Page 1 of 2 1 2
#944114 19/06/24 09:15 PM
T
Tessa Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Darkurge Gortash bad ending romance? We NEED this <3 thoughts?

Tessa #944412 27/06/24 12:54 AM
addict
addict
No

Tessa #944428 27/06/24 03:29 PM
I would be for it, I like the guy better than our companions.

Ranxerox #944429 27/06/24 03:31 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ranxerox
No
This, so much. My Durge has standards

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Tessa #944430 27/06/24 03:48 PM
B
old hand
old hand
B
Nope. His unshaved, dishabile appeareance makes me expect him to be a slob reeking of an unwashed body. Very not-LE, IMO.

Tessa #944431 27/06/24 04:12 PM
Depending on how they made it, I would be interested. It could make for a very cool romance if done correctly.

Tessa #944432 27/06/24 04:24 PM
old hand
old hand
He would sell his dearest darling to a devil at the first opportunity, if he could gain something from it.

Tessa #944435 27/06/24 07:37 PM
I thought he had potential. Very curious to know if they'll do anything more with him in Patch 7.

Tessa #944455 28/06/24 07:07 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tessa

My thoughts? I was thinking about, how you'd define a "bad ending romance" with Gortash? I mean, is it a bad ending for Gortash? Is it a bad ending for Darkurge? Or is it a bad ending for Baldur's Gate? What would you like to see, what is a bad ending in romance? I am curious.

Gortash is - in my opinion - not a handsome man, not even average in his appearance. But I love all the villians Jason Isaacs are playing as an actor, his acting is delicious, so understandable, that Gortash could be interesting, but only with a mod changing his appearance, even if characteristics can make up for a lot (like in "outlander"), but Gortash's appearance is too hideously ugly.

I agree, that he would have potential, (complex) or/and more or less handsome villians in fiction attract people and that for centuries. It's a pity Larian didn't think about that enough or maybe didn't like romanceable villains, there is only Minthara and Astarion to romance (with a good evil ending). Minthara, well, is not finished. Astarion (villain-alike, sarcastic, narcissistic, murderous) and Ascended Astarion were quite good, but some inconsistent things going on there, so new players wouldn't go his villain-alike path right now.
There are quite a lot of people who are really not interested in romancing an unexcited, nice and boring partner. But Larian should have decided on such options (a romance with Gortash) before the release (and honestly, why did Larian not know about people wanting to romance Jason Isaacs? It should have been known, when they engaged him, for what he is so popular. That's unbelieveable, haha), subsequent changes are always very dangerous. Since they won't change much about the content in BG3 anymore, maybe they'll consider a romance with a handsome villain or antagonist in their future games (passionate, exciting, violent cat and mouse games with enemies to lovers, not unnecessary, toxic break-up scenes)

"I would, thank God, watch the universe perish without shedding a tear."
Zayir #944458 28/06/24 09:09 AM
I don't think he's ugly, he doesn't look bad and seems interesting, unfortunately we don't have much of him (yet).

Tessa #944459 28/06/24 09:36 AM
T
T
Doesn't appeal to me, but there are plenty of romance-able characters that aren't generally considered attractive. As long as it's either player-initiated or you can tell him to F- off, like you can't when Mizora starts coming on to you.

Seho #944460 28/06/24 09:44 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Seho
I don't think he's ugly, he doesn't look bad and seems interesting, unfortunately we don't have much of him (yet).

O yes, beauty - or ugliness - is in the eye of the beholder, so that's why I wrote "in my opinion". I agree with you, he is interesting (and so is Jason Isaacs for me). And to be honest, I would have loved to see a more handsome Gortash with a great, complex story befitting a "veteran British star", with or without a romance or just a little eroticism in the air. I can understand if people find that character interesting and want to explore more.

Originally Posted by Trantion
Doesn't appeal to me, but there are plenty of romance-able characters that aren't generally considered attractive. As long as it's either player-initiated or you can tell him to F- off, like you can't when Mizora starts coming on to you.

Yes, in any case, should be optional, not forced in any way to players who are not interested, or being able to say, what you wrote.

"I would, thank God, watch the universe perish without shedding a tear."
Zayir #944463 28/06/24 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Celesti4
I thought he had potential. Very curious to know if they'll do anything more with him in Patch 7.

Me too! I feel like they might do something with Gortash and Durge in Patch 7, I would be very intrigued to see if that is the case or nah.

Originally Posted by Zayir
Originally Posted by Tessa

What would you like to see, what is a bad ending in romance? I am curious.

I'm also a little curious. I assumed OP means evil romance ending, but maybe they mean something else?

If the romance story is interesting enough I can get past his looks. He is not that bad, but I get some of the critics. A well made (and acted) character is very much preferred over a exceedingly handsome one, imo. Calling him unwashed is a bit harsh, I imagine him more smelling like a expensive spicy cologne.

Tessa #944469 28/06/24 04:34 PM
T
addict
Online Content
addict
T
Personally, I still can't get over the fact that Gortash isn't an Orc.

Like, the name Gortash just sounds... Orc-y. When I first heard his name when reading that book about arms deals outside the Zhent base, I figured he was an Orc.

But no... He's just a random human dude...

Taril #944470 28/06/24 04:42 PM
old hand
old hand
I think his real name should be Flymm, as that's what his parents are called. So his name would be Enver Flymm. And that means Gortash would be a kind of nick-name.

Tessa #944472 28/06/24 06:15 PM
I got the assumption that the evil cinematic from Patch 7 is Gortash free simply because he's not a companion, very curios to see if Minthara is included though, so I kindly disagree on the whole Gortash idea of bim being romance option feels it would devalue his purpose in the game.

ldo58 #944475 28/06/24 07:33 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58
I think his real name should be Flymm, as that's what his parents are called. So his name would be Enver Flymm. And that means Gortash would be a kind of nick-name.

I think he changed his name, after he came back from the hells. There was a letter or so somewhere.

Doctor Who
KiraMira #944484 29/06/24 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by KiraMira
If the romance story is interesting enough I can get past his looks. He is not that bad, but I get some of the critics. A well made (and acted) character is very much preferred over a exceedingly handsome one, imo. Calling him unwashed is a bit harsh, I imagine him more smelling like a expensive spicy cologne.
I would have liked to see him fleshed out more and there's something appealing about him in an evil way - although I'd rather they add more to some of the existing romance options if I had to choose. I think the spicy cologne would fit him.:) I thought he looks a bit like he smells of cigars.

More flirtatious (optional) lines from him would have been fun for those who want to take it there.

Tessa #944496 29/06/24 11:57 PM
old hand
old hand
Welll, when you kill Gortash and you have Karlach in your crew.... The cutscene that follows would burn any hope that something good could come from a relationship with that piece of trash.

ldo58 #944500 30/06/24 06:58 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ldo58
Welll, when you kill Gortash and you have Karlach in your crew.... The cutscene that follows would burn any hope that something good could come from a relationship with that piece of trash.

Plus that scene is so good, why would I want to leave that scumbag alive? Everything for our best girl.

Doctor Who
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard