Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26
Originally Posted by Sini
(Photobomb Sceleritas smile )
hahaha

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by KiraMira
I just finished my Durge playthrough romancing AA and I don't think I have ever seen Astarion as happy as he did in the ending cutscenes. *clap* I freaking loved it. *clap*

Yes, it's such a beautiful ending! I love that moment when they're lying on the bed together...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This kind of ending is worth celebrating! astarionhappy

When does the scene with Shadowheart & Lae'zel come? Before or after you were in the goblin camp and the astral prism reacted for the first time?

I had this scene already after Grymforge, and after defeating the goblins, I probably rarely rested. I waited for owlbear to come and rested a few times in a row, on the first of those rests this fight happened between them. The funny thing is that I already had the prism at that point and not Shadowheart, Lae'zel attacked the wrong one. And Shadowheart was screaming that she wouldn't give up a prism she didn't have anymore. smile

I will only have Astarion, Minthara and Shadowheart in my current group. Shadowheart is to become a dark justiciar. I then killed the rest of the companions. As I mentioned, I'm currently looking for the most possible evil way through the game, without losing too much story and without killing everyone. Basically training for Patch 7 and testing out a few things.:) I hate raiding the grove, but just knocking out Minthara is too easy. So I let her attack the grove, betray her and as a Drow sister, I knock her out after the fight. Killing defenseless Tieflings isn't bad enough for my Durge.

Interesting unusual variant of Minthara's joining!

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
Originally Posted by Marielle
Yes, it's such a beautiful ending! I love that moment when they're lying on the bed together...
This kind of ending is worth celebrating! astarionhappy

Yes! I was so happy.
And the scene that almost made me bawl: *careful, spoiler*

[Linked Image from s10.gifyu.com]

That one scene says more than 1000 words to me. :')

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Celesti4
That one scene says more than 1000 words to me. :')

Yes... Thank you for the beautiful shot.

This is true love and trust. Together, hand in hand, until the world falls down.

And I also absolutely adore the batstarion! <3

I had this scene already after Grymforge, and after defeating the goblins, I probably rarely rested. I waited for owlbear to come and rested a few times in a row, on the first of those rests this fight happened between them. The funny thing is that I already had the prism at that point and not Shadowheart, Lae'zel attacked the wrong one. And Shadowheart was screaming that she wouldn't give up a prism she didn't have anymore. smile

Thank you, I found it in one of my old saves on the first night after the scene with the Astral Prism. I have a plan in Act 1 to have long rests so that no story builds up and gets lost. As a Dark Urge I need 2 more nights for the story and therefore I already have 3 long rests for the story before I get to the grove. For me everything always happens shortly after I trigger scenes. smile

I will only have Astarion, Minthara and Shadowheart in my current group. Shadowheart is to become a dark justiciar. I then killed the rest of the companions. As I mentioned, I'm currently looking for the most possible evil way through the game, without losing too much story and without killing everyone. Basically training for Patch 7 and testing out a few things.:) I hate raiding the grove, but just knocking out Minthara is too easy. So I let her attack the grove, betray her and as a Drow sister, I knock her out after the fight. Killing defenseless Tieflings isn't bad enough for my Durge.

Interesting unusual variant of Minthara's joining!

For me it works very well and is more in line with my ideas than killing defenseless Tieflings.

If anyone wants to test it like this:

1) Free Halsin in the goblin camp and get the quest from him to kill the leaders.

2) Talk to Dror Ragzlin, he will send you to Minthara

3) Talk to Minthara and agree to help her raid the grove.

4) Send Minthara from the goblin camp to the grove

5) Kill Dror Ragzlin and Priestess Gutt

6) Go to the grove and take a long rest

7) Talk to Zevlor at the gate

8) Betray Minthara and don't open the gate

9) Kill all goblins that attack.

10) When only Minthara is left alive, switch to non-lethal damage and knock her out (To get to her hill quickly, use Featherfall and Potion of Glorious Vaulting. But be careful, if Featherfall is buffed, the Tieflings will also jump down and possibly shoot at her. ) If she is knocked out, the fight ends and she will no longer be attacked by the Tieflings.

11) Quest finished, party can start. smile

Last edited by Sini; 20/06/24 01:59 AM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
And I also absolutely adore the batstarion! <3

This is too adorable! And we know there's only one person in the world who will get his bat-cuddles. smile

For me it works very well and is more in line with my ideas than killing defenseless Tieflings.

1) Free Halsin in the goblin camp and get the quest from him to kill the leaders.

10) When only Minthara is left alive, switch to non-lethal damage and knock her out (To get to her hill quickly, use Featherfall and Potion of Glorious Vaulting. But be careful, if Featherfall is buffed, the Tieflings will also jump down and possibly shoot at her. ) If she is knocked out, the fight ends and she will no longer be attacked by the Tieflings.

Thank you Sini for the detailed instruction! I definitely want to try this during my next playthrough. I didn't even know this was an option before you mentioned it. <3

addict
OP Offline
addict
Thank you, I found it in one of my old saves on the first night after the scene with the Astral Prism. I have a plan in Act 1 to have long rests so that no story builds up and gets lost. As a Dark Urge I need 2 more nights for the story and therefore I already have 3 long rests for the story before I get to the grove. For me everything always happens shortly after I trigger scenes. smile

Yeah, thanks, that means Dark Urge needs more rests. The first time I was afraid of delaying and economized rests, now I won't do that so I don't miss anything. Generally, rests are important, in Act 3, for example, when I saw the mark of Cazador on the map (my hands even shook in reality from it), then under the influence of blind rage we immediately rushed there, and the spawns that must come and try to kidnap Astarion did not come in time! I missed an important scene (they need three rests in the tavern, then they'll get there) and didn't hear Astarion line that "No one cared for me the way you did". Terribly slow spawns. smile

Awesome, thanks for the instructions, I'll try it out in the new walkthrough! I'm so sorry I missed out on Minthara in the previous walkthrough, the knockout method didn't work back then and I didn't know what she was like and made the wrong choice. I want to go through with Astarion and Minthara too, only I'll change Shadowheart to Lae'zel, I like her better because of her fighting nature.

There is also a way to steal the idol of Silvanus - in this case you also don't have to kill the Tieflings, only the Druids. The druids have to accuse the Tieflings and attack them, and you can side with the Tieflings.

Originally Posted by Celesti4
This is too adorable! And we know there's only one person in the world who will get his bat-cuddles. smile

Yes. smile Just imagine a cute batstarion with a soft coat in your hands! <3

addict
addict
Since this thread contains discussions about the bride theory, I wanted to share a very nicely edited video I've seen that relates to this very topic:

Originally Posted by Ametris
Since this thread contains discussions about the bride theory, I wanted to share a very nicely edited video I've seen that relates to this very topic:

This video is amazingly laid out and I'm a huge fan! It lines up really well with the lore.

Please, just a friendly reminder, if you're someone who gets upset by the idea of AA, please just remember the person who made this is a human being. Please don't go and harass them.

Love that bride theory video! It sums up the AA romance perfectly. Exactly my experience with the romance as well. Makes me want to fire up the game for another playthrough, I really love all those lines of his.
Very well made *clap* *clap* *clap*

addict
OP Offline
addict
Thank you! The video is great, all of Astarion's lines and plot points that point to the bride theory are put together and explained from a lore perspective. It's also just beautiful and really captures Astarion's romance wonderfully! I loved the moment in the ending of the video when Astarion gives Tav his hand in the epilogue, just like he did after their first confession in Act 2, I too drew a parallel between the two of these scenes during my playthrough.

*sigh* This is so beautiful. I think I'm one of the few who has never seen AA in the epilogue, because I start the game and suddenly I'm the Absolute . grin Especially from that perspective, I'm sure that AA never wants to control you. He simply loves you and what could be more obvious than that you follow him into eternity as his bride.
In the evil ending, he gives me a brief nod of respect and they signal to each other that they have reached their goal with a short smile.

In my next run, I'll reject Bhaal and then I'll take over the world "In my name"... hope that with patch 7 they change it to "In our name", when you unleashed the end of the world with Astarion or Minthy. I hope that as a recurring villain I also get a romantic epilogue there. smile *dream on of a burning world, dancing under a bloodmoon*

Last edited by Sini; 24/06/24 10:17 PM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
addict
OP Offline
addict
"In Our Name" - I like it much better, it would be great if they made a romantic epilogue for the evil couple in the new evil endings. And to have a sense of unity between the couple.

Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard