Originally Posted by Buba68
Originally Posted by Ranxerox
Aradin aside I have always found it odd that a refugee is in charge of the gate.
Indeed, the druids outsourced security to the refugees. Shows what a great manager Halsin was ...
But don't think about this too much.
Just like e.g. Star Wars the plot falls apart the closer you look at it smile

I don't think it's that wild honestly. They were mainly there to keep watch, since the grove was hidden. I imagine that when it was set up the ideawas that the tieflings would keep watch and alert the druids if the goblin scouts started getting uncomfortably close, not that there would be a full scale clash at the gates because someone led the goblins back to them directly. If you consider from that angle, then it's pretty reasonable to let a group who's a mix of civillians and a handful of people with greater experience (and who all survived for a time in Hell, don't forget that) take the effort of guard duty off your hands in exchange for letting them stay for a while. I think the strange thing is why none of the druids came to deal with the attack. I would think that in this situation, a runner would be sent to alert them.