Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
stranger
stranger
T
Yes I am in the same boat. Just label created. I also got an email with my DLC code, but I do not have anything other than label created. FedEx swears they don't have it and Larian says it must not have been scanned in by FedEx according to the last response I got from support.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Yup Larian support is claiming that a bunch of our packages must've just not been scanned into the system yet FedEx claims they haven't gotten them yet.Both parties are now saying they don't have it so who knows if we ever get them at this point.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Blastronaut
Yup Larian support is claiming that a bunch of our packages must've just not been scanned into the system yet FedEx claims they haven't gotten them yet.Both parties are now saying they don't have it so who knows if we ever get them at this point.

Oof, well I have hope it’s just taking a little longer than I’d like. I’ve seen some people post that they’ve gotten theirs already, and others haven’t given any updates yet. As soon as I have any updates on my end I’ll post it on here. At least then we will have some sort of an idea of what everyone can expect.

O
stranger
stranger
O
To be fair to Larian, FedEx is kind of ass. I have actually received every item I've ever ordered that went through them, but tracking updates are really spotty--they'll be extremely delayed at best and completely absent at worst most of the time. I've even received packages that were supposed to be tracked but were never marked as even having been received.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I got my label created email on 5 July. Same deal: FedEx says that they're waiting on the package. Now, I'm not intimately familiar with the FedEx scan procedure, but one would THINK that if they actually HAVE the package and it's in transit, when it hits the next facility, there's a good chance it'll get scanned and the tracking will show up. I understand missed scans, and see weird tracking updates all the time (USPS once mistakenly sent a package from Midland, TX to NEW YORK CITY before sending it back west to Fort Worth, TX) and is usually responsible for a package showing an origin scan, then nothing, and days later, you get an Out For Delivery notice without ever seeing it show up at your city's local hub.

So let's suppose that FedEx has the package, but missed the pickup scan. Presumably, it goes to a FedEx sort facility locally in IE. Then it goes to an international hub, and on a FedEx jet. Then to the United States, where FedEx sends it through customs, then to a distribution hub, where it would be sent via truck to a FedEx hub in DFW, then to the local Fort Worth hub, and finally, on a truck for delivery. At EACH of those steps, they're going to scan the barcode on the package. I can see 1 or 2 scans getting missed. But ALL of them? PLUS, the system NEEDS the scan to determine HOW to route the package. The days of someone looking at the address on the label to tell it where to go are long past. The barcode tells the automated routing system WHAT truck to put the package on so it goes to the correct next hub.

Conclusion: The package is lost. How long does Larian wait without any tracking updates before they come to the same conclusion and re-send it?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by SnArL
I can see 1 or 2 scans getting missed. But ALL of them? PLUS, the system NEEDS the scan to determine HOW to route the package. The days of someone looking at the address on the label to tell it where to go are long past. The barcode tells the automated routing system WHAT truck to put the package on so it goes to the correct next hub.

Conclusion: The package is lost. How long does Larian wait without any tracking updates before they come to the same conclusion and re-send it?

I hope that’s not the case, I would be greatly disappointed. Also, are they even able to just re-send it if the package is indeed lost? Weren’t these deluxe editions made in accordance with how many pre-orders they received?

D
stranger
stranger
D
My shipping label was created on July 3rd with FedEx, and it's the same story. Label created with no other updates since then. I emailed Larian support last Friday and got an immediate response stating that they are "aware of a situation where tracking links seem to not be updating."

Honestly, at this point, I'm not buying it. They also told me that "some" affected orders are still being delivered, despite what the tracking information says (which is technically possible, but unlikely for this many orders). I was never told anything about packages potentially missing scans either, which I find rather strange.

I'm starting to think a batch of orders were either lost or stolen as well. If we can get proof or confirmation of a package being delivered with no tracking updates (or scans) whatsoever from another user, then that would at least help with my confidence in the situation.

Last edited by Dark-Matter; 18/07/24 05:31 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm still waiting as well, says the label was created the 5th. I was told the same thing about fedex not scanning them and some ppl still getting them. So I guess we are not some ppl, what does this mean going forward bc I can't speak for others but I've been waiting nearly a yr since I ordered my game and now it's just lost? My co worker got his in 6 days once the label was created. There's no reason it should be 2 weeks with no updates frown someone has to take accountability for this, they can't just leave a ton of ppl with a $100 loss. I get it isn't Larians fault for production issues but it isn't our fault either. Definitely feels like everything is just being brushed off which is that much more frustrating! Plus fedex was extremely rude when I called to ask of theres anyway to track it without a tracking number. Like miss girl I just want my game don't be mean to me 😭

S
stranger
stranger
S
Well, for those in the US who received your copy, how long did it take for the package to clear customs? What was the wait time between "Shipping label created" and it arriving at your door?

D
stranger
stranger
D
I read through this other thread and even though it was in the UK it seems like they had quite a few similar issues we’re having as well. It does seem like it ended with good news for everyone involved. 👍🏽 🤞🏽

B
stranger
stranger
B
Contacted FedEx moments ago and spoke to a couple of representatives that have told me that they have yet to even receive the package from Larian.So I really believe that a large amount of our packages have either been stolen or incorrectly sent by Larian to FedEx(if they were made at all at this point)or possibly the waves of shipments have been staggered to take even longer for the wave we are assigned to and they would rather have us just wait instead of sending out another tweet/update or group of emails telling us the wait will now be even longer.I've never experienced so much frustration trying to order a game and I'm surprised that not a single journalist or news site has posted about this weird set of issues we've been dealing with.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I’m in the same boat as everyone else. Ordered Jan 1st-2nd wave. Received an email from FedEx on July 5th saying a label was created. Item would be shipping from Kilkenny, IE. Received an email July 15th from Larian for my digital extras. Contacted FedEx July 17th to confirm they have not received the package from Larian. Contacted Larian the same day only for them to blame FedEx: wait 7-10 business days for an updated tracking info and likely a missed scan at pickup.

I’m sorry. Am I supposed to believe (as shitty as FedEx is) that they still missed scanning ALL of our packages? I’ve browsed the Reddit sub and people are posting the same issue over there too. I don’t think they have been stolen because I don’t believe Larian has even shipped them yet. There was probably additional production issues and announcing another delay would get the attention of some of the gaming news outlets.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I think there's only a couple possibilities at this point. The batch of packages were either lost/stolen or they haven't shipped at all yet. I'm not sure which I think is more likely, but I think I'm leaning towards the latter. Support might just see that the labels were printed and assume the packages were (or would be sent) soon after. Maybe there was some kind of breakdown of communication between teams? Can only speculate.

Funnily enough, a reprint of a different game I ordered late last year had a whole pallet stolen shortly after the manufacturing process. The company was quick to inform customers and had to reorder another set of reprints. Weird stuff like that does happen.

It's the conflicting information and lack of communication that is really starting to frustrate me right now. Something strange is clearly going on with the usual process.

Last edited by Dark-Matter; 19/07/24 12:51 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
at this point I hope larian never makes a game I care about this much again. the pc collectors edition was a horrible shipping experience, the ps5 physical is a horrible shipping experience, and I am certain the vinyls will be a horrible shipping experience. and they charged premium shipping fee for each of those orders....

Last edited by thebham; 19/07/24 02:29 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Finally contacted them again since I haven't heard a single thing and got the same copy and paste response. I'm genuinely so upset atp. Being told to wait 7-10 days again when it's been 14 days already, I waited the 10 days and more bc I feel bad even bothering them! Idk what to do, I just want my game! 😭

Last edited by Dorksragdoll; 19/07/24 03:04 PM. Reason: I doofed my sentence
D
stranger
stranger
D
Did you check the FedEx tracking? Mine updated today to say the seller finally dropped the package off with them in Santry, Ireland. Although, it also said it was dropped off after shipping hours and so it won’t ship until the next business day. Combine that with the service outage that happened and we’re probably getting another delay. At least this time we have new info. I can’t believe Larian didn’t ship for almost two weeks and then gaslighted everyone that it was a FedEx issue.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Yeah mine still says label created. The customer service rep is really nice and he did say they will make sure everyone gets theres so I feel a little better but this still sucks eggs! 14 days is crazy!

B
stranger
stranger
B
Im back again. Still in the same boat. No game no proof there ever will be a game.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Just got off the phone with FedEx. They said they never got any games from larian and that larian has them and hasn't said anything about handing over to fedex?

B
stranger
stranger
B
As the original bushwhacker stated. It kinda feels like a scam to me...

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard