Next Thread
Print Thread
#911430 10/10/23 04:21 PM
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I finally came to the part where Halsin is kept prisoner but late enough to find him dead.. and there's no way to revive him whatsoever. This is quite frustrating, especially when you realize it's a full story and quest that will go missing througout your whole playthrough... I can understand Larian decided so in order to create different and believable stories but this would leave players unwlling to get over one important character to start over the whole game, after more than 40h ?! I don't get it, why didn't the studio leave the opportunity to get him back through another quest instead of quitting his story so sharply leaving players with such disappointment ?

old hand
old hand
Oh man, you should probably go back to an earlier save or something.

veteran
veteran
That must be a bug. I take so much time to go down to that prison - make sure, the owlbear cub comes to my camp, free Volo, talk to Abdirak, jam with some gobbos in the courtyard (there are some musicians among them and it sounds great).
I longrest as often as I like.
Did you leave the goblin camp area and came back? I would just load an earlier save as Ecc2ca said, I don't think, you have to go all the way bac kand start new

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
F
addict
addict
F
Halsin's fate isn't so important to the overall game. Sure, he has connection to Act2 but secondary at most.

I'm guessing you went into the warg pens far enough to trigger the event, but left. That way the default outcome played out.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by FreeTheSlaves
Halsin's fate isn't so important to the overall game. Sure, he has connection to Act2 but secondary at most.

I'm guessing you went into the warg pens far enough to trigger the event, but left. That way the default outcome played out.
Question but why couldn't Jaheira break the spoiler in Act 2, she's also a druid that's long lived like Halsin and she's literally right there.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Peyote42
I finally came to the part where Halsin is kept prisoner but late enough to find him dead.. and there's no way to revive him whatsoever. This is quite frustrating, especially when you realize it's a full story and quest that will go missing througout your whole playthrough... I can understand Larian decided so in order to create different and believable stories but this would leave players unwlling to get over one important character to start over the whole game, after more than 40h ?! I don't get it, why didn't the studio leave the opportunity to get him back through another quest instead of quitting his story so sharply leaving players with such disappointment ?

If you go into the shadow cursed lands, or the Mountain pass before rescuing Halsin then he dies.

If you go into his prison area and then leave it can also end in his death.

Without Halsin you cannot
heal the shadow curse.

Blackheifer
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I did go to the shadow cursed land but got away at once, so that's the bland reason.. really ?! How on hell can i now get back to my save before entering that area ?! That's quite frustrating, there's no way to undo such an important change in the game, i'll never get it..

veteran
veteran
I did go to the shadow cursed land but got away at once, so that's the bland reason.. really ?! How on hell can i now get back to my save before entering that area ?! That's quite frustrating, there's no way to undo such an important change in the game, i'll never get it..

I'm afraid you autocompleted a lot of stuff by moving on. The games gives a clear warning though.

Last edited by fylimar; 11/10/23 08:28 PM.

Doctor Who
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Blackheifer

If you go into the shadow cursed lands, or the Mountain pass before rescuing Halsin then he dies.

If you go into his prison area and then leave it can also end in his death.

Without Halsin you cannot
heal the shadow curse.
Like I said above
Jaheira could've also cured the Shadow Curse but doesn't for some reason, she's a half-elf druid, she has the skills and experience to do it too

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
If only he is gone, you can just leave him for dead, finish the game, then save him in the next playthrough and see what changes with him around. That way you'll get to experience both versions.

Depending on what you did and didn't do before moving into the Shadow-Cursed Lands (and the game does warn you that quests will be irreversibly progressed if you do), I'd be more worried that you lost a lot more relevant NPCs than just Halsin. And a bunch of important and interesting cutscenes and dialogue with companions that you might not want to miss out on in your first playthrough because it adds a lot of character development.

veteran
veteran
The more I've gotten to know Halsin, the more I consider this not necessarily a bad thing.

V
stranger
stranger
V

Well the game does warn you that if you leave the area that you will miss out on quests. Not sure what more you want the game to do.

Maybe you accidentally clicked through the warning without seeing it?

JandK #912660 11/10/23 08:31 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JandK
The more I've gotten to know Halsin, the more I consider this not necessarily a bad thing.
While I agree here ( and was actually about to congratulate op), the problem is, that op left for the act 2 area and therefore auto completed a lot of stuff and probably have lost more NPCs.

Doctor Who
addict
addict
Hehe.

My immediate reaction to the thread title was "Yay ! Party !" shadowheartgiggle

T
addict
addict
T
Yu can use Speak with dead in him to continue the Quest..
its actually better avoiding him entirelly in the game he is not a good companion trust me..yu really want a Druid for your Party Wait until end of ACT 2 yu will get a Legend.
i Really wish they add a Way to Refuse him in my Camp and to Refuse him at the act 2 if yu do his quest.. i hate him so much that i dont want even to speak with him in the game..huahauhauha
Till this day after 7 games i never maneged a way to Only Save the Thieflings i actually dont like the Grove and dont think they deserve to be saved RS
i always when i play good i help then becouse of the Thieflings not becouse of the Druids.. they dont deserve my help.
i would enjoy so much saving the thieflings then went back there and Slay all of them lol
like i always do in the Zentarian hidout..
get in do all quest, then slay then all for the xp huahauhauha

Last edited by Thorvic; 17/10/23 09:57 PM.
R
journeyman
journeyman
R
There's really only a select few druids that I like or want to save, the rest could burn for all I care.
I do like the Teiflings though, Xeph deserves justice/companionship.

Last edited by Ravenna_Ravager; 17/10/23 10:05 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard