Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Whenever I try to play online multiplayer with my friend and he joins my game, instead of the game creating a Traveler's Chest for him, it gives him my Traveler's Chest instead.
For the duration that he is in my game, it will not let me open the chest, saying that it belongs to another player.
My friend can open it though, and inside of it will be all the items I've put in there when he wasn't logged on.
No other chest will be at camp.
If I right click on an item and tell it to send to camp, nothing will happen; the item just stays in my inventory.
The moment he leaves the game, the chest become mine a again and everything works normally with it.
Even if I load the save file of an entirely different campaign and he joins and creates a character, the moment he enters, I lose my Traveler's Chest there too.

Has anyone else seen this bug? Every time I try to find help for it, I just find people with too many Traveler's Chests.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I've got the exact same issue. I know it's happening if all the items that are supposed to be in the host's Traveler's Chest are on the ground at the very start of the game in the Nautilus ship during the Tutorial.

We've tried several games by switching host, and the issue happens every single time for us. Haven't found a solution or a possible cause.

If anyone knows how to fix this issue, I'd love to hear it :')

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by moumix
I know it's happening if all the items that are supposed to be in the host's Traveler's Chest are on the ground at the very start of the game in the Nautilus ship during the Tutorial.
Yes, that's exactly what first indicated to me that something wasn't right. What I think is interesting is that it only happens when I play with a specific friend. If any of my other friends join my game, it's absolutely fine.

veteran
veteran
its by design
yes its a dum design like moving everything to the Tav when ever a party member is kicked but that is how the code works

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Finally someone getting the same problem. I thought I was going crazy. I get the same problem every time but it only happens with one person. If we try and save and reload it gives me control of their character and they take control of mine. And when they join all companions switch to be grouped with them. To me it almost seems like it gets confused on who is hosting or who is who. I had a different friend join and use the problem friends character and I can then access the chest. Have tried verifying and reinstalling on both rigs and nothing seems to fix it.

M
stranger
stranger
M
For both others having this issue, is the person joining on the same network as you? For me the issues crops up with my partner, playing from the same IP as we're in the same house... Just want to examine that possible avenue?

J
stranger
stranger
J
Ya we are playing on the same network we sit right next to each other. One thing I tried was having my partner use GeForce now thinking maybe it was because she was on Mac and I was on windows and I would assume that would be using a different IP but I’m not sure. Nothing I’ve tried has resolved the issue I’m going to try starting a new game with a different friend. I’ll try hosting on my and my partners computer and then have my friend host and join with both and see if I can find a common factor.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!!
So the issue was the computer that my partner was playing on used to have my steam account logged into it. Steam seemed to be confused on who was playing and some of my older saves were on the other computer. so what I did was go through the Larian launcher and open the player profile folder and deleted it. then I turned off the cloud saving and after that it worked. we started a new game and none of the previous issues have yet to occur. Ill keep checking back here for the next couple of days to answer any questions if I can.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Jimbobaggins816
I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!!
So the issue was the computer that my partner was playing on used to have my steam account logged into it. Steam seemed to be confused on who was playing and some of my older saves were on the other computer. so what I did was go through the Larian launcher and open the player profile folder and deleted it. then I turned off the cloud saving and after that it worked. we started a new game and none of the previous issues have yet to occur. Ill keep checking back here for the next couple of days to answer any questions if I can.

I had also previously signed in on my friend's computer to play via steam and was wondering if that might be related. We tried deleting some files, but maybe we weren't exhaustive enough.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Could you list the exact files/folders you deleted? I tried deleting everything I could find, several times, to no avail so far unfortunately frown

J
stranger
stranger
J
so on both of my computers I deleted the player profile folders. I made a copy just incase because this does house your save data easy way for that is in the Larian launcher just hit the setting button at the bottom left and then scroll down and you should see a button that says player profile. When you hit that it should be showing you where your Player Profile folder is just delete it and then when you launch the game it will build you a new one. Then I the computer that my partner uses I made sure to turn off the cloud sync for the save file. Just to be clear the player profile Folder is the only thing I deleted

M
stranger
stranger
M
Ok it worked this time. I thought I had done it, but I probably didn't turn off cloud sync and it seems like it's mandatory to solve it. As soon as cloud sync is back, the issues cropped up again smirk

Thanks! smile

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Yeah, came back here to post that I did the same thing and it worked: moved all the app data stuff, launched the game, then copied only the save files back in. It also seemed to fix the issue of the game freezing at 80% whenever we reloaded a save mid-session

Last edited by anthraxmilkshake; 30/09/23 08:19 PM.
K
stranger
stranger
K
I created an account just to say THANK YOU for this fix! This resolved the issue I was having where it was getting stuck at 80% on the loading screen for multiplayer.

S
stranger
stranger
S
could you tell me what did you delete we can't figure out

stranger
stranger
Both me and my partner have this bug and it's driving us mad. We both tried what was suggested in this thread, backing up our saves and deleting the playeprofile folder, and then running the game and allowing it to make a new playerprofile folder.

Still we have multiple chests, 4 of them in total, and I, as the second player, no longer have access to my original chest. It's really frustrating seeing how old this bug is when I search for solutions all over the forums and reddit but nothing helps us. I've sent a bug report to Larian and am hoping for the best.

It's also locked me as the 2nd character, out of grouping with the companion I was originally grouped with.

Last edited by Denathrius; 16/05/24 11:35 AM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by anthraxmilkshake
Yeah, came back here to post that I did the same thing and it worked: moved all the app data stuff, launched the game, then copied only the save files back in. It also seemed to fix the issue of the game freezing at 80% whenever we reloaded a save mid-session

What do you mean by "All the app data stuff"? Because all AppData is connected to your whole computer, not just your BG3 folder. Can you clarify what exactly it is you moved/deleted?

Last edited by Denathrius; 16/05/24 11:55 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard