Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Originally Posted by Marielle
Interesting that Astarion didn't say that line to me, about "no one cared about me like you". I replayed it twice - asking what would have happened if the spawns had died, and saying that I hope Cazador can't control him (understandable, but just wanted to hear the answer). Each time, Astarion says at the end, "And thank you. No matter what happens, it's only because of you that I can stand up to him". That line really warms me up too, and it's great, but where does the line about caring hide? I helped him fool the spawns both times before this. Before that I chose the line, "Get the hell out of here!". I know that if you read Astarion a moral, he'll tell a bitter story about the boy he saved and the year of hunger.

You have to be silent when Astarion deceives his brother and sister, and then choose "I can't believe you deceived them" and "you have no compassion for those who suffer as you do?" Then Astarion will say that no one has ever cared for him.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
That's a very interesting idea! I've never taken Scratch into combat, I was always afraid for him, but with the invisibility potion it's a different tactic... I also like the simple but perfectly working combination of Tav warrior - defense tank and Astarion - assassin. Astarion is very comfortable throwing stealthy strikes at Tav's engaged opponents. The main trick is the "gentle protective bonds" that Tav puts on Astarion, and also pump his ability to wear medium armor. Armour of Agility (Sold by Gloomy Fentonson at Stormshore Armoury in Act III) allows him to add Dexterity Modifier to his Armour Class + Balduran Helmet + Protective Cloak. AC 26 - Astarion - assassin tank + resistance to all types of damage + half of the damage goes to Tav, Astarion has not died in combat once in the entire 3rd chapter. My personal funny moment - after the fight with Ansur: Tav and Will are wishing for resurrection, Astarion is standing alone, staggering, covered in blood and bruises, stunned, Lae'zel is lying unconscious in the background. And our dearest Emperor immediately appears and begins to tell his story in a sedate way, with expression... Looking at Astarion's face in this scene, I imagined what lines he would say to him now, if he could... smile

My sweet, I'll answer in more detail later. smile In the meantime I'll leave the video of shame there. smile I still have to laugh about that mistake. Astarion prepares the battle so well... We could have thrown the arrows by hand and shouted "Phew Phew" lol
But ok, we killed them and it could have been a lot worse.

Edit: There are some very good builds for Astarion. As AA he has an additional +1d10 necrotic Dmg with each attack, which makes him very powerful. Personally, I really like him as a gloomstalker. I personally enjoy playing the bard and I really like the bardadin (as Dark Urge "Hello Oathbreaker my friend" *wave* smile ). The protector build would go well with Astarion ,for example, if you play with two people in melee. As long as I have a little less AC than Astarion, they would basically attack me and as soon as they attack me, it triggers a reaction from Astarion. I could just as easily imagine him in an Assassin Rogue/Shadow Monk build, where he would be like my deadly lover who walks in my shadow. *meow* wink

Last edited by Sini; 26/06/24 05:01 PM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
Originally Posted by Sini
When you ask what your daddy's name is and your child answers "Gortash"... I think that's the moment when Astarion's face immediately twists into a vicious grimace and he just says "Darling, take the child and go away , what is about to happen should not be seen by any of you".
If he says something like that in a family like yours, where murder, blood and even violence is somewhat commonplace, then he's at a point where he's dropping any facade of dignity and doesn't want us to see him like that.
This should be the moment when Sceleritas also knows that he has overdone it. ^^
Oh my~ I love this. And I can't blame Astarion for reacting like that. I think Gortash's name would be banned from the household from that point on. hahaha

I like to choose answers that are not the ones Astarion would expects. I love it when he gets upset for 2 seconds and then everything goes back to normal.
Yes, I think he actually adores it deep down. He likes to be surprised and teased, as he does the same thing too. smile I think that a little naughty streak would be something he finds delightful and it matches his mischievous playfulness. You're someone he views as very special and he for sure doesn't think you're boring or ordinary like any normie on Faerun.

I think the Dark Urge is very complex in his personality. He is a private person somewhere, with his own thoughts and these 2 daggers are basically the end of a possible life without the Urge. The Dark Urge must be very educated and smart after we know what he did. He also has a certain emotional intelligence, considering the almost warm loving words he has for Orin.I then see the face of my Dark Urge,
when she kills Orpheus or the Emperor and knows that in a few moments she will be the Absolute und the world will burn
, has an almost painful expression on her face and briefly closes her eyes. I do think that the Dark Urge has few moments in which he thinks about his actions and the consequences.
If you then look at your happy child and you yourself was hardly older at the time, it might make the Dark Urge sad.
You make a beautiful point here, thank you. I think Dark Urge was thoughtful, loyal, and a genius in their own way. Probably why Durge and Gortash admired each other and had that respect for each other. Even though I was playing my own character however I wanted to, the game did a nice job of giving clues and painting a bit of a picture of who Dark Urge really was before – and not just their bloodthirsty nature.

"50 shades of gray" is a story about how a little white vampire had a new snow-white suit made to order (Figaro decorated it with pearls), and the little vampire decided that now it was the right time to explore the mysteries of the castle dungeon and find in its dusty silent depths unknown treasures - a one-eyed skull and a dried mummy of a huge beetle (a gift for Sceleritas).
Ooh... Now this is a story I want to hear. smile

It's a shame that the scene with the nasty half-naked illithid ( molestation by the Emperor) always comes first. I've had normal interactions with the Emperor, and have no personal dislike for him, but purely aesthetically that scene is just gross. Okay, head with tentacles, that's fine, but at least let him walk around decently dressed, ugh, I have to make an effort to say no to him without insulting him. It would be much better if your beloved's plot scenes were given maximum priority.

Yeah, that scene is unpleasant. The way he's even leaning back suggestively while scantily dressed, lol. When he stands up, I swear he purposely did it in a way where his clothes move so you can see underneath his cloth.
I like being rude to him during this scene, because when you're harsh to him, it makes him completely drop his mask, and shows you what he really thinks about you and why he's acting that way. It also shows you what he did to
Duke Stelmane.
I completely missed all of those details during my first playthrough all because I was being too polite to him.

Interesting that Astarion didn't say that line to me, about "no one cared about me like you". I replayed it twice - asking what would have happened if the spawns had died, and saying that I hope Cazador can't control him (understandable, but just wanted to hear the answer). Each time, Astarion says at the end, "And thank you. No matter what happens, it's only because of you that I can stand up to him". That line really warms me up too, and it's great, but where does the line about caring hide? I helped him fool the spawns both times before this. Before that I chose the line, "Get the hell out of here!". I know that if you read Astarion a moral, he'll tell a bitter story about the boy he saved and the year of hunger.
It comes from the first text response you can give right after the battle with them, where you can say to him, "I can't believe how you lied to them..." and then choose the "Do you have sympathy for..."
I believe it comes up as a response if you either choose deception or persuasion dialogue responses when they first appeared.
Here is a clip I put together of his responses from my gameplay recording:
I love how he looks when he says "So we'll both be safe, forever. For good." His face looks so determined and strong-willed, and I can see he's very serious about it.

A bit off topic, but in regards to Minthara's little comment there – Does anyone know why or how the vampire spawn were able to enter the camp without an invitation?? I'm not sure if it was ever explained. Unless it's got something to do with Cazador trickery.
Also... what are these "remains" that Minthara speaks of? They all just poofed away... lol.

These many people are so eager to paint him as a "terrible partner" that they explicitly insist on choosing the "right" lines for their story. Just look closely at those lines. Tav comes off in them as someone whose lack of intelligence is compensated for except by a heightened level of bitchiness. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, the roleplay can be whatever the player likes, as long as it's an option in the game. But it's hard to call Astarion's reaction to it horrible. It's adequate to the situation (except he goes to screaming because he's in pain). How many twists in the head is Tav, who agreed to a ritual that binds forever, and... not even a year later starts throwing tantrums and wanting to break up? The bride ritual can't be broken, a vampire can kill his bride, though it will hurt him badly, but not break it.
I agree. It's fine for those who enjoy roleplaying it that way, but that doesn't prove that AA doesn't love your Tav/Durge. Those are just opinions. I guess people can twist context clues to suit their needs. But you can easily do a whole playthrough without ever having him yell at you nor showing any displeasure towards you. You make a wonderful point: Of course if you say hurtful things to him, he's going to be angry. Especially when you consider that he does love you, and if you break his heart, he will be upset and will lash out (and possibly tries to convince himself of what he's saying, too). I can just imagine how disappointed he would be if you treated him that way.
I absolutely love how they added the vampire bride lore into it. They made it subtle enough, but if you follow the hints, it makes it clear what he did.

And you said it very well, that it's a very deep love going into eternity. It's too deep a love to be considered "the norm". "The norm" is something average, ordinary, not outstanding. Astarion won't stop caring about that. He gets sad when you go off to talk to the others at the party in the epilogue, promises to keep an eye on you, and makes that face:
Oh, AA at the epilogue party is my fav. <3 Such great (and even some funny) pieces of dialogue. I even liked the 'bad' response because it wasn't really bad. It just showed me how he doesn't want to lose you and how he tries to spoil you and give you the world.
Hehe, the way he says he's always watching. hahaha It made me laugh when I first heard it because I wasn't expecting it, but damn I loved that. It can be interpreted in a couple of different ways, but I like the idea that my character always has Astarion there to watch over you, making sure you don't wander off and hurt yourself (the scene where you recklessly stick your hand into the wall at Moonrise Towers comes to mind, lol), and making sure no one harms you. The writing here was done well and I thought it was kind of tongue-in-cheek. smile
I agree with you! AA doesn't see your partnership as ordinary. He wants something that surpasses ordinary. It makes me think of Spawn's only response when you ask him what he thinks of your relationship ("Oh, nothing special..."). I know it's not meant to be taken that seriously, because he follows it up with something sweet, but I can't help but think there's something underneath his words.

P.S. I was going to reply in the "Funniest thing you've found" thread, but when I wrote a reply I saw that we were already being banished from there, so I'm moving this post here (it's mostly about Astarion, after all).
Lol, I saw that too..

Yeah, you have to ally yourself with him to do that. I wonder if it's somehow possible to combine saving Will's father and an alliance with Gortash, or are they basically mutually exclusive? Haha, I really liked his reaction! He did the right thing, because these heroes are used to the fact that no one will fight back, well done! smile
I am looking forward to testing all of this out, maybe in the next playthrough.^^ Yes, I really like how it gave Gortash a bit more bite to his personality, lol.

There are some very good builds for Astarion. As AA he has an additional +1d10 necrotic Dmg with each attack, which makes him very powerful. Personally, I really like him as a gloomstalker. I personally enjoy playing the bard and I really like the bardadin (as Dark Urge "Hello Oathbreaker my friend" *wave* smile ). The protector build would go well with Astarion ,for example, if you play with two people in melee. As long as I have a little less AC than Astarion, they would basically attack me and as soon as they attack me, it triggers a reaction from Astarion. I could just as easily imagine him in an Assassin Rogue/Shadow Monk build, where he would be like my deadly lover who walks in my shadow. *meow* wink
Love your videos!! <3 What a delicious thought... wink I def want to have Astarion as monk next time.

Sorry for all this text - I wanted to make sure I didn't forget to respond to anything.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Celesti4
Sorry for all this text - I wanted to make sure I didn't forget to respond to anything.

Everything's fine darling. Hope you're well. hug I appreciate it when people, inspired by the thoughts of others, let their thoughts run free and find themselves there in an extended story. smile A lot of things come together to create an overall picture.

Oh my~ I love this. And I can't blame Astarion for reacting like that. I think Gortash's name would be banned from the household from that point on. hahaha

You can be sure that the name Gortash will never be mentioned in this household again.hahaha We better not know what Astarion did to Sceleritas for this prank. Certainly Sceleritas will have enjoyed these deaths, but they have also given him respect for Astarion. He will now accept him also as master, but that doesn't stop him from continuing to play pranks... his brain is already working again.grin

Yes, I think he actually adores it deep down. He likes to be surprised and teased, as he does the same thing too. smile I think that a little naughty streak would be something he finds delightful and it matches his mischievous playfulness. You're someone he views as very special and he for sure doesn't think you're boring or ordinary like any normie on Faerun.

I also think he appreciates that. When you give him answers that you think will upset him, he often smiles. As long as it isn't malicious or goes against his interests, he takes a lot of things with humor. smile

"50 shades of gray" is a story about how a little white vampire had a new snow-white suit made to order (Figaro decorated it with pearls), and the little vampire decided that now it was the right time to explore the mysteries of the castle dungeon and find in its dusty silent depths unknown treasures - a one-eyed skull and a dried mummy of a huge beetle (a gift for Sceleritas).

Me too . smile

What a delicious thought... wink I def want to have Astarion as monk next time.

If I remember correctly, with 6 levels in Shadow Monk you get the shadowstep and can then jump from shadow to shadow. Then 3 or 4 levels in Rogue Assassin and for the rest I would see whether, for example, in Fighter, Druid or whether 6 in Rogue brings an advantage. Played with 2 short swords and later for example Orin's dagger and/or dagger from Cazador ... Yes, that sound great... lol. I could easily imagine it together with a Dark Urge Warlock with Devilssight who fights with Darkness and Astarion sneaks into the surrounding shadows or waits for the opponents in your darkness. So as a very dark shadow couple only played as a duo. smile

Last edited by Sini; 27/06/24 12:46 AM.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
After playing BG3 with Ascended Astarion I got so much into the RP, I actually made him my main character in Elden Ring. Funny how much influence a character can have on a gamer. I just really identify with him in addition to liking his personality. He has all the death and blood magic ofcourse in addition to deadly bloodletting daggers, and a bouquet of bloody roses (it's a funny bleed weapon).
I think BG3 might have opened the Pandora box of RP for me. I was midly into it before, now I want to RP the Vampire Lord everywhere. While waiting for Patch 7. All the anticipation for that one.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Mirmi
You have to be silent when Astarion deceives his brother and sister, and then choose "I can't believe you deceived them" and "you have no compassion for those who suffer as you do?" Then Astarion will say that no one has ever cared for him.

It comes from the first text response you can give right after the battle with them, where you can say to him, "I can't believe how you lied to them..." and then choose the "Do you have sympathy for..."
I believe it comes up as a response if you either choose deception or persuasion dialogue responses when they first appeared.
Here is a clip I put together of his responses from my gameplay recording:
I love how he looks when he says "So we'll both be safe, forever. For good." His face looks so determined and strong-willed, and I can see he's very serious about it.

Thanks! For some reason I thought this option sounded like an accusation, I didn't choose it and was puzzled by the fact that there are no caring lines, I thought that since Astarion talks about caring, I should say something caring to him beforehand, and the only show of caring in this scene is helping to trick the spawns (if you can call that caring :)). And this is an extra line that gives more as a result. In the next playthrough, I'll be saving at the beginning of dialogs with Astarion to see more. I've often had moments in the game where it's unclear whether it's an extra cue that will expand the dialog, or a "cue choice" that leads to one finalizing or another.

My sweet, I'll answer in more detail later. smile In the meantime I'll leave the video of shame there. smile I still have to laugh about that mistake. Astarion prepares the battle so well... We could have thrown the arrows by hand and shouted "Phew Phew" lol
But ok, we killed them and it could have been a lot worse.

Cool, honor mode to go through with two, good tactics using bombs and retreats, looks like it could really be in some fantasy story or DnD!

Edit: There are some very good builds for Astarion. As AA he has an additional +1d10 necrotic Dmg with each attack, which makes him very powerful. Personally, I really like him as a gloomstalker. I personally enjoy playing the bard and I really like the bardadin (as Dark Urge "Hello Oathbreaker my friend" *wave* smile ). The protector build would go well with Astarion ,for example, if you play with two people in melee. As long as I have a little less AC than Astarion, they would basically attack me and as soon as they attack me, it triggers a reaction from Astarion. I could just as easily imagine him in an Assassin Rogue/Shadow Monk build, where he would be like my deadly lover who walks in my shadow. *meow* wink

Curious, will have to try different variations with him!

Yeah, that scene is unpleasant. The way he's even leaning back suggestively while scantily dressed, lol. When he stands up, I swear he purposely did it in a way where his clothes move so you can see underneath his cloth.
I like being rude to him during this scene, because when you're harsh to him, it makes him completely drop his mask, and shows you what he really thinks about you and why he's acting that way. It also shows you what he did to
Duke Stelmane.
I completely missed all of those details during my first playthrough all because I was being too polite to him.

Oh, thank you! Now I won't be too polite!

I agree. It's fine for those who enjoy roleplaying it that way, but that doesn't prove that AA doesn't love your Tav/Durge. Those are just opinions. I guess people can twist context clues to suit their needs. But you can easily do a whole playthrough without ever having him yell at you nor showing any displeasure towards you. You make a wonderful point: Of course if you say hurtful things to him, he's going to be angry. Especially when you consider that he does love you, and if you break his heart, he will be upset and will lash out (and possibly tries to convince himself of what he's saying, too). I can just imagine how disappointed he would be if you treated him that way.
I absolutely love how they added the vampire bride lore into it. They made it subtle enough, but if you follow the hints, it makes it clear what he did.

In my walkthrough, Astarion didn't yell at me once at all. We had a great relationship. In general, it's even interestingly shown - Astarion behaves like a living person, he reacts to attitudes towards him, and behaves differently with different people. A player can choose a feud story, and see love crumble, break Astarion's heart, and yes, Astarion will treat differently to THEIR Tav/DU, just don't confuse that with Astarion's attitude towards the Tav/DU of those players who love Astarion, and choose a love story. Two different stories are possible with AA, depending on the player's attitude and roleplay. The feud story is generally well written if you look at it objectively, although I don't like this story at all for personal reasons, I can't and don't want to roleplay a character so opposite to myself in personality and character, and I would never do that to Astarion. And it's a pity that this story is given more attention, while there are not many options for loving roleplay, very few opportunities in the story to show Astarion my love, I think it would be much better to keep some kind of balance between positive and negative, in terms of the number of lines and options for different options of roleplay.

Oh, AA at the epilogue party is my fav. <3 Such great (and even some funny) pieces of dialogue. I even liked the 'bad' response because it wasn't really bad. It just showed me how he doesn't want to lose you and how he tries to spoil you and give you the world.
Hehe, the way he says he's always watching. hahaha It made me laugh when I first heard it because I wasn't expecting it, but damn I loved that. It can be interpreted in a couple of different ways, but I like the idea that my character always has Astarion there to watch over you, making sure you don't wander off and hurt yourself (the scene where you recklessly stick your hand into the wall at Moonrise Towers comes to mind, lol), and making sure no one harms you. The writing here was done well and I thought it was kind of tongue-in-cheek. smile

Yes, yes, now you'll be able to make cute sad eyes in Astarion's direction, "Love, why didn't you watch me?" after you stick your hand where you shouldn't have! smile And I also love the game when my character herself tries to follow Astarion's every move, because I wonder how someone who's always watching you will react to you watching him... smile At the party, I'm always spying on him.

I agree with you! AA doesn't see your partnership as ordinary. He wants something that surpasses ordinary. It makes me think of Spawn's only response when you ask him what he thinks of your relationship ("Oh, nothing special..."). I know it's not meant to be taken that seriously, because he follows it up with something sweet, but I can't help but think there's something underneath his words.

Yes, he then says nice things like you're the only person he really care for, but he also coughs so embarrassed, like he's embarrassed of himself or his own words. He doesn't have the strength or ability to care properly (unlike Ascended). The relationship with UA is some kind of friendship, not love. He's not himself, in chapter 2 before Cazador the relationship was better, Astarion was more playful. I can't play with UA on an emotional level - I feel that he feels bad, he's depressed, he wears a mask of "proper behavior", I feel pained about him and there's nothing I can do about it.

And with Astarion after Ascension, it's something "more than just love". It really transcends the ordinary. Maybe that's also why it's so hard to break away from Astarion, and start playing some other game.

Me too . smile

Dust was everywhere... Dust and silence until it was broken by little Ast's loud sneeze. "Wow, I haven't climbed in here yet!" - The heir proudly stepped over the threshold of a secret door, leading, it seems, either to a small library or to a vault. The young elf's keen mind, as sharp as his ears, found a way to solve the puzzle that opened the secret door (which his keen eye had discovered before, of course) - he held Skeleritas firmly by the shoulders, facing the puzzle, whispering demandingly in Skeleritas' ear: "And we're not going anywhere from here until you open this ... Or I'm going to climb into that old trap we bypassed, and I'm going to scream and call for Mommy, and if the trap doesn't work, I'm going to climb into one of those cages we saw on the way in, break the lock like I'm stuck and can't get out - and I'm going to scream and cry even harder, and when Mommy and Daddy come, I'm going to be scared and pale and shivering, and say you're the one who locked me in here... You know how I can make eyes... Think, Skeleritas, think, every problem always has a logical solution, that's what mom says!" And when the puzzle was conquered - their reward was a small dusty room with a couple of chests and a few racks of books. "Oh, why does he have one eye? Poor dead jerk..." - The kid twirled a one-eyed skull lying on one of the shelves. The shelf quacked and pulled aside, revealing a large two-handed axe. "How am I going to get this? Well how-uh..." Scleritas grinned wryly. "Hmmm, what's that scratched on his forehead here?" - Astarion Jr. rubbed his skull and...

- Go talk to me. I'll do it. Just two. - an ominous ghost, like a cloud of gray mist, crawled out of the skull's eye socket and stared at the boy.

The Little Lord opened his mouth, but Skeleritas interrupted him.

- He's a trickster. A bound spirit, can fulfill two desires and gain freedom. But he'll do anything to make you suffer. Think what you ask, little one, or you may not have to cry and make eyes at your grandfather, asking to be delivered from what you wish for...

- Don't listen to him..." the spirit whispered, "I'll do what I can. Two wishes... Give me my freedom!

The heir thought intensely for a while, frowning and touching his fangs with his tongue (he does that a lot when he's concentrating).

- Take this axe and drive it into the rock so that no one can ever pull it out!

Skeleritas' face showed a look of keen interest as he watched with all eyes to see what would happen next... The spirit granted the wish.

- Done. Next...

- Now PULL IT OUT!

P.S. I will probably be away for a while, if anything, I'll reply later.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by KiraMira
After playing BG3 with Ascended Astarion I got so much into the RP, I actually made him my main character in Elden Ring. Funny how much influence a character can have on a gamer. I just really identify with him in addition to liking his personality. He has all the death and blood magic ofcourse in addition to deadly bloodletting daggers, and a bouquet of bloody roses (it's a funny bleed weapon).
I think BG3 might have opened the Pandora box of RP for me. I was midly into it before, now I want to RP the Vampire Lord everywhere. While waiting for Patch 7. All the anticipation for that one.

I can understand you very well. I would like the story to continue. It then inspires me to further invent the story or episodes from it and yes, I tend to overdo it. Then one thought jumps to the next and I'm already mentally in the next episode (sorry moderators :)).

I would like to be able to take my companions with me to other games..."Ok, we have a new adventure here". "Ugh... doesn't look very inviting here, darling. I don't want to complain, but a little more decoration would have done this place some good." smile

Cool, honor mode to go through with two, good tactics using bombs and retreats, looks like it could really be in some fantasy story or DnD!

Like I said, Honor Mode is also forgiving of almost any mistake, even with two people and a dog and with a tactic that had to be improvised. You can also play everything completely alone. I really like playing in a duo with Astarion.

Is it fantasy or DnD, whatever, I have fun that they let me do almost anything. smile

Hope you are well. hug

Last edited by Sini; 28/06/24 12:12 AM.

If I remember correctly, with 6 levels in Shadow Monk you get the shadowstep and can then jump from shadow to shadow. Then 3 or 4 levels in Rogue Assassin and for the rest I would see whether, for example, in Fighter, Druid or whether 6 in Rogue brings an advantage. Played with 2 short swords and later for example Orin's dagger and/or dagger from Cazador ... Yes, that sound great... lol. I could easily imagine it together with a Dark Urge Warlock with Devilssight who fights with Darkness and Astarion sneaks into the surrounding shadows or waits for the opponents in your darkness. So as a very dark shadow couple only played as a duo. smile
Nice! I need to look into this more because Shadow Monk sounds intriguing for Astarion. So far I've only had him with the hand crossbows and daggers, so watching him fight hand to hand combat style would be a lot of fun for me.^^ And it would be very fitting for AA. Now I need to think way too long about what my Durge should be... She was a cleric last time and I had to do mental gymnastics to explain to myself how that was possible. (In my head, it was all a part of her Father's plan to make her seem as inconspicuous and harmless as possible at first glance. Then no one would suspect a thing...)

You can be sure that the name Gortash will never be mentioned in this household again.hahaha We better not know what Astarion did to Sceleritas for this prank. Certainly Sceleritas will have enjoyed these deaths, but they have also given him respect for Astarion. He will now accept him also as master, but that doesn't stop him from continuing to play pranks... his brain is already working again.grin
Astarion and Sceleritas are such a good team together, even if they won't admit it. Lol I think some of the books that Astarion is always reading now have something to do with most creative torture methods and most agonizing ways of killing people. smile

I can understand you very well. I would like the story to continue. It then inspires me to further invent the story or episodes from it and yes, I tend to overdo it. Then one thought jumps to the next and I'm already mentally in the next episode (sorry moderators :)).
I would like to be able to take my companions with me to other games..."Ok, we have a new adventure here". "Ugh... doesn't look very inviting here, darling. I don't want to complain, but a little more decoration would have done this place some good." smile
That rose bouquet weapon looks like fun. I love that you can create your character to look like anyone, even Astarion. I'm imagining him running around with those weapons.^^ That was a creative way to link the two games together!
Agreed, I love some of the BG3 characters so much that I want the story to keep going, even in other universes. I need to find other games where I can plant him and my character into them. smile Lol @Sini! For sure, I can imagine Astarion with that whiny face as he says that. Or maybe his dignified (but patiently disapproving) Lord Astarion face that I love:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Thanks! For some reason I thought this option sounded like an accusation, I didn't choose it and was puzzled by the fact that there are no caring lines, I thought that since Astarion talks about caring, I should say something caring to him beforehand, and the only show of caring in this scene is helping to trick the spawns (if you can call that caring :)). And this is an extra line that gives more as a result. In the next playthrough, I'll be saving at the beginning of dialogs with Astarion to see more. I've often had moments in the game where it's unclear whether it's an extra cue that will expand the dialog, or a "cue choice" that leads to one finalizing or another.
That's true, it seems a little bit like we're chastising him for his actions or being judgmental when we choose that dialogue. It's so hard to tell sometimes when more dialogue options open up, and sometimes it goes in an unexpected direction.

Yes, yes, now you'll be able to make cute sad eyes in Astarion's direction, "Love, why didn't you watch me?" after you stick your hand where you shouldn't have! smile And I also love the game when my character herself tries to follow Astarion's every move, because I wonder how someone who's always watching you will react to you watching him... smile At the party, I'm always spying on him.
I like that you're spying on him while he's spying on you, lol. Why does the game assume I wouldn't also be keeping an eye on my love?
It turns into a challenge: Are you sure, you're really always watching? :p
Yes, I imagine my character would probably do something risky to get his attention. hahaha

Yes, he then says nice things like you're the only person he really care for, but he also coughs so embarrassed, like he's embarrassed of himself or his own words. He doesn't have the strength or ability to care properly (unlike Ascended). The relationship with UA is some kind of friendship, not love. He's not himself, in chapter 2 before Cazador the relationship was better, Astarion was more playful. I can't play with UA on an emotional level - I feel that he feels bad, he's depressed, he wears a mask of "proper behavior", I feel pained about him and there's nothing I can do about it.
And with Astarion after Ascension, it's something "more than just love". It really transcends the ordinary. Maybe that's also why it's so hard to break away from Astarion, and start playing some other game.
I also got that impression that it might be more of a friendship type of connection with spawn Astarion, and more of a carnal passion with Ascendant. It also makes sense to me because although he (as the un-ascended version) begins to work through his trauma after dealing with Cazador, physically he is still the same. Compared to the Ascendant, who gains back the appetites he'd lost. It's melancholy for me too, to think that Spawn-version has to keep his hunger forever and has to give up on his dream. It does seem to me like he's repressing some feelings of regret and inner sadness but hides it.

Dust was everywhere... Dust and silence until it was broken by little Ast's loud sneeze. "Wow, I haven't climbed in here yet!" - The heir proudly stepped over the threshold of a secret door, leading, it seems, either to a small library or to a vault. The young elf's keen mind, as sharp as his ears, found a way to solve the puzzle that opened the secret door (which his keen eye had discovered before, of course) - he held Skeleritas firmly by the shoulders, facing the puzzle, whispering demandingly in Skeleritas' ear: "And we're not going anywhere from here until you open this ... Or I'm going to climb into that old trap we bypassed, and I'm going to scream and call for Mommy, and if the trap doesn't work, I'm going to climb into one of those cages we saw on the way in, break the lock like I'm stuck and can't get out - and I'm going to scream and cry even harder, and when Mommy and Daddy come, I'm going to be scared and pale and shivering, and say you're the one who locked me in here... You know how I can make eyes... Think, Skeleritas, think, every problem always has a logical solution, that's what mom says!" And when the puzzle was conquered - their reward was a small dusty room with a couple of chests and a few racks of books. "Oh, why does he have one eye? Poor dead jerk..." - The kid twirled a one-eyed skull lying on one of the shelves. The shelf quacked and pulled aside, revealing a large two-handed axe. "How am I going to get this? Well how-uh..." Scleritas grinned wryly. "Hmmm, what's that scratched on his forehead here?" - Astarion Jr. rubbed his skull and...
- Go talk to me. I'll do it. Just two. - an ominous ghost, like a cloud of gray mist, crawled out of the skull's eye socket and stared at the boy.
- He's a trickster. A bound spirit, can fulfill two desires and gain freedom. But he'll do anything to make you suffer. Think what you ask, little one, or you may not have to cry and make eyes at your grandfather, asking to be delivered from what you wish for...
- Don't listen to him..." the spirit whispered, "I'll do what I can. Two wishes... Give me my freedom!
The heir thought intensely for a while, frowning and touching his fangs with his tongue (he does that a lot when he's concentrating).
Skeleritas' face showed a look of keen interest as he watched with all eyes to see what would happen next... The spirit granted the wish.
- Done. Next...
- Now PULL IT OUT!
I love the precocious personality you gave him! I think he would be exactly like that with Sceleritas, because he knows how grandpa dotes on him and adores him. And he knows what his parents do to Sceleritas if he displeases them. hahaha His habit of touching his tongue with his fangs and frowning... so sweet! You're bringing the little Ast Jr. to life!

I hope that all is well and that we will see you soon @Marielle! <33

Last edited by Celesti4; 28/06/24 07:58 AM.
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Nice! I need to look into this more because Shadow Monk sounds intriguing for Astarion. So far I've only had him with the hand crossbows and daggers, so watching him fight hand to hand combat style would be a lot of fun for me.^^ And it would be very fitting for AA. Now I need to think way too long about what my Durge should be... She was a cleric last time and I had to do mental gymnastics to explain to myself how that was possible. (In my head, it was all a part of her Father's plan to make her seem as inconspicuous and harmless as possible at first glance. Then no one would suspect a thing...)

Yes, that would be something that I can imagine very well for him. With Shadow Monk he can jump from one shadow to the next like a vampire and with Rogue he has sneak attack to be a silent killer. I would prefer Assassin Rogue. That would fit Astarion very well. smile The Dark Urge's cloak would be a good choice for him if necessary. Like I said, for myself I would probably choose a Warlock who works with darkness. Conjure the area, with Devilssight you can stand in the area and attack from it, you are not visible to opponents and Astarion can kill them all silently from the shadows.

They're certainly not the strongest builds, but they're certainly extremely stylish together. smile With a full group, I would choose builds that are equally "sneaky".

Astarion and Sceleritas are such a good team together, even if they won't admit it. Lol I think some of the books that Astarion is always reading now have something to do with most creative torture methods and most agonizing ways of killing people. smile

I think that Sceleritas is now a little more cautious. Even though he told the Dark Urge about the wonderful ways in which Astarion killed him and admired his creativity in choosing the objects that served him as weapons. He wouldn't have believed Astarion could kill so wonderfully and make every pain last as long as possible. Astarion himself is silent about that night.

That rose bouquet weapon looks like fun. I love that you can create your character to look like anyone, even Astarion. I'm imagining him running around with those weapons.^^ That was a creative way to link the two games together!
Agreed, I love some of the BG3 characters so much that I want the story to keep going, even in other universes. I need to find other games where I can plant him and my character into them. smile Lol @Sini! For sure, I can imagine Astarion with that whiny face as he says that. Or maybe his dignified (but patiently disapproving) Lord Astarion face that I love:

Yes, this is one of his possible expressions. laugh "Just be careful darling, I tried so hard to do your nails and mine. Do we always have to end up somewhere where it's so dirty and uncivilized? Can't we just land somewhere nice? I don't expect a welcoming committee with drinks at all, although we would undoubtedly be entitled to something like that. I would assume it's your fault, because with you, death lurks around every corner anyway."

- Done. Next...
- Now PULL IT OUT!

What a clever little evil guy he is. smile

The whole family is proud of him. Sceleritas often tells him about Orin when he puts him to bed and describes to him exactly how his mom killed Orin and how he didn't like Orin at all.

After playing BG3 with Ascended Astarion I got so much into the RP, I actually made him my main character in Elden Ring. (...) He has all the death and blood magic ofcourse in addition to deadly bloodletting daggers, and a bouquet of bloody roses (it's a funny bleed weapon).

Haha, it is fun to expand the story. And interesting characters like Astarion is just so fun to try and incooperate into other games. He is a good starting point for any creation and it sets a clear limitation on things to use so it's more of a challenge, which I like a lot to do in games. Especially Soulsborne games.

I did see you play a lot of honor mode, have you completed it? I have only done tactictian myself.

Agreed, I love some of the BG3 characters so much that I want the story to keep going, even in other universes. I need to find other games where I can plant him and my character into them. smile

The bouquet is so much fun to stab with, lol, it looks so funny. "Here take my damn flowers, why don't you!" Astarion is a charmer so I think it fits him perfectly, hehe. Only thing I wish was that the Elden Ring character creation was better, he does not look as good as he does in BG3, he does have abs for days though. biggrin

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Haha, it is fun to expand the story. And interesting characters like Astarion is just so fun to try and incooperate into other games. He is a good starting point for any creation and it sets a clear limitation on things to use so it's more of a challenge, which I like a lot to do in games. Especially Soulsborne games.

I did see you play a lot of honor mode, have you completed it? I have only done tactictian myself.

Astarion offers so many opportunities to tell stories because his personality is often so unique that you immediately recognize that he is being referred to. And it's fun to think about his world of thoughts. How would he react now, what would he say.

I completed Honor Mode twice solo and once in multiplayer. But I always play the entire story, don't leave anything out and get myself into bad situations with bad ideas smile. I lost Honor Mode 3 or 4 times, once against Myrkul, once against Death Shepherds, once against Bernard. I've no problem with losing a Honor Mode, I start a new game and I will come back to do it better. smile
Death Shepards ... keep an eye on this fight near the monastery act1. They resurrect fallen enemies. Both shepards have to die in the same turn or be controlled. I've often read that these end Honor Mode. smile
Or I startet a new Game because Scratch die or my Owlbearcup runs away. That spoils my fun if I don't have the two of them in camp. smile

Last edited by Sini; 28/06/24 04:30 PM.

I completed Honor Mode twice solo and once in multiplayer. But I always play the entire story, don't leave anything out and get myself into bad situations with bad ideas smile. I lost Honor Mode 3 or 4 times, once against Myrkul, once against Death Shepherds, once against Bernard. I've no problem with losing a Honor Mode, I start a new game and I will come back to do it better. smile
Death Shepards ... keep an eye on this fight near the monastery act1. They resurrect fallen enemies. Both shepards have to die in the same turn or be controlled. I've often read that these end Honor Mode. smile
Or I startet a new Game because Scratch die or my Owlbearcup runs away. That spoils my fun if I don't have the two of them in camp. smile

I love how relaxed you are about Honor mode. I will try to be the same and try it next time. The shepards are really horrible. First time I did them, after many deaths and reloads I said f*ck it and initiated Gales bomb (not knowing it would result in a game over, heh), well it killed them and my entire party..

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline

I love how relaxed you are about Honor mode. I will try to be the same and try it next time. The shepards are really horrible. First time I did them, after many deaths and reloads I said f*ck it and initiated Gales bomb (not knowing it would result in a game over, heh), well it killed them and my entire party..

I love the way you think, darling. Dead is dead and if I have to die for it myself and everything within a radius of at least 1 mile. hahaha For me it's so much fun, but I never think about being careful, then I have to solve the problem somehow creatively. I hope you have also as much fun. smile

That's probably what Astarion always thinks, when he is on adventures with me. grin

The bouquet is so much fun to stab with, lol, it looks so funny. "Here take my damn flowers, why don't you!" Astarion is a charmer so I think it fits him perfectly, hehe. Only thing I wish was that the Elden Ring character creation was better, he does not look as good as he does in BG3, he does have abs for days though. biggrin
That's too funny! Such a classy, deadly gentleman. Much too stylish to kill you with any ordinary weapon. His face is probably hard to duplicate, but at least the abs sound right. :p

Yes, that would be something that I can imagine very well for him. With Shadow Monk he can jump from one shadow to the next like a vampire and with Rogue he has sneak attack to be a silent killer. I would prefer Assassin Rogue. That would fit Astarion very well. smile The Dark Urge's cloak would be a good choice for him if necessary. Like I said, for myself I would probably choose a Warlock who works with darkness. Conjure the area, with Devilssight you can stand in the area and attack from it, you are not visible to opponents and Astarion can kill them all silently from the shadows.
They're certainly not the strongest builds, but they're certainly extremely stylish together. smile With a full group, I would choose builds that are equally "sneaky".
I think Assassin Rogue and Dark Warlock sounds like a very AA + Durge ish combo. I love it, Devil's Sight would work so well here. The two of you will look cool together while the enemies just start dropping like flies in the darkness. >:) "And together, we are unstoppable."

So far I've always had Astarion use the Invisibility cloak permanently, but it would be nice to finally play as a stealthy character and let her use it for once. smile No more letting him steal it off my Durge! Well, maybe...
Can't wait to see him jumping through the shadows and pulling some martial arts moves for a change. grin Never tried the monk class at all before, so it will be nice to try something new. I could let him be more center stage in battle this way while I pick enemies off from the sidelines. I might be setting my sights on a stealth Archer build for next time. Though I'm sure if it's just him and my Urge in battle, I'll have to get used to dying a lot... lol.

Yes, this is one of his possible expressions. laugh "Just be careful darling, I tried so hard to do your nails and mine. Do we always have to end up somewhere where it's so dirty and uncivilized? Can't we just land somewhere nice? I don't expect a welcoming committee with drinks at all, although we would undoubtedly be entitled to something like that. I would assume it's your fault, because with you, death lurks around every corner anyway."
He's so worried about your nails again hahaha But I think he's glad to get a vacation from the butler.
I love how he still follows you everywhere and stands by you, even though he's also blaming you and complaining the whole time.^^ True love.

That's probably what Astarion always thinks, when he is on adventures with me. grin
^Their relationship in a nutshell, lol! (A.k.a., the REAL reason he wants to sequester you in a deep chamber of his palace.) hahaha He really worries for you and I love him for that.
Did you stick your hand in again a second time btw? Something interesting happens + more Astarion <3

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
So far I've always had Astarion use the Invisibility cloak permanently, but it would be nice to finally play as a stealthy character and let her use it for once. smile No more letting him steal it off my Durge! Well, maybe...
Can't wait to see him jumping through the shadows and pulling some martial arts moves for a change. grin Never tried the monk class at all before, so it will be nice to try something new. I could let him be more center stage in battle this way while I pick enemies off from the sidelines. I might be setting my sights on a stealth Archer build for next time. Though I'm sure if it's just him and my Urge in battle, I'll have to get used to dying a lot... lol.

Well, then he should take his fingers out of your clothing box and look for something himself. I always have him look in Arron's and Damon's pockets first. smile

He's so worried about your nails again hahaha But I think he's glad to get a vacation from the butler.
I love how he still follows you everywhere and stands by you, even though he's also blaming you and complaining the whole time.^^ True love.

He made my nails his job. Sceleritas is no longer allowed to touch them. He's allowed to cut the Slayer's claws, but beware he has a nail file. The last time he tryed, he had to pull the nail file out of his hand and table top.hahaha
He's always complaining about something. I saw he secretly sends Sceleritas postcards. smile What would he like to write to him?

^Their relationship in a nutshell, lol! (A.k.a., the REAL reason he wants to sequester you in a deep chamber of his palace.) hahaha He really worries for you and I love him for that.
Did you stick your hand in again a second time btw? Something interesting happens + more Astarion <3

He shouldn't believe too strongly that I would be safe from myself there. ^^ I see him explaining to me why it's safer this way and I accidentally set the tapestry on fire and the fire just spread to the mattress. grin *I cast ignite*. I think he always forgets that my brain had a little accident, but Sceleritas still thinks I'm very smart. lol

Of course I put my hand in there again straight away. If it's a trap, then I'll ignore it grin

He made my nails his job. Sceleritas is no longer allowed to touch them. He's allowed to cut the Slayer's claws, but beware he has a nail file. The last time he tryed, he had to pull the nail file out of his hand and table top.hahaha
He's always complaining about something. I saw he secretly sends Sceleritas postcards. smile What would he like to write to him?
The poor guy may have been preparing to do a deluxe manicure for the Slayer, like he's used to doing for Durge. hahaha

One of Astarion's postcards to Sceleritas:

My dear Butler-in-law,

I trust that you are taking care of everything at the palace while we are away. By now, I expect you've found a way to free yourself from the sack on the rooftop where I last left you. I hope that has taught you not to leave your bug-crumbs on my pillow.
You know, I am feeling very emotional at the thought of not having you near... A great feeling of joy and relief, you understand.
Though I'm sure you have been missing us terribly, I can't say I've had the chance to miss you. There are all manner of creatures here with dirty odious faces that remind me of you. Although I must say, it is making me feel quite a bit more at home.

(Postcard has a picture of a decrepit graveyard with the words "Wish you were here")

Imagine Astarion's surprise when the butler shows up right behind him shortly after. "You called for me, milord?"

He shouldn't believe too strongly that I would be safe from myself there. ^^ I see him explaining to me why it's safer this way and I accidentally set the tapestry on fire and the fire just spread to the mattress. grin *I cast ignite*. I think he always forgets that my brain had a little accident, but Sceleritas still thinks I'm very smart. lol
Of course I put my hand in there again straight away. If it's a trap, then I'll ignore it grin
He is the best. He's the only person showing any concern for my character when I do that and indicating that he would have gotten involved to help her. The exasperated "Not again" is so funny because it shows Astarion's patience for all of our unwise decisions. He knows exactly what he's getting into when he's with you and he knows you're probably always going to be that way. And still, he couldn't be happier to be with you anyway. (Also love the "Let's keep our hands to ourselves now, hm?" And he gives you a genuine smile, like he thinks what you did was cute.) grin
In Sceleritas' eyes you'll always be perfect. Lol, Astarion will try his best, but I don't think anything will really keep Durge safe from herself. That's why he needs to always watch you.^^; And that's why I think they're a perfect match.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
One of Astarion's postcards to Sceleritas:

My dear Butler-in-law,

I trust that you are taking care of everything at the palace while we are away. By now, I expect you've found a way to free yourself from the sack on the rooftop where I last left you. I hope that has taught you not to leave your bug-crumbs on my pillow.
You know, I am feeling very emotional at the thought of not having you near... A great feeling of joy and relief, you understand.
Though I'm sure you have been missing us terribly, I can't say I've had the chance to miss you. There are all manner of creatures here with dirty odious faces that remind me of you. Although I must say, it is making me feel quite a bit more at home.

(Postcard has a picture of a decrepit graveyard with the words "Wish you were here")

Imagine Astarion's surprise when the butler shows up right behind him shortly after. "You called for me, milord?"

Lol Darling, I love that. [Edit: It's been a few hours now and I'm still laughing at the idea. Thank you. smile ]

It's better to put Sceleritas in a sack in the attic than he secretly hide in your luggage.

While he reads the postcard, he is in the process of reducing Astarion's clothing by two sizes. "If you think it's a good idea to let tiny Sceleritas stay home alone, I'll convince you otherwise. You are so wrong about this. What did you say Master, you would like garlic in your pillow, lots of it? Your desire is my pleasure."

He is the best. He's the only person showing any concern for my character when I do that and indicating that he would have gotten involved to help her. The exasperated "Not again" is so funny because it shows Astarion's patience for all of our unwise decisions. He knows exactly what he's getting into when he's with you and he knows you're probably always going to be that way. And still, he couldn't be happier to be with you anyway. (Also love the "Let's keep our hands to ourselves now, hm?" And he gives you a genuine smile, like he thinks what you did was cute.) grin
In Sceleritas' eyes you'll always be perfect. Lol, Astarion will try his best, but I don't think anything will really keep Durge safe from herself. That's why he needs to always watch you.^^; And that's why I think they're a perfect match.

I think they have to look out for each other. I love it when he drinks me dry and then I can constantly accuse him of killing me. Of course it just happened to me by accident that the monastery collapsed on top of him grin "But there is no evidence of that! There are evidence? It was an accident!"

Last edited by Sini; 30/06/24 02:28 PM.

Lol Darling, I love that. [Edit: It's been a few hours now and I'm still laughing at the idea. Thank you. smile ]

It's better to put Sceleritas in a sack in the attic than he secretly hide in your luggage.

While he reads the postcard, he is in the process of reducing Astarion's clothing by two sizes. "If you think it's a good idea to let tiny Sceleritas stay home alone, I'll convince you otherwise. You are so wrong about this. What did you say Master, you would like garlic in your pillow, lots of it? Your desire is my pleasure."
Lol, I could see him trying to smuggle himself in their luggage. But he forgets he's not as small and light as he thinks he is.
You and I are thinking alike - I also imagined him rummaging through Astarion's closet. hahaha

Bonus postcard message from Astarion to Sceleritas:
Oh, and do be sure to stay out of my wardrobes this time, you loathsome little pest. If I detect even a hint of a sulfurous odor on them when I return, I will personally turn you into a scarf and keep you there in my permanent collection.

I think they have to look out for each other. I love it when he drinks me dry and then I can constantly accuse him of killing me. Of course it just happened to me by accident that the monastery collapsed on top of him grin "But there is no evidence of that! There are evidence? It was an accident!"

I'm one of the few who hasn't seen that scene yet. hahaha His reaction is priceless. Also, Eden's innocent-looking face the whole time has me rofl. And then she says she still wants to talk to him about something? But then just walks away. biggrin That really must have annoyed him... Lol!

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Lol, I could see him trying to smuggle himself in their luggage. But he forgets he's not as small and light as he thinks he is.
You and I are thinking alike - I also imagined him rummaging through Astarion's closet. hahaha

Bonus postcard message from Astarion to Sceleritas:
Oh, and do be sure to stay out of my wardrobes this time, you loathsome little pest. If I detect even a hint of a sulfurous odor on them when I return, I will personally turn you into a scarf and keep you there in my permanent collection.

There is a saying in German, that should go something like “Two stupid people, one thought” in English. grin

Well, the postcard must have been lost...what a shame. grin *Sceleritas unravels a few seams* "Next I'll manipulate the bathroom scales. The stupid master should think that he's gained weight, the blood there is probably particularly rich."

I'm one of the few who hasn't seen that scene yet. hahaha His reaction is priceless. Also, Eden's innocent-looking face the whole time has me rofl. And then she says she still wants to talk to him about something? But then just walks away. biggrin That really must have annoyed him... Lol!

Yes, she has more questions for him. It's from one of my older playthoughts, now I've also switched to English. smile I still feel like I'm being treated unfairly! It's not my fault that the monastery is just falling apart like that. He didn't stop me from taking the glittering weapon! He said *imitates Astarion's voice* "Don't break your pretty head, there's definitely an exit here." smile pfff

Yes, she has more questions for him. It's from one of my older playthoughts, now I've also switched to English. smile I still feel like I'm being treated unfairly! It's not my fault that the monastery is just falling apart like that. He didn't stop me from taking the glittering weapon! He said *imitates Astarion's voice* "Don't break your pretty head, there's definitely an exit here." smile pfff

Yes, and so really, it's his fault. wink Deep inside himself, I think maybe he prefers that he died instead of you. He was upset but not nearly as upset as I thought he would be. If we had been crushed to death instead of him, then I'm not sure if he would have been able to function anymore, until he remembers Withers and then yells at him to bring you back (or so I tell myself) – in that case maybe he would have been even more angry at you.^^

Well, the postcard must have been lost...what a shame. grin *Sceleritas unravels a few seams* "Next I'll manipulate the bathroom scales. The stupid master should think that he's gained weight, the blood there is probably particularly rich."
The shrunken clothes + manipulated bathroom scale would make for a very panicked Astarion. And it would make him forget all about punishing Sceleritas. Two birds with one stone...
Bat-Astarion will start frantically flying laps around the palace to try getting in shape again.^^'

There is a saying in German, that should go something like “Two stupid people, one thought” in English. grin
2 plus 2 brain cells is enough sometimes.hahaha

During the epilogue party,
Shadowheart told my Dark Urge she looks like she gained weight. I chose the "Are you calling me chubby?" I thought it was funny, because it means she's being spoiled with all the good food she wants to eat at home, and Astarion doesn't seem to mind her little weight gain at all.
Jaheira says Durge looks like she wants to start a family. Scratch says she smells slightly different.
I left Sarevok alive (only knocked him out), so he sent me a letter. In the letter, he foreshadows children for Dark Urge, too.
Putting all of these little clues together, in my mind, my Dark Urge might be keeping a little secret from everyone.
I know Shadowheart, Jaheira, and Scratch probably say that to everyone, but this all fits so nicely to my headcanon.grin

Letter from Sarevok:

(As a redeemed Urge, I left Sarevok alive and only knocked him unconscious)

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard