Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hello,

I'm new to the game.
Only did act 1 so far in tactician but started again in honor because i didn't like the damage mechanics that gave too much advantage and weren't clear to understand sometimes (and i like to understand everything in the fighting log).

Now, i started a berserker and i'm confused, it seems that enraged throwing applies 2 twices my str bonus (and 3 with tavern brawling) when i use a throwing weapon.
Is it supposed to work like that or is it a bug (i'm on PS5) ? According to wiki, i was excepting to get one time the str bonus (and 2 with tavern), which is already better than normal throwing because of bonus action cost vs action cost.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Enraged Throw is a Berserker Barbarian Bonus Action. This ability allows the Berserker to make a ranged attack using nearby items or creatures.

Description

Pick up an item or creature and throw it at a target, dealing additional damage and knocking it  Prone.

Your Strength affects the additional damage and how much weight you can throw. Heavier items deal more damage.

The damage of weapons with the thrown property is the same as the weapon's melee damage.

You also deal additional damage based on your Strength.

So x2 str = correct???

STILL WAITING FOR NEW COMPANION AND CUSTOM PARTY WITHOUT MULTIPLAYER.
BECAUSE WHY FUCKING NOT???
B
old hand
old hand
B
Tavern Brawler - When you make an unarmed attack, use an improvised weapon, or throw something, your strength modifier is added twice to the damage and Attack roll.
So yes, STR bonus x3 seems legit.
As I don't use Barbarians I'm not 100% sure, though.
But I do remember seeing "Tavern Braweler is OP/broken" threads or posts.

Last edited by Buba68; 23/05/24 10:54 AM.
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
- Tavern seems to work correctly, it adds only one time the bonus str (and i can see in the log the str bonus with (tavern).
- It is enraged throwing which on itself adds 2 times the str bonus. However, i noted that if i enrage throw with a non throwable weapon, the str bonus is only applied once (or 2 with tavern) and if i normal throw with non throwable weap, there is no str bonus at all...

Link Copied to Clipboard