Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Let's move on here. Here is no direct topic, I just know too well how quickly one thought can jump to another and the topic then gets completely out of control smile Celesti and I have had very stimulating conversations so far, which may then escalate a little, but only a little. cool Of course, every other consort is also invited to let their thoughts run wild.

So sweethearts, let's chat away. Let's have some fun.

Celesti and I recently had a very light & funny conversation about the relationship between Ascended Astarion and Sceleritas Fel. Sceleritas Fel reacts very jealously of Astarion and what everyday life might be like.

Of course Sceleritas would want to kill Astarion, but he knows that by doing so he will unleash the Durge's wrath... but anything else... why not? Sceleritas will of course make Astarion's life as uncomfortable as possible and Astarion will not miss any situation to get rid of Sceleritas. Not without finding pleasure in it. For example, he will kick him off the cliff. "Sorry darling, who did I see? Sceleritas? Your servant? No, I didn't see him."

It could have happened something like this:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Our last idea was that Sceleritas could possibly be buried in the garden by Astarion.

"Darling, I planted you a new blood-red rose bush."
"I love it, thank you my dear *kiss* ... but have you seen Sceleritas? I call for him but he just doesn't come."
"Don't worry darling, he's probarly buried in his work. He's definitely nearby ... I'm really sure of it.

And of course the emergency when a fingernail breaks. grin

Last edited by Sini; 20/06/24 03:32 PM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, Celesti... just for you ... the next Part of the series "Astarion & his Consort at home" smile

You sit on a bench with Astarion at night, watching the stars, next to you the new rose bush.
You made yourself comfortable on his lap and snuggled up to him. Astarion first casually looks at his nails, then naturally takes your hand and looks at your nails the same way he looked at his own.

"Darling, do you hear that too? It sounds like someone is digging in the ground nearby."

"It's definitely just a rat, my sweet."

Last edited by Sini; 20/06/24 03:32 PM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
veteran
veteran
But ... but ... there are at least 4 or 5 Astarion threads already. Do you really need to open another one? There was a time , when mods merged threads, when they doubled and now they are quadrupled.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
There are actually only threads about the kisses and Patch 6. That would be off topic and would hijack them. What should we do if we want to talk about topics other than those in the topic? What should I do to make you feel better? All I can say is don't click on these topics. If it's supposed to be put together, then that's just how it is, even if it turns every topic into an all-round topic into which everything is posted.

@fylimar, Sini opened this thread so that we won't be getting off topic on other threads. I saw that you were bothered by us talking too much about Ast in the other one. I agree threads should try to stay on topic but I see nothing wrong with Sini creating a new one here. Feel free to ignore it - I do the same with threads I don't care about.

And btw, the Funniest Things thread was only revived in the first place because Sini shared her funny videos. wink

Originally Posted by Sini
Ok, Celesti... just for you ... the next Part of the series "Astarion & his Consort at home" smile

You sit on a bench with Astarion at night, watching the stars, next to you the new rose bush.
You made yourself comfortable on his lap and snuggled up to him. Astarion first casually looks at his nails, then naturally takes your hand and looks at your nails the same way he looked at his own.

"Darling, do you hear that too? It sounds like someone is digging in the ground nearby."

hahaha I love this <3
I need to take a moment to think of a good one grin

You guys are way too cute.. biggrin

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
My brain is throwing out the wildest things again. smile I'll check later in the game if it's possible and if I have a save there.

Hold on darling. smile

veteran
veteran
Another Astarion discussion thread

It's right below this one and you all are discussing there ...

I leave it to the mods to decide, if this should be merged or not. This link is jus tto show you, that there is in fact a thread discussing Astarion in quite the detail. I participated there and I'm neither interested in AA nor those kiss animations.

Last edited by fylimar; 20/06/24 05:25 PM.

Doctor Who
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by fylimar

You already know that the thread has a completely different topic? I don't want to have fun there while others are talking about abuse. If offtopic doesn't bother you so much that you should write everything in one thread, then all you need is a thread called "Baldur's Gate 3" and everything can go in there.

Last edited by Sini; 20/06/24 05:30 PM.

veteran
veteran

You already know that the thread has a completely different topic? I don't want to have fun there while others are talking about abuse. If offtopic doesn't bother you so much that you should write everything in one thread, then all you need is a thread called "Baldur's Gate 3" and everything can go in there.

The last time, I wrote there, abuse wasn't the topic, that was in the other AA thread in Suggestion & Feedback. And on teh last page you three were talking about how to get a special scene in Grymforge - so, yes, I do read threads.
I don't care anymore - knoc kyourself out, open another 10 threads about AA, do, what you want. I just made an observation, that is all.

Last edited by fylimar; 20/06/24 05:42 PM.

Doctor Who
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline

The last time, I wrote there, abuse wasn't the topic, that was in the other AA thread in Suggestion & Feedback. And on teh last page you three were talking about how to get a special scene in Grymforge - so, yes, I do read threads.
I don't care anymore - knoc kyourself out, open another 10 threads about AA, do, what you want. I just made an observation, that is all.

If you had read it, then you would have known that Celesti and I were already offtopic there and we had left the thread and our conversation happened to continue in the Funny things thread. I would really appreciate it if you simply ignore threads that you find uninteresting. I hope we can just continue our fun conversation even if it doesn't suit your taste.

Have a nice day/night whatever.

addict
addict
Our last idea was that Sceleritas could possibly be buried in the garden by Astarion.

"Darling, I planted you a new blood-red rose bush."
"I love it, thank you my dear *kiss* ... but have you seen Sceleritas? I call for him but he just doesn't come."
"Don't worry darling, he's probarly buried in his work. He's definitely nearby ... I'm really sure of it.

And of course the emergency when a fingernail breaks. grin

Oh, this is just wonderful to read! Sini, Celesti, thanks for uplifting me! I'll have to check out the Funniest Things thread, I haven't even looked at it before. smile Because with all this stuff I'm starting to inadvertently forget that I once bought the game for the joy of it. Astarion looking at his nails is definitely his thing. He has very nice hands and graceful fingers. It'll be interesting to hear Sceleritas swear when he digs himself out, hehe!

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
I transformed Petras into Sceleritas... sorry Petras. smile

What did Sceleritas do to make Astarion so angry. Did he clean up Astarion's tent or his bed in the Elvensang tavern? ^^

When he asks "Will you come to my bed tonight?" A look into his tent should lead to a clear “NO”. Especially since he always complains about the ambience. At least a scented candle would significantly increase the ambience in his tent. grin

addict
addict
Not sure if this is off topic but I have to say Astarion is my favourite party member.

I’ve played the game multiple times and it wasn’t until I tried a play through without him that I realized just how much I like him.

In EA I couldn’t stand him (not a fan of vampires in any format and he seemed unpleasant) Upon release I included him often because a rogue is so damn useful. When I MC’d him with Gloomstalker Ranger he went again in my estimation because he is so damn lethal.

All that aside though what I have come to like best is his personality and story arc combined with the excellent VA.

I don’t romance Astarion as my character always goes for SH but Astarion always ends up as my best friend. My favourite character to play is Durge who rejects Bhall.
Astarion and my character end up with a lot in common and his dialogue is always sympathetic and supportive in a convincing way in regards to resisting the urge.

Today I completed a game where for the first time I slept with Haarlep and “gave” her my body. I thought it was pretty cool that Astarion had dialogue the next day when I remotely experienced Harleep “using my form”.

It’s just a game of course but the writers and VA did a great job bringing him alive in a believable way.

Now if they could just change the dock scene to something more dignified. What didn’t bother me in the past now annoys me …that’s my bud getting burned…not funny.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
What can I do for you, my friend. smile Nothing is wrong here and as his best friend you are nearly family. smile

I have also played through the game several times, always as Dark Urge and with Astarion as a romance, my personal story always varies. In my opinion, the Dark Urge who rejects Bhaal is the story highlight of the entire game, I love him. But rarely...sometimes...almost always :), at some point it escalates and suddenly I control the brain or have to commit suicide. smile

Astarion and the Dark Urge are very well written and their stories are intertwined. But Astarion is so deep and funny as a person, that he's just fun to play with and yes, he is such a powerfull Gloomstalker, it's my favorite choice for him. As Ascended 1d10 Necrotic Damage extra , it's a joy to watch him as he can kill almost anything on his own. I like it when he jumps halfway across the room, it's so vampire style. But well... he's also fantastic as a monk. I always give him the Dark Urge's cloak, it's almost unfair in the fight, but it suits him so well.

I tried another romance once, it doesn't work for 2 minutes and I'd better go to Astarion again. smile The game then feels empty to me. Shadowheart is my best friend, she can always survive with me if I kill my companions and betray them if I'm evil.

He offers so much space as a person that you can describe him and his peculiarities & quirks in a funny way and everyone who knows him will recognize it immediately. smile

Last edited by Sini; 21/06/24 02:11 AM.

I transformed Petras into Sceleritas... sorry Petras. smile

What did Sceleritas do to make Astarion so angry. Did he clean up Astarion's tent or his bed in the Elvensang tavern? ^^

When he asks "Will you come to my bed tonight?" A look into his tent should lead to a clear “NO”. Especially since he always complains about the ambience. At least a scented candle would significantly increase the ambience in his tent. grin

Omg, this was a brilliant idea. hahaha The scene with Petras getting grabbed by Astarion is a perfect moment for him and Sceleritas. Idk why I didn't ever think of that!! :p
Unfortunately for Ast, I think Sceleritas doesn't really mind being handled roughly like that, lol.
Ast: "Darling, let's spend the night in the forest tonight... I found a hideous vermin in my tent..."

This is true love: AA putting up with all of this BS for his darling. hahaha

I tried another romance once, it doesn't work for 2 minutes and I'd better go to Astarion again. smile The game then feels empty to me.

Same here. Lol... I really tried romancing Gale the first time, I made this big effort... but then Astarion unexpectedly stole the show for me, despite myself.^^; I was not expecting to end up loving his character so much. It took a while but he grew on me, and now he's absolutely my favorite. Even though I've done the romance already, it would feel sad and empty to romance a different person. Maybe because you do get so attached in a way. Plus, I ship him with my DUrge.^^ And I'll probably keep using her again in the next playthroughs.

Last edited by Celesti4; 21/06/24 05:12 AM.
Some random ideas:

-I was thinking Sceleritas would annoy AA by always reminding him of the only reason Bhaal is letting him live:
(for creating more heirs for Bhaal together with Dark Urge), and being pushy about it if it hasn't happened yet. hahaha Like a nagging mother-in-law who wants grandkids.
-Sceleritas scrubbing/waxing the floor conveniently there when he knows AA is about to wake up and walk out of the room, making Astarion fall prone. :p
-Hiding or smearing AA's hand mirrors or pouring blood over his vanity so he can't admire himself.
-Hanging up skeletons in random places where he knows it will jump-scare AA. xD
-Spraying AA's clothes with a sulfur scented perfume.
-Replacing AA's expensive wine with rat blood.

And Astarion always with this face when he's around:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
biggrin

P.S. Your Sceleritas photobomb idea (photobombing their portraits over the years) was the best. Still makes me laugh!! xD

J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J
Originally Posted by Ranxerox
Now if they could just change the dock scene to something more dignified. What didn’t bother me in the past now annoys me …that’s my bud getting burned…not funny.

They're going to change what the companions say when he starts burning so they're more sympathetic. Also the narrator will end the event on a more ...positive? note, saying he will "find comfort in the darkness". To me it's a band-aid fix and doesn't fix the real issue with the scene, that it's rushing through the event like nothing.

The new lines are almost OOC in how meta or therapist-speech-like they are. They feel so... awkward, staged. There needs to be a middle point. Gale has gone from being the worst offender (his original line was bonkers) to having IMO another bonkers line in the opposite direction.
"Gale: Astarion! Cured of one affliction, only to be reclaimed by another. The sun is no longer a friend to him, but we must be - he'll need more solace than shadows can provide."

Minthara also goes on a whole schpiel, when she's always criticised him for not ascending:

"Nightwarden Minthara: Astarion is cursed to flee the sun as I am cursed to walk in it. Do not belittle him with pity - he is a survivor, and will thrive upon what bounty the darkness provides. There is life in him yet."

A
old hand
old hand
A
Gale's is a little over the top but he is the character most invested in the whole party, and wants it to stay together. So while the wording is a bit much, the sentiment fits. Minthara's is hilarious though, because she so unapologetically roasts you during the dock scene and the epilogue when you stay a spawn as Astarion's Origin.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard