Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26
Originally Posted by Zayir
You mention the new Ending. Astarion and Tav are shown as a happy couple. Both are smiling. Astarion is always saying "us". The epilogue says: "You AND Astarion were hosting a grand masquerade in the refurbished ballroom of Cazador's palace (...) Astarion pouted, when you read the invitation to him. He gladly accompany you, but he would have been happy to host the party himself." The only one, he might think low of in the Epilogue, are the others: "And? How have our dear friends been without US to guide and protect them?" Tav: "Oh they're completely falling apart." Astarion: "Yes, well, that's to be expected. They were never anything without US (..) Still it is good to see them. And good for them to see US, side by side, flourishing. WE do turn every head the moment WE walk into a room. And rightly so. I may have power, but it would be nothing without you. You complete me". Tav: "It is wonderful, I am glad to get share this with you." Astarion: "And I am blessed to share it with you, my love."
Thank you for sharing this. The mismatch between the new kissing animation and this is even more striking than the mismatch with the other parts of the story.

Originally Posted by Zayir
I know you don't mean any harm. But there are many people who haven't played the romance and think (or say carlessly) that just because he's evil and cruel, he's also evil and cruel to his partner. And that's just not the case.
Without romancing him, he isn’t evil and cruel before Ascension (if you treat him well). But there’s a foreshadowed break when he ascends. To me it looks like he loses part of himself. That’s why I asked him not to ascend in my second playthrough, and he’s much more friendly.

And thinking back on the discussion in here, it is striking how much of an impact writing can have on people’s lives. How much of a difference a few lines of dialogue can make when millions of people hear them *and relate to them*.

And all that in an incremental process, so while there surely is an editing step, it can’t be a full story review. So I think they are trying their best and sometimes make mistakes.

Originally Posted by Anska
new companion comments for Astarion's portion of the dock scene have been datamined, they just have not been made accessible. They are much nicer than the current ones
That’s great to know! Thank you!

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Hi all, could I ask that we try to avoid covering ground here that has already been covered repeatedly in separate Astarion threads? Probably best to keep this thread for more general chat about BG3 romance/sex and post elsewhere if you want to deep dive into specific characters.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
addict
addict
@ArneBab, thank you for your reply, I don't have a chance to reply in detail, but I read your posts, you made very valid points about the scenes, thank you!

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard