Originally Posted by Jordaker
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
The little intro dialogues for Lae'zel and Durge in particular are downright Shakespearean.
I'd love to see examples of what you mean here.

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
BG3 is disappointing, but it has its moments. They simply never come together like other games do. I would argue that even "bad" RPGs all have their moments. They're just always that, moments.
Something of a Curate's Egg then?

This is a collection of all the character selection intros. Lae'zel and Durge's are my favorites, but I think they're all pretty good in that they all reflect who the character is. Gale talking like he's giving an academic lecture is an example.

I think that while I don't enjoy BG3, it's on the whole an okay game. I think there's actually quite a number of good things in it. I would say that in isolation, act 2 is actually quite well-written overall. It's probably the largest stretch of good story writing in the game, but even it is plaguedby weird choices and issues like Kethric's never-referenced extended family. BG3 is not a bad game. It's just a sloppy game created by developers who overally just seem very flakey and flighty.