanilla Bg3 has any racial bias in terms of attractiveness. it's as difficult to make a moderately attractive *human* black man as a white man (making vaguely Asian characters I've not even tried unmodded, too difficult unless SE).

If you want fancier mugs unmodded, Tiefling is a good route to go, as are Half Elves.

However, as someone who's modded in plenty of faces: even if the "default" choices were all incredibly attractive, I would still reject them every so often for being not the face I imagined for a character. Having a very specific imagine in my head can be both a blessing and a curse.

The Half Elf face I'm thinking about: Pic 1, AFAIK vanilla
https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/p4h9kz/in_defense_of_male_tavs_behold_my_collection/

Mildly annoying to have to go half elf for a pretty "human-ish" male, yes, but not the end of the world. Half elves are anywhere from 25% to 75% elf, you can roleplay as raised among humans very well in lore.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Hi FixedFlow. I’m sorry you’re disappointed with the selection of faces. Still, discussing political topics is against forum rules. Please refrain from doing so going forward.

Feel free to dm me for further clarification on forum etiquette.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by neprostoman

The official modding support is coming to the game with the next patch, so you might find something that fits your needs as a modification to the game. But, in my opinion, your inability to create a proper white male is more of a skill issue. I did it somehow, why can't you?

I don't want to get this message every single time I start the game "We Were unable to create a working story"

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by neprostoman

I don't want to get this message every single time I start the game "We Were unable to create a working story"
I have tons of facial mods and that has never happened to me when following the correct order of steps. The worst I've ever had was some installed faces just not being available for all body types they ought to be. I follow the golden rule of never deinstalling a mod mid playthrough, though. That can get ugly rarely but extremely quickly.

There also seems to be an issue some people have encountered when attempting to wipe the game lately. Not me personally, but if you do it wrong (or it goes wrong) your game will be equally broken on re-install. Not sure what's up with that. Don't do anything that is extremely hazardous to the integrity or working order of your game files, such as deleting faces that were overwritten by a mod, but are in use for some NPCs. Generally avoid mods that replace faces instead of adding new ones or have unorthodox installs atm maybe as well. That scenario sounds a bit far fetched, but it's either something *like* that, or your character creator got bullied into oblivion.

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Trantion
because one person

Completely unnecessary to blatantly lie like that.

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
It looks like there is not even a mention of White human male faces fix in the upcoming patch 7.

A thoroughly anti-White, anti-male company as you would expect.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
@FixedFlow, we've asked you to stop discussing politics several times to no avail. You've earned a first warning.

The second warning comes with a temporary ban, the third is less of a warning and more of a permanent ban. Be sure to check your DMs for details.

Larian, please make accessibility a priority for upcoming patches.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard