Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Hello all,

While some of our EU and Oceania PS5 friends have begun unboxing their console Deluxe Editions, we are still at the mercy of production issues for those waiting on their North America PS5 and Xbox copies.

Although we were hopeful there would be no more delays, we share your frustration in waiting to receive your copies. We are working closely with our partners to ensure those who have pre-ordered PS5 US version should begin to see their copies shipped later this month, and Xbox versions within the next two weeks.

Though out of our control, we remain in constant communication with our partners to ensure they hit your doorstop as soon as possible.

Why not give out digital codes to those still waiting to play?
Unlike PC versions, both PS5 and Xbox versions are full disc games, and sold as a physical edition, which means we are unable to substitute these pre-orders with digital downloads.

What has made this take so long?
Changes in the scope and manufacturing of the physical copies on console meant that the production process needed to be revisited, causing a delay in shipping.

Thank you for supporting Baldur’s Gate 3, for supporting us.

We’re disappointed it has taken longer than the initial expected timeframe we had, which was offered to you ahead of preordering. We hope not to have to update you with any further news of delay, and you should receive an email once your copy has shipped.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please email merch-support@larian.com.

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
We have disappointing news to share with you.

While we were so hoping to not have to update owners of the console physical Deluxe Edition with any further news of delay, we’ve now run into more production issues which means that players who pre-ordered their PS5 North America copy that was expected to ship later this month, will now have to wait until July before they can get their hands on them.

Due to production changes outside of our control, we have had to follow certain processes specifically set by production companies when manufacturing the PS5 discs, and unfortunately, the approval for particular regions has taken much longer than expected.

We expect all PS5 North America copies to be ready in around 14 days - followed by another 10 days to begin delivering these directly to players. We are also in talks with the manufacturer to understand whether it is possible to hire extra temporary staff to reduce assembly times.

Knowing that there are some of you still waiting to play Baldur’s Gate 3, despite the fact we are unable to substitute physical goods with digital versions, we can only deeply apologise that your preorders have again been delayed.

By committing to creating physical editions, we were hoping to preserve the almost nostalgic feeling of unboxing your newest game, and this is a commitment we’re hoping to bring into the future with us, this time ensuring we continue to work closely with our partners to manage the planning and production process.

We’re so sorry it’s taking so long to get your preorder to you, and thank you, for continuing to support us.

What’s the status of the other copies?
- Xbox copies now shipping
- PS5 EU & Oceania copies have all left our warehouse, and if not yet delivered, should be with the relevant courier

How can I get the digital content from my physical Deluxe Edition?

The digital content codes for the Baldur's Gate 3 physical Deluxe Edition have been emailed to those with a PS5 EU or Oceania console copy, and we are in the process of emailing the codes for Xbox versions.

Once you’ve received your physical copy and installed Baldur’s Gate 3, please redeem your Xbox or PS5 code that will have been emailed to you, and stop by your camp chest to grab your in-game bonus items, and don't forget to secure your digital soundtrack, artbook, and character sheets by visiting: https://larian.com/account/digital-extras

If you run into any issues with receiving your code by email or have questions about your game delivery or code redemption, please contact our support team at: merch-support@larian.com

A
stranger
stranger
A
You say all EU have left the warehouse yet I and many others in the UK haven't even gotten a tracking email.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I have to say, the shipping for the U.K. and lack of contact/updates that are HELPFUL have really tainted my view and experience of dealing with Larian. It feels like "we've got your money, now tough!"

Not a nice experience and one I won't be doing (or recommending) again.

Extremely disappointed and let down.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
It's been almost 2 weeks since I got my courier email stating they would be receiving the item to then delivering it to me. Almost 2 weeks and the message is still "we are awaiting delivery of the item from the supplier".
This, along with my ignored emails and lack of communication, leads me to believe we have been lied to.
As mentioned above, I've lost faith in Larian and won't be quick to jump in and deal with them in the future.

Last edited by Zombiejack; 30/05/24 12:29 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I want my cash back right now

S
stranger
stranger
S
What is going on with this? I've had the xbox version on order since Novemeber, i've never had a courier email or text and now i'm getting emails telling me to redeem digital items which i can't do without the physical game. The order status hasn't been updated since last year, was there even enough copies of the game produced or are they fobbing us off whilst they try to make them in the background?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Jeez, can't ya'll relax? Like you don't have tons of other games to play while you wait. They are posting updates and doing what they can to get everything out. Everyone is waiting, just be patient. Like holy....

Thanks Larian for doing what you can with what you have. Super stoked to play once it gets here. SOME of us can be patient at least.

G
stranger
stranger
G
I'll tell my bank next time I have money production problems haha. Crazy that it's called ps5 & xbox, but 99.9% of the complaints only come from xbox players. I don't insinuate anything, but if you see connections, you see them.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Zaraxeon
Jeez, can't ya'll relax? Like you don't have tons of other games to play while you wait. They are posting updates and doing what they can to get everything out. Everyone is waiting, just be patient. Like holy....

Thanks Larian for doing what you can with what you have. Super stoked to play once it gets here. SOME of us can be patient at least.

Does it taste good?

T
stranger
stranger
T
I should mention that there appears to be an issue with with the Xbox key that was emailed out yesterday. When I redeemed it, it was for a digital copy of the base game and not the bonus items and soundtrack as stated in the email. I've already emailed merch-support@larian.com to investigate, but I have concerns the wrong keys are being issued out.

stranger
stranger
Same thing happened with my Xbox key that was emailed to me. I have emailed support as well but have not heard anything back yet. Have you?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Zaraxeon

Exactly. Larian has no control over these issues. Everyone is so rude online. Don't be like that to Larian, ever. They're always on our side.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same here actually. I also emailed support (I assume they're slammed). The redemption page on the Larian web page per instructions also says Im not qualified for the deluxe benefits. Odd. Im sure this will be sorted in the following week.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I haven't received a reply back a the moment, but hope to at least get some sort of acknowledgment from them in the next day or so.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I have the same problem, but the support didn't respond about this. They game me the tracking number that is still waiting forte package since 30 of may.
Do you think we will get the deluxe edition content?

F
stranger
stranger
F
I have also this problem. I received my physical discs and use the code. I am from EU. The code that has be send is a digital copy of the game. Not for the deluxe extras. On larian website i get a error for the digital soundtrack. I have send 3 message to larian support but i dont have any reply on this e-mails.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
I received an email about the erroneous code and that they would send a new code in a few days.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Salo
- PS5 EU & Oceania copies have all left our warehouse, and if not yet delivered, should be with the relevant courier

Can we get information on which Wave this information pertains to? Is this about Wave 1, and Wave 2 isn't close to shipping yet? Or is this information specifically about Wave 2? Because if it's the latter, I'm in Oceania and my PS5 copy doesn't seem to have been shipped yet. I haven't received any courier/tracking information, and if I check the status of my order it doesn't say it's been shipped yet either.

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
If you received an incorrect DLC, you should now have received an email with more information about the situation.
We will send all Xbox Series X|S Deluxe Edition owners a new Digital Deluxe DLC code with the correct content. If you haven't received the new code by now, you will receive it very soon!

Originally Posted by John B.
Originally Posted by Salo

Can we get information on which Wave this information pertains to? Is this about Wave 1, and Wave 2 isn't close to shipping yet? Or is this information specifically about Wave 2? Because if it's the latter, I'm in Oceania and my PS5 copy doesn't seem to have been shipped yet. I haven't received any courier/tracking information, and if I check the status of my order it doesn't say it's been shipped yet either.

This information pertains to all the waves. If you pre-ordered an Oceania version and haven’t yet received any shipping information, please keep an eye on your inbox for your tracking email over the next few days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard