Originally Posted by Seho
What you post only reinforces our opinion. Larian can't twist the intended stories because of "certain people" to preserve the strange sensibilities of "certain people".

Larian has already written the lion's share of romance in the game to please “certain people”. Fanfic fans, “pain researchers"... In the thread about the sexualization of the game Flooter did a good analysis of this lecture, highlighting all the points that clearly show which “certain people” the characters' stories were distorted to please. Halsin in EA wasn't originally intended to be “lust bait”, it could have been a much more likable and interesting character. He was twisted.

I don't know what audience you represent, and whose opinion validates what was posted, but the feelings of players who want a deep monogamous relationship with their favorite character are definitely not “ strange”. Personally I completely understand Shadowheart fans who don't like this situation with her and Halsin, I too would be extremely uncomfortable with something like this in a romantic relationship in my game. Players who are fans of classic RPGs, not fanfics I believe, are exactly the main audience for RPG games. And to find myself in a world where I'm afraid to just buy a game if there's a possibility of a romantic relationship in it, because at any moment I could be faced in that game with sudden infidelity, “toxic relationships”, “disappearing spark” and other joys of the “new word in video game romance” (although not that new, some games have done something like this before and players hated it) I wouldn't really want to be honest.

Last edited by Marielle; 03/06/24 11:55 AM.