Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Marielle
Yes, Astarion Jr. would probably be best friends with Sceleritas, and Sceleritas would have to have an occasional game of hide and seek to lock himself in some coffin in the dungeon, and get a bit of a break from the noisy heir. Astarion-Lord now felt what a real family was, and perhaps even remembered something from his childhood, realizing the fact that the sugar little ears on the white little elf's head weren't made for him to use them to listen to daddy and mommy. Astarion and Dark Urge will have a lot of interesting and important things to do - to find out who let the ghouls loose on the guests during the reception, to play detective, looking for hidden and scattered all over the castle kompromat on the important people of the city (it's a very serious game that can't be delayed - the kompromat has been laboriously collected over the years), to come running to the cries of someone who opened the trophy chest, tried to juggle Orin's daggers, broke a fingernail and almost cut a finger. The fingernail regenerated in two minutes, but crying is too serious a matter to just stop without a decent ending to the performance. Well, and of course, the little guy always tries to blame everything on Sceleritas, who, after all, dreamed so much about an heir? smile

This is so heartwarming cute smile And Astarion then teaches the even tinier bat how to fly. smile Blaming others for everything is definitely something he gets from Astarion. For example,
if you don't know he's a vampire and he kills the monsterhunter, so you don't find out he's a vampire. If you ask him "Why you do this?", he'll say something like "Promise to look after me, so I don't have to poke around with a dagger."
So it's your fault. smile

Eden's Sin Collection? Do you do mods?

I'm trying because for patch 7 Eden wants to look scandalously good. smile As I said, I'm still having problems getting things into the game and since some of the guides are out of date, I don't know exactly where my mistake is. Did I do something wrong when importing/exporting the 3D model or during the programming part? I have to check everything very carefully. I'm currently looking for a simpler model to look for possible sources of error. I'm currently digging through 8 folders of textures to find the right maps. smile ... I just saw there are more than 8 smile

Last edited by Sini; 22/06/24 10:25 PM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
Originally Posted by Sini
Sceleritas has heard that Astarion has a "hideous vermin" in his tent. smile He then volunteered to clean up there...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
hahaha "A hideous vermin, you say? ..Where?"
(I think he's just hungry and wants it for himself.) wink

I imagine a charming little elf with soft curls and small fangs (a copy of Astarion), wearing a silk white shirt with a jabot and a fine, fashionable camisole that fits him like a young nobleman should. He sits at a mahogany desk, his pretty face holding an expression of extreme concentration, his eyebrows drawn together, his eyes squinted, and it is evident that he is trying hard. He holds a golden quill in his fingers and, in elegant calligraphy, writes the obscene words to the spells on the pages of his father's Necromancy of Thay, accompanied by appropriate illustrations.
This is such a cute scene to imagine! At first glance it looks like a normal young noble child, but look a little more closely, and you can see he's anything but ordinary. wink It's funny, I imagine him looking a lot like Astarion too. Maybe with a few unique traits here and there added, depending on what a player's Tav/Durge looks like.

I love the writing on Astarion's underwear. smile But now it looks like I'm going to have to get him a new one - the exact same one, so he won't immediately notice that it now says on his underwear that he's married, listing the most notable murders his wife has committed.
That's a genius idea. hahaha Astarion wonders what you're doing all day. You're always very busy... (secretly embroidering new pairs of underwear for him) :p

I joked with him at first (not in the game, but in my own words, I like to chat with my companions as I play), calling him Mr. Disapproval while Tav didn't know he was a vampire yet.
Yes, at some point while I was still in Act 1, I was going to buy some stickers that say "Astarion disapproves" on them, lol.
I agree with all of your points about him. I love that you can choose to take control of the brain, or reject it, and he's just as happy if you don't do it. He never mentions it again and he looks so excited and optimistic to go traveling the world with you. I love how I can make all the goody-2-shoes decisions and get the Epilogue ending, AND also have Vampire Lord Astarion there as my partner. hahaha Some of the companions at the party even ask about whether I will have kids with my partner. So it's not just him turning into an irredeemable villain. I think maybe he was a little drunk on power at first right after the ritual, but in my mind, I think he really just wants to be safe (and keep his Consort safe too), drink his fine wine, throw some parties, get into some political gossip, and live life in luxury. He's very excited about living again and feeling so ALIVE. And now he has an eternity with his beloved, and a lifetime together to overcome/heal/work through the pain that he experienced in the past.

Edit: This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from him, right after Astarion's siblings invade your camp. One of the things he says to you is, "I'm doing this for you too, you know. So that we can both be safe. Forever."

Gortash immediately started thinking about YOUR future together, not only as Best Buddies. smile This makes the conversation between my Dark Urge and Gortash very interesting for me. smile
Ahh, was your Dark Urge a dragonborn first? That is an awesome backstory! Very unique too!
Yeah, the way that Gortash talks to Durge is interesting to say the least! You can ask the Emperor if he's telling the truth about wanting to rule together with you, and as it turns out, he's not lying about that.
Edit correction.. I believe it was with Detect Thoughts that I found that out. Not by asking the Emperor.

I'm actually working on Eden's Sin Collection, her own Clothes. She says if Astarion looks this good in his gear, then she must look this good too.I can do all my own texture maps, but I've problems with all this "bring it to the game" frown Some of the guides are probably out of date, so I don't know where the error is at the moment and I have to test everything completely *sigh*. I hope I can manage it. Eden has already written down her wishlist for me... in blood. evil
:0 I'm excited to see! I believe you will figure it out! smile It would be so nice to have everything be original and one-of-a-kind for my character.
I hope Eden will get to have her special dress for the ball, in case we get that wonderful new evil ending. *crosses fingers*

Oh my goodness... seeing the little Astarion-bat next to the even tinier child-bat!! <3 I think having a child would be deeply touching for Astarion, in a much sweeter way than he would ever expect.
I can just imagine how much Sceleritas will love and adore Dark Urge's heir. He had to wait a very long time for them after all. This child is going to be very spoiled and deeply loved. And how lucky that he gets to have a magical butler to grow up with.
Sceleritas: "I'm simply one hell of a butler-in-law" wink

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Celesti4
hahaha "A hideous vermin, you say? ..Where?"
(I think he's just hungry and wants it for himself.) wink

Yes ... yummy yummy . smile Otherwise he would say "Clean your tent alone, white curls."

This is such a cute scene to imagine! At first glance it looks like a normal young noble child, but look a little more closely, and you can see he's anything but ordinary. wink It's funny, I imagine him looking a lot like Astarion too. Maybe with a few unique traits here and there added, depending on what a player's Tav/Durge looks like.

With me he would have Mommy's bright blue eyes. smile

I love the writing on Astarion's underwear. smile But now it looks like I'm going to have to get him a new one - the exact same one, so he won't immediately notice that it now says on his underwear that he's married, listing the most notable murders his wife has committed.
That's a genius idea. hahaha Astarion wonders what you're doing all day. You're always very busy... (secretly embroidering new pairs of underwear for him) :p

When someone reads in his underwear that he is already married, the enemy is already far too close. ^^ But why would Astarion want to do that? He wasn't allowed to drink blood for 200 years and you let him drink while you have s*x, the poor man must completely lose his mind. ^^ For him, everything else is completely boring, and besides, he has the love of his life who he completely adores. I would trust him completely, he should decide for himself what he wants to wear. But if he wants, we can of course go shopping underwear. smile

Edit: It would be much funnier if Astarion himself embroidered it into his underwear "If you read this, I'll be dead or defenseless and I promise you my wife will hurt you very much, if I can't do it anymore." smile

Ahh, was your Dark Urge a dragonborn first? That is an awesome backstory! Very unique too!
Yeah, the way that Gortash talks to Durge is interesting to say the least! You can ask the Emperor if he's telling the truth about wanting to rule together with you, and as it turns out, he's not lying about that.

Yes, in my story, die white Dragonborn Dark Urge is part of my Drow Dark Urge. I find it illogical to be able to be any race, so I like a touch of devilish magic better. So my Dark Urge also has done a transformation, but he stole it from Mephistopheles... let him keep his contract for himself. smile I'm sure there were more tiny vials with permanent transfiguration spells for other races. smile

:0 I'm excited to see! I believe you will figure it out! smile It would be so nice to have everything be original and one-of-a-kind for my character.
I hope Eden will get to have her special dress for the ball, in case we get that wonderful new evil ending. *crosses fingers*

Thank you Darling, I will do my best. smile

Oh my goodness... seeing the little Astarion-bat next to the even tinier child-bat!! <3 I think having a child would be deeply touching for Astarion, in a much sweeter way than he would ever expect.
I can just imagine how much Sceleritas will love and adore Dark Urge's heir. He had to wait a very long time for them after all. This child is going to be very spoiled and deeply loved. And how lucky that he gets to have a magical butler to grow up with.

And when Daddy leaves the room after flying lessons, Mommy goes to the little one and says, "Always do what Daddy teaches you. If you can do all that, then Mommy will show you how to control this big boy." Then you transform into the Slayer and the little one squeals with joy and you gently stroke his cheek with one claw. smile

*Sceleritas stands hidden behind a curtain and is completely proud.* He secretly loves Astarion too, but that doesn't stop him from sending the little one to play pranks on his father.

Last edited by Sini; 23/06/24 08:02 AM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
addict
addict
Not an old master but quickly faked in Photoshop. ; ) I've to try to get the models in Blender. I have no idea what I'm doing, but that doesn't stop me.

And yes, if the sofa looks familiar, we went to Sharess' Caress just to have tea! smile

As a fellow drow player I love this. smile Astarion just looks so good paired together with a drow character! Not only looks-wise but I really like how they both understand what it's like to live in the shadows, having to watch your back all the time and trusting no one. AA and drow consort are a truly formidable pair! I also love him with Minthara and their epilogue introduction is awesome - constantly scheming together and making everyone indebted to them. biggrin

Recently, I've run into this short showcasing a line I haven't heard yet, which is rogue exclusive. Astarion really adores villains:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2kQBYSC0Hpc

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
I love being a Drow and yes, Astarion looks great next to a Drow from my perspective too. smile They both know what it's like not to be able to standing in the sun and as you say, life in the shadows is cruel... and so are drow. At first I always had a bit of trouble connecting Lolth-sworn with my Dark Urge and Bhaal, but I understand Lolth more as my cultural background.

I always love it when I arrive in the Underdark and Astarion tries a pun, which we know he doesn't like. He shouldn't try either. smile

Not that I've ever tried to steal from children. grin

Last edited by Sini; 23/06/24 11:40 AM.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
And again he cheated his way into the picture. smile

When someone reads in his underwear that he is already married, the enemy is already far too close. ^^ But why would Astarion want to do that? He wasn't allowed to drink blood for 200 years and you let him drink while you have s*x, the poor man must completely lose his mind. ^^ For him, everything else is completely boring, and besides, he has the love of his life who he completely adores. I would trust him completely, he should decide for himself what he wants to wear. But if he wants, we can of course go shopping underwear. smile
Edit: It would be much funnier if Astarion himself embroidered it into his underwear "If you read this, I'll be dead or defenseless and I promise you my wife will hurt you very much, if I can't do it anymore." smile
I love this idea so much.^^ It would still have very similar stitching to what was embroidered in his original underwear, with just a little bit extra, since he's no longer single. Or how about this one: "If you can read this, and you're not my wife, I almost feel sorry for what's about to happen to you." grin
And I completely agree - I can't see Astarion ever wanting to stray or betray his love! I feel like he would want only one intimate partner (if any), mainly due to what he went through in the past. He would have kind of like an obsessive type of love for his partner. I always got the impression that AA really only needs one person in his life, and that's what he likes. In fact, I don't think he ever wants to let her go again.
You're right, he must have went totally wild, combining the taste of your blood (which he goes crazy for) and the intimacy with the only person he's ever really loved / fell in love with.

And when Daddy leaves the room after flying lessons, Mommy goes to the little one and says, "Always do what Daddy teaches you. If you can do all that, then Mommy will show you how to control this big boy." Then you transform into the Slayer and the little one squeals with joy and you gently stroke his cheek with one claw. smile
*Sceleritas stands hidden behind a curtain and is completely proud.* He secretly loves Astarion too, but that doesn't stop him from sending the little one to play pranks on his father.
Oh my goodness, this child is going to grow up to be absolutely terrifying. hahaha Astarion + Dark Urge are already a deadly combination, but their child...? I think they'll inherit the best and most powerful parts of both of them, plus they get to perfect those skills from a young age. And they'll become just as handsome/beautiful and charming... Which makes them all the more dangerous.
Awww, the proud and adoring Grandpa Sceleritas (and how much he loves them all) is going to bring a tear to my eye. :') Cutest little evil family ever. <3

Omg ROFL! Your ascended Astarion and your Urge looking so regal and dignified... and then Sceleritas just there like a damn jumpscare once you notice him. hahaha His face looks so freaking big behind Astarion's too!

Made me think of this insidious jumpscare:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

I love the portraits you made! <33 I'm cracking up thinking about how they'll have to hang these up on the palace walls, even though he's photobombing in all of them... and Astarion's annoyed face, knowing he has to accept it... hahaha

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh my goodness, this child is going to grow up to be absolutely terrifying. hahaha Astarion + Dark Urge are already a deadly combination, but their child...? I think they'll inherit the best and most powerful parts of both of them, plus they get to perfect those skills from a young age. And they'll become just as handsome/beautiful and charming... Which makes them all the more dangerous.
Awww, the proud and adoring Grandpa Sceleritas (and how much he loves them all) is going to bring a tear to my eye. :') Cutest little evil family ever. <3

If their children are as hungry for power as their parents, AA and the Dark Urge should be vigilant later. If the Dark Urge is
also the Absolute
, I could certainly imagine that one of the children would feel called upon to take over this power. Equipped with the powers of both, their children are likely to be perfect Predators, can transform into multiple forms, and can quickly regenerate wounds. Probably immortalized by their father. Bhaal will love the new generation of spawns.

"What is the name of your Daddy? ... YES, Ass ...tarion ... say aggain ... Ass...tarion ... You are such a clever sweet little Master. Tiny Sceleritas loves you so much. If you see your Daddy next time, tell him what you've learned." "Sceleritas looks devilishly happy.* "Next time I'll teach you the word "Gortash".

Made me think of this insidious jumpscare

This is a role that Sceleritas would add to his resume. smile

Sceleritas will dust off the pictures every day and check that none have disappeared. He found some in the sewers under the palace. He immediately hung it back up in the right place. smile

Last edited by Sini; 24/06/24 10:53 AM.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
What has he done? lol Did he bury Sceleritas somewhere again, only this time much deeper?

Looking at Lae'zel and I, we didn't seem to help very much.

Yes, as the text on the pictures suggests, I annoyed him again. smile

addict
addict
This is so heartwarming cute smile And Astarion then teaches the even tinier bat how to fly. smile Blaming others for everything is definitely something he gets from Astarion. For example,
if you don't know he's a vampire and he kills the monsterhunter, so you don't find out he's a vampire. If you ask him "Why you do this?", he'll say something like "Promise to look after me, so I don't have to poke around with a dagger."
So it's your fault. smile

Yes, absolutely. smile I swear to watch over him and guard him like the apple of my eye (too bad you can't answer like that :)). Though to see how nicely he handles his daggers, hmmm... It would be great if you could contact Astarion mentally, through the tadpole (if you already know he's a vampire), and suggest that he dispose of Gandrel neatly and quickly, so that you could watch his assassin art and he wouldn't be nervous or tense knowing you were on his side.

An even tinier bat, the dosage of cuteness is off the charts! <3 When he gets tired of flying, he can land quietly on his mom's head and nestle in her hair. Astarion will say, "You are so beautiful! That new hairstyle is just the height of fashion!" The Dark Urge will look in the mirror with surprise and see a nest on her head with a little face sticking out of it, flapping its beady eyes, feel the rustling of little paws and hear a joyful squeak.

I'm trying because for patch 7 Eden wants to look scandalously good. smile As I said, I'm still having problems getting things into the game and since some of the guides are out of date, I don't know exactly where my mistake is. Did I do something wrong when importing/exporting the 3D model or during the programming part? I have to check everything very carefully. I'm currently looking for a simpler model to look for possible sources of error. I'm currently digging through 8 folders of textures to find the right maps. smile ... I just saw there are more than 8 smile

It will be very interesting to watch! Let me know when it will be ready and where to download!

You can see the neat little fangs when he laughs with his mouth open, or yawns like a kitten. In the evening, for example... Astarion sits on his throne, menacingly reprimanding one of his subordinates who has failed in a task. His voice echoes through the vaults of the hall, but is suddenly cut short when a tired little boy enters the hall. His shirt is no longer white, his camisole is somewhere... (maybe Sceleritas knows where it is?), in his left hand is a backpack in the shape of owlbear, which is dragging on the floor and some pebbles and strange artifacts are falling out of it (where did he find it?), he is covered with some dust and cobwebs. Astarion raises his eyebrows in surprise, trying to hold back his laughter and preparing a profoundly wise statement appropriate to the situation, while the heir, paying no attention to anyone present, waddles to the throne, climbs onto his father's lap, stretches and yawns loudly, embraces him, rests his head on his shoulder and instantly falls asleep. Astarion lets out a short: "Hm!", throws everyone out of the hall with a commanding gesture of his hand, takes out a handkerchief, carefully removes the cobwebs from his son's hair and ears, and carries him to his crib.

I agree with all of your points about him. I love that you can choose to take control of the brain, or reject it, and he's just as happy if you don't do it. He never mentions it again and he looks so excited and optimistic to go traveling the world with you. I love how I can make all the goody-2-shoes decisions and get the Epilogue ending, AND also have Vampire Lord Astarion there as my partner. hahaha Some of the companions at the party even ask about whether I will have kids with my partner. So it's not just him turning into an irredeemable villain. I think maybe he was a little drunk on power at first right after the ritual, but in my mind, I think he really just wants to be safe (and keep his Consort safe too), drink his fine wine, throw some parties, get into some political gossip, and live life in luxury. He's very excited about living again and feeling so ALIVE. And now he has an eternity with his beloved, and a lifetime together to overcome/heal/work through the pain that he experienced in the past.

Yes, that's the way it is! After the ritual, he was a little drunk, not even just from the power, but from all these new feelings and sensations that came over him in a huge flood. Before he existed, not lived, in darkness, grayness and pain, only the tadpole gave him the opportunity to breathe life again and taste it. And now he is ALIVE again and feels everything, including things he never felt before. He hears the living creatures - bats and wolves, who want to serve him, he hears the beating of their hearts, it is delightful, but - it is also difficult... He needs to get used to it, to learn to understand and manage it, Astarion is very excited after the ritual, but who in his place would feel otherwise? The ritual didn't change him, the ritual expanded the range of his feelings and emotions, he is intoxicated by it, he needs time to realize this new cascade of feelings. "I feel alive, hahaha!" ALIVE is the key word. My DU, Tav, I'm not going to let anyone take that away from him again.

Yes, they have an eternity, and the beloved will give him all her love and tenderness, and all wounds will heal. Time heals, and fortunately we have plenty of that medicine.

Edit: This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from him, right after Astarion's siblings invade your camp. One of the things he says to you is, "I'm doing this for you too, you know. So that we can both be safe. Forever."

Yeah, I want to get there now and finally get that scene. Astarion understands the price of safety, and he knows what this world is really like. He's said before that he wants to protect you. I was really touched by how he... gives a lot. Love, attention, protection. I tried to give everything to him before, worrying only about him, and then - he's so willing to take care of me on his own! Even my favorite warrior roleplay got a little boring, and I wanted to play it differently, to be softer and trust Astarion - let him lead the group and be the protector. <3 Astarion manages to awaken the femininity in his beloved.

Nah, nah, it's a joke for Astarion himself when he finally notices the inscription change. smile The question, of course, is how he will take such jealous jokes... Maybe he will repay it with something funny from his side. smile In the game there is no possibility to show even a little jealousy (Astarion, of course, does not give any reason, except that once he flirted with Sh. and called her a flower, but that was a long time ago), I sometimes want to be a little jealous, gently, so that it does not look like distrust, but rather like "Astarion in the center of attention". And to make him a little jealous too, just as a show of passion, in game he only reacts to absolutely horrible things like actual cheating, which I can't and don't want to do. He might ask what the hell Halsin wanted from me after I'd already sent Halsin away, or pull out his daggers right after Haarlep dared to tell me: "Take off your clothes" (in my headcanon, they pull out their weapons at the same time, and Astarion gives Haarlep the first and last brutal blow, and then they ask their companions to remove themselves, and then they love each other on the local luxury bed while Haarlep's corpse is lying on the floor somewhere, but they've already forgotten it exists).

Yeah, that sounds really cute and fun, Astarion-style! smile

Oh, how adorable! <3 Maybe the pranking of the father will also happen because the kid really wants to be like him, to repeat what he does (like fiddling with books, climbing on the throne and trying to command everyone), and the little prankster will make it look like a funny parody of Astarion. smile

One can imagine the moment when the powers of Bhaal and the Ascended Vampire awaken...

Astarion and Dark Urge left the kid with Sceleritas to celebrate their anniversary. The rooms in the Elfsong Tavern they rented for this are lined with flowers and candles. The same fireplace as it was back then... Its fire is reflected in Dark Urge's eyes as she stares at Astarion uninterrupted. Astarion, leaning over to his lover, kisses her hand. Gently. And even more tenderly, long, as if wanting to stop this moment, carrying it into eternity...

Several Harpers climb the sewers, intending to sneak into the castle, they know that the Lord and Lady have left it this night. Astarion Jr. sits on his throne, bored, adjusting his father's crown, which is clearly not yet his size and so keeps slipping down his nose. They argue with Sceleritas about what tastes better, blood or beetles, and about the fact that it's not fair that beetles are easy to put in a cup with blood, and to fill a beetle with blood you need a syringe, the beetle may burst, and even if everything works out, Sceleritas won't even notice the result, like last time. But the bugs in the glass of blood become very even noticeable when they suddenly fall into the mouth. Sceleritas suddenly puts her finger to her mouth, "Shh, shh, shh!" Mental Link. Astarion Jr. chuckles in a whisper, rubbing his fingers together ominously. As long as Sceleritas has his hand on the pulse, Mom and Dad can be left undisturbed.

...In this episode of the black horror comedy series "Castle Alone" the powers of the kid will show themselves, and the leader of the harpers near the finale is sure to regret that he himself did not listen to his mommy, and not become a donut seller at the market, like his father and grandfather before him... astarionhappy

Originally Posted by Ametris
Recently, I've run into this short showcasing a line I haven't heard yet, which is rogue exclusive. Astarion really adores villains:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2kQBYSC0Hpc

Adorable! <3

He peeks out so cute from behind his back.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
addict
addict
What has he done? lol Did he bury Sceleritas somewhere again, only this time much deeper?

The soiled Astarion is so cute! <3

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline

One can imagine the moment when the powers of Bhaal and the Ascended Vampire awaken...

Astarion and Dark Urge left the kid with Sceleritas to celebrate their anniversary. The rooms in the Elfsong Tavern they rented for this are lined with flowers and candles. The same fireplace as it was back then... Its fire is reflected in Dark Urge's eyes as she stares at Astarion uninterrupted. Astarion, leaning over to his lover, kisses her hand. Gently. And even more tenderly, long, as if wanting to stop this moment, carrying it into eternity...

Several Harpers climb the sewers, intending to sneak into the castle, they know that the Lord and Lady have left it this night. Astarion Jr. sits on his throne, bored, adjusting his father's crown, which is clearly not yet his size and so keeps slipping down his nose. They argue with Sceleritas about what tastes better, blood or beetles, and about the fact that it's not fair that beetles are easy to put in a cup with blood, and to fill a beetle with blood you need a syringe, the beetle may burst, and even if everything works out, Sceleritas won't even notice the result, like last time. But the bugs in the glass of blood become very even noticeable when they suddenly fall into the mouth. Sceleritas suddenly puts her finger to her mouth, "Shh, shh, shh!" Mental Link. Astarion Jr. chuckles in a whisper, rubbing his fingers together ominously. As long as Sceleritas has his hand on the pulse, Mom and Dad can be left undisturbed.

...In this episode of the black horror comedy series "Castle Alone" the powers of the kid will show themselves, and the leader of the harpers near the finale is sure to regret that he himself did not listen to his mommy, and not become a donut seller at the market, like his father and grandfather before him... astarionhappy

I bow... I have to think about that now smile

*Carefully remove the little bat from my hair and gently place it in his bed.*

Last edited by Sini; 24/06/24 03:56 PM.

addict
addict
At first I always had a bit of trouble connecting Lolth-sworn with my Dark Urge and Bhaal, but I understand Lolth more as my cultural background.

Being Lolth-sworn can just be a starting point. There are many interesting rp possibilities when it comes to the drow.

I always love it when I arrive in the Underdark and Astarion tries a pun, which we know he doesn't like. He shouldn't try either. smile

I really liked that scene too. smile

addict
addict

Bat turns back into a boy, smiles all his little fangs, and demands a cuddle and a goodnight kiss. smile

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline

Bat turns back into a boy, smiles all his little fangs, and demands a cuddle and a goodnight kiss. smile

*You hug and kiss your child lovingly and sit next to him for a long time and watch him. You go into your bedroom and get a very old wooden box from a secret hiding place. It's covered in dust, you haven't opened it in a very long time. When you open it, there are 2 tiny daggers inside and only you and Sceleritas know what you did with them. You can still smell the old blood on those blades. You've always been the Dark Urge... right?

You close the box and push it back into its hiding place and with it a part of yourself that will remain hidden forever.*

"What is the name of your Daddy? ... YES, Ass ...tarion ... say aggain ... Ass...tarion ... You are such a clever sweet little Master. Tiny Sceleritas loves you so much. If you see your Daddy next time, tell him what you've learned." "Sceleritas looks devilishly happy.* "Next time I'll teach you the word "Gortash".
Ass-tarion! xD What a wonderfully devious little grandpa he is.
Very interesting, I bet hearing about Gortash would make Astarion a bit jealous (even if he tries to hide it). And he will be very confused about why his child would be mentioning his name, lol. But I'm sure he'll have his suspicions...

Sceleritas will dust off the pictures every day and check that none have disappeared. He found some in the sewers under the palace. He immediately hung it back up in the right place. smile
hahaha I can totally see this happening. It's now my headcanon. xD
Thank you darling, your posts really brighten my day. hug

Ahaha, this is too good. Astarion might be coming back from the rose garden here, or from the sewers. Maybe even from the hag swamp... smile I'm thinking he didn't realize his face was so dirty.
Even though the two of them prank each other like this, I'm imagining that Astarion would secretly get worried if Sceleritas doesn't return after a few days.
I love how AA and your Urge are even bickering a little bit like a married couple here. :p

An even tinier bat, the dosage of cuteness is off the charts! <3 When he gets tired of flying, he can land quietly on his mom's head and nestle in her hair. Astarion will say, "You are so beautiful! That new hairstyle is just the height of fashion!" The Dark Urge will look in the mirror with surprise and see a nest on her head with a little face sticking out of it, flapping its beady eyes, feel the rustling of little paws and hear a joyful squeak.

You can see the neat little fangs when he laughs with his mouth open, or yawns like a kitten. In the evening, for example... Astarion sits on his throne, menacingly reprimanding one of his subordinates who has failed in a task. His voice echoes through the vaults of the hall, but is suddenly cut short when a tired little boy enters the hall. His shirt is no longer white, his camisole is somewhere... (maybe Sceleritas knows where it is?), in his left hand is a backpack in the shape of owlbear, which is dragging on the floor and some pebbles and strange artifacts are falling out of it (where did he find it?), he is covered with some dust and cobwebs. Astarion raises his eyebrows in surprise, trying to hold back his laughter and preparing a profoundly wise statement appropriate to the situation, while the heir, paying no attention to anyone present, waddles to the throne, climbs onto his father's lap, stretches and yawns loudly, embraces him, rests his head on his shoulder and instantly falls asleep. Astarion lets out a short: "Hm!", throws everyone out of the hall with a commanding gesture of his hand, takes out a handkerchief, carefully removes the cobwebs from his son's hair and ears, and carries him to his crib.
Oh my heart...!!! I can't take it, this is just so beautiful. :')
The way you described Astarion's attitude shift from harsh and strict master, to indulgent and bemused daddy... perfect. <3
And the lil baby bat in Dark Urge's hair! <3 So cuuute!
I can see Astarion kissing the little bat's head, giving him a gentle *boop* on the nose, then leaning down to gently kiss Dark Urge's forehead.

Yes, that's the way it is! After the ritual, he was a little drunk, not even just from the power, but from all these new feelings and sensations that came over him in a huge flood. Before he existed, not lived, in darkness, grayness and pain, only the tadpole gave him the opportunity to breathe life again and taste it. And now he is ALIVE again and feels everything, including things he never felt before. He hears the living creatures - bats and wolves, who want to serve him, he hears the beating of their hearts, it is delightful, but - it is also difficult... He needs to get used to it, to learn to understand and manage it, Astarion is very excited after the ritual, but who in his place would feel otherwise? The ritual didn't change him, the ritual expanded the range of his feelings and emotions, he is intoxicated by it, he needs time to realize this new cascade of feelings. "I feel alive, hahaha!" ALIVE is the key word. My DU, Tav, I'm not going to let anyone take that away from him again.
Thank you Marielle, you have actually helped me understand that scene (right after the ritual) in a deeper way than before. A little light bulb just went off above my head.
I'm remembering what Raphael said about the ritual. It makes a lot of sense that Astarion would feel drunk not just from the overflowing power, but from all of those intense "new" emotions suddenly flooding him. Emotions, desires, and appetites that he hasn't had for 200 years! In all those years, he's gotten numb from never-ending hunger and having lost so much. The way he said "And I feel alive," and the way he laughed... I recorded this scene and had to watch it a few times over because it gave me chills. It's one of my favorite moments that sticks out in my mind. I think this was the first time I ever heard him laugh quite like that in the game – it felt to me like he was finally feeling GENUINELY happy, confident, and triumphant. Maybe also feeling an intensified/renewed hot-blooded appetite for his lover, too (I imagine!).

Yeah, I want to get there now and finally get that scene. Astarion understands the price of safety, and he knows what this world is really like. He's said before that he wants to protect you. I was really touched by how he... gives a lot. Love, attention, protection. I tried to give everything to him before, worrying only about him, and then - he's so willing to take care of me on his own! Even my favorite warrior roleplay got a little boring, and I wanted to play it differently, to be softer and trust Astarion - let him lead the group and be the protector. <3 Astarion manages to awaken the femininity in his beloved.

Absolutely, I agree. <3 It's definitely worth it to get that scene. It made me do an audible "Awwww.." smile And it solidified my belief that he urgently wants to protect you from harm always. I also didn't get to see that scene during my first playthrough! I hate how easy it can be to miss important things.
It's tragic to me how so many people want to paint him as this horrible partner who doesn't care for you anymore, and twisting him into an unfeeling villain who lost all of his humanity and his soul. People love to quote the things he says after you break up with him as proof but I'm not convinced. From all that I've seen and experienced from him, that assumption couldn't be further from the truth. You're the one person who he wants by his side forever and the one person other than himself who he wants to protect. You are literally in each other's arms until the stars collapse. :') I'll never believe that he stops caring. All I can see is a very deep love that goes into eternity.

*You hug and kiss your child lovingly and sit next to him for a long time and watch him. You go into your bedroom and get a very old wooden box from a secret hiding place. It's covered in dust, you haven't opened it in a very long time. When you open it, there are 2 tiny daggers inside and only you and Sceleritas know what you did with them. You can still smell the old blood on those blades. You've always been the Dark Urge... right?
You close the box and push it back into its hiding place and with it a part of yourself that will remain hidden forever.*

The tiny daggers! I always wondered if Dark Urge would ever open up to anyone about this part of their childhood...
It feels to me like Dark Urge is closing that chapter of their life now while starting a new one now with their child. <3
My Durge wears the tips of her old daggers in her hair as fashion accessories.^^'

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Ass-tarion! xD What a wonderfully devious little grandpa he is.
Very interesting, I bet hearing about Gortash would make Astarion a bit jealous (even if he tries to hide it). And he will be very confused about why his child would be mentioning his name, lol. But I'm sure he'll have his suspicions...

When you ask what your daddy's name is and your child answers "Gortash"... I think that's the moment when Astarion's face immediately twists into a vicious grimace and he just says "Darling, take the child and go away , what is about to happen should not be seen by any of you".

If he says something like that in a family like yours, where murder, blood and even violence is somewhat commonplace, then he's at a point where he's dropping any facade of dignity and doesn't want us to see him like that.

This should be the moment when Sceleritas also knows that he has overdone it. ^^

hahaha I can totally see this happening. It's now my headcanon. xD
Thank you darling, your posts really brighten my day. hug

Here's an extra hug. smile

I love how AA and your Urge are even bickering a little bit like a married couple here. :p

I like to choose answers that are not the ones Astarion would expects. I love it when he gets upset for 2 seconds and then everything goes back to normal.
Even if I let the monastery collapse on us, he can't be angry with you for long. smile Where I still think it's his fault! HE agrees with me to steal the shiny weapon. HE tells me not to worry, there's definitely an exit there... Ok, I never tell him that I have an item with which we could safely take the weapon... but that's not the point. smile

The tiny daggers! I always wondered if Dark Urge would ever open up to anyone about this part of their childhood...
It feels to me like Dark Urge is closing that chapter of their life now while starting a new one now with their child. <3
My Durge wears the tips of her old daggers in her hair as fashion accessories.^^'

I think the Dark Urge is very complex in his personality. He is a private person somewhere, with his own thoughts and these 2 daggers are basically the end of a possible life without the Urge. The Dark Urge must be very educated and smart after we know what he did. He also has a certain emotional intelligence, considering the almost warm loving words he has for Orin.I then see the face of my Dark Urge,
when she kills Orpheus or the Emperor and knows that in a few moments she will be the Absolute und the world will burn
, has an almost painful expression on her face and briefly closes her eyes. I do think that the Dark Urge has few moments in which he thinks about his actions and the consequences.

If you then look at your happy child and you yourself was hardly older at the time, it might make the Dark Urge sad.

Last edited by Sini; 25/06/24 10:20 AM.

addict
addict

A beautiful and slightly sad shot.

I can see Astarion kissing the little bat's head, giving him a gentle *boop* on the nose, then leaning down to gently kiss Dark Urge's forehead.

What a beautiful happy moment! <3 The next day...

"50 shades of gray" is a story about how a little white vampire had a new snow-white suit made to order (Figaro decorated it with pearls), and the little vampire decided that now it was the right time to explore the mysteries of the castle dungeon and find in its dusty silent depths unknown treasures - a one-eyed skull and a dried mummy of a huge beetle (a gift for Sceleritas).

I'm remembering what Raphael said about the ritual. It makes a lot of sense that Astarion would feel drunk not just from the overflowing power, but from all of those intense "new" emotions suddenly flooding him. Emotions, desires, and appetites that he hasn't had for 200 years! In all those years, he's gotten numb from never-ending hunger and having lost so much. The way he said "And I feel alive," and the way he laughed... I recorded this scene and had to watch it a few times over because it gave me chills. It's one of my favorite moments that sticks out in my mind. I think this was the first time I ever heard him laugh quite like that in the game � it felt to me like he was finally feeling GENUINELY happy, confident, and triumphant. Maybe also feeling an intensified/renewed hot-blooded appetite for his lover, too (I imagine!).

Yeah, I got chills from that scene too! It was the first time he had ever laughed like that before! Astarion only really laughs so genuinely and triumphantly after the ritual. I've watched UA videos and not once have I seen him laugh. What's also interesting is that after the Ascension, he always keeps his posture natural, and stops moving his whole body like he used to. The appetite for the lover should also appear, for now all the senses are awakened in him. At night after the ritual one can see that he really wants it, even when he comes from behind and bites, there is a certain thirst and desire in this bite.

Absolutely, I agree. <3 It's definitely worth it to get that scene. It made me do an audible "Awwww.." smile And it solidified my belief that he urgently wants to protect you from harm always. I also didn't get to see that scene during my first playthrough! I hate how easy it can be to miss important things.

I was lucky enough to find a fairly close old save where we hadn't gotten to Cazador yet, so I didn't have to wait until I got there again. I was only one rest short, it turns out. It's a shame that the scene with the nasty half-naked illithid ( molestation by the Emperor) always comes first. I've had normal interactions with the Emperor, and have no personal dislike for him, but purely aesthetically that scene is just gross. Okay, head with tentacles, that's fine, but at least let him walk around decently dressed, ugh, I have to make an effort to say no to him without insulting him. It would be much better if your beloved's plot scenes were given maximum priority.

Interesting that Astarion didn't say that line to me, about "no one cared about me like you". I replayed it twice - asking what would have happened if the spawns had died, and saying that I hope Cazador can't control him (understandable, but just wanted to hear the answer). Each time, Astarion says at the end, "And thank you. No matter what happens, it's only because of you that I can stand up to him". That line really warms me up too, and it's great, but where does the line about caring hide? I helped him fool the spawns both times before this. Before that I chose the line, "Get the hell out of here!". I know that if you read Astarion a moral, he'll tell a bitter story about the boy he saved and the year of hunger.

It's tragic to me how so many people want to paint him as this horrible partner who doesn't care for you anymore, and twisting him into an unfeeling villain who lost all of his humanity and his soul. People love to quote the things he says after you break up with him as proof but I'm not convinced. From all that I've seen and experienced from him, that assumption couldn't be further from the truth. You're the one person who he wants by his side forever and the one person other than himself who he wants to protect. You are literally in each other's arms until the stars collapse. :') I'll never believe that he stops caring. All I can see is a very deep love that goes into eternity.

These many people are so eager to paint him as a "terrible partner" that they explicitly insist on choosing the "right" lines for their story. Just look closely at those lines. Tav comes off in them as someone whose lack of intelligence is compensated for except by a heightened level of bitchiness. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, the roleplay can be whatever the player likes, as long as it's an option in the game. But it's hard to call Astarion's reaction to it horrible. It's adequate to the situation (except he goes to screaming because he's in pain). How many twists in the head is Tav, who agreed to a ritual that binds forever, and... not even a year later starts throwing tantrums and wanting to break up? The bride ritual can't be broken, a vampire can kill his bride, though it will hurt him badly, but not break it.

Not infrequently they also cite the example of a love confession squeezed out of the unhappy Astarion in an "incorrect form": "I love you, that's what you want to hear." To get to it, you have to talk like a heroine from a bad anecdote to Astarion. If I wanted to eat male brains, I would agree to become an illithid, for surely an illithid enjoys the process much more. And if I want to talk about love, I can always honestly say, "I love you" first, I'm disgusted with squeezing words of gratitude or recognition out of anyone. A begged or squeezed word has no value, and it will always sound "different" than the words a person says to you on their own willingly. But you remember Astarion's thanks before the kiss of the hand, and the next morning. And you don't have to squeeze anything out of him for that.

If you watch a slice of video in the style of: "Bad Astarion - unhealthy relationship" and just put yourself in Astarion's shoes, imagine it all being addressed to you, especially: "You're like Cazador" (knowing that Cazador tormented him for two hundred years and Astarion hated that creature more than anything else in the world), then you'll be able to appreciate this situation in all its colors. For me, there is something creepy and extremely vile in the way it is proposed to leave a loved one in darkness, with eternal hunger, with no colors of life, with dulled feelings, because he does not confess his love in the "proper" way. But this is just my opinion, I am not an expert or a psychologist, for me a "healthy relationship" is a relationship without pain and tragedy, and that's it. The only thing I want to do after that is to go into my game and kiss Astarion, and build my own healthy relationship with him where he never gets hurt again. And you said it very well, that it's a very deep love going into eternity. It's too deep a love to be considered "the norm". "The norm" is something average, ordinary, not outstanding. Astarion won't stop caring about that. He gets sad when you go off to talk to the others at the party in the epilogue, promises to keep an eye on you, and makes that face:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And about "soul loss," if you're interested, we've discussed that here. Starting with illeaillas-san's post #943485.

When you ask what your daddy's name is and your child answers "Gortash"... I think that's the moment when Astarion's face immediately twists into a vicious grimace and he just says "Darling, take the child and go away , what is about to happen should not be seen by any of you".

If he says something like that in a family like yours, where murder, blood and even violence is somewhat commonplace, then he's at a point where he's dropping any facade of dignity and doesn't want us to see him like that.

This should be the moment when Sceleritas also knows that he has overdone it. ^^

Oh, hehe, I myself would lose my temper if my child said his father's name was Gortash. smile An extreme form of surprise, so extreme that it cannot be expressed in any other way than by a word totally unacceptable in high society? If the child learns this word as a result, it will be a complete failure... smile

P.S. I was going to reply in the "Funniest thing you've found" thread, but when I wrote a reply I saw that we were already being banished from there, so I'm moving this post here (it's mostly about Astarion, after all).

You don't have to be particularly good for Honor Mode, it's just the appeal that I end the game by dying. I always plan what I'm doing and then nothing works out smile I forget my potions and everything else I wanted to do. But that's exactly what's fun.

Try the Steelwatcher Titan with a Gloomstalker and a Bard with 2 1-hand Crossbows and all enemies are immune to piercing damage or take less damage from it... of course I don't think about that... that was fun. ^^ And I had planned so beautifully, to throw an invisibility potion at Scratch, he then sneaks through and starts the fight, so that the Titan is already there and I can attack while in stealth... none of it worked... except for Scratch, that one did his job smile

That's a very interesting idea! I've never taken Scratch into combat, I was always afraid for him, but with the invisibility potion it's a different tactic... I also like the simple but perfectly working combination of Tav warrior - defense tank and Astarion - assassin. Astarion is very comfortable throwing stealthy strikes at Tav's engaged opponents. The main trick is the "gentle protective bonds" that Tav puts on Astarion, and also pump his ability to wear medium armor. Armour of Agility (Sold by Gloomy Fentonson at Stormshore Armoury in Act III) allows him to add Dexterity Modifier to his Armour Class + Balduran Helmet + Protective Cloak. AC 26 - Astarion - assassin tank + resistance to all types of damage + half of the damage goes to Tav, Astarion has not died in combat once in the entire 3rd chapter. My personal funny moment - after the fight with Ansur: Tav and Will are wishing for resurrection, Astarion is standing alone, staggering, covered in blood and bruises, stunned, Lae'zel is lying unconscious in the background. And our dearest Emperor immediately appears and begins to tell his story in a sedate way, with expression... Looking at Astarion's face in this scene, I imagined what lines he would say to him now, if he could... smile

-This reminds me of something else I found funny: If you melee attack Gortash outside of battle, before the final fight,

and then apologize with: "Sorry, my hand slipped," He will kick your leg and say, "What a coincidence! So did my foot."
I think this may only happen if you team up with him and take him with you before the Netherbrain fight. I would never have found this little detail on my own! It's so funny the little things that the devs thought about.

Yeah, you have to ally yourself with him to do that. I wonder if it's somehow possible to combine saving Will's father and an alliance with Gortash, or are they basically mutually exclusive? Haha, I really liked his reaction! He did the right thing, because these heroes are used to the fact that no one will fight back, well done! smile

I think the right people are talking about the benefits of flowers. smile

Astarion is very practical about flowers! smile The Lae'zel line is interesting too, I've had other companions with Astarion and this line, but I hadn't heard Lae'zel's answer before!

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard