Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Marielle
What great dialog... I've never seen it before. Why, for the sake of getting it, do you have to necessarily start a relationship with Karlach, only to dump her for this dialog? It's so hard and unpleasant to flirt with someone other than Astarion, and I really don't want to do it. How I wish I could have these extra dialogs without any relationship with others, especially since if you take out the line about Karlach, his other lines would be perfect for talking to him about relationships, for example. “Still, if you insist on adoring me, then who am I to stop you?” - how this line would be great for a situation where Tav/Du, for example, rejects someone's advances, Astarion notices it, asks a question and you could say something like “I don't need anyone but you”. That dialog is something I'd really like to see in my game. Without Karlach. Sure, when you pick Astarion and get great dialog, that's great. But when you pick Astarion a priori, and are loyal to him from start to finish, you get... Nothing. That's not fair. Especially since the dialog is already written, they could have added it, just with some minor changes.

Yes, I would have preferred to see this text in a different context. As you say, for example when you reject an offer from another companion. But I would be happy if this text were even possible again, just for that cute laugh when he regrets being in a relationship with you after just 5 seconds. For that I'll break Karlach's or Gale's heart straight away. As a Dark Urge, Gale isn't particularly compassionate when it comes to your heart.

More dialogue selection. This is the scene when you break up with Gale.

I assume this part is bugged.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh, your Sceleritas evokes genuine sympathy! He makes me want to take him in my arms and tell him that he's... very bad? smile Being nice is definitely not something he likes...

Sceleritas comes towards you with his bent but still full posture. His little red evil eyes stare at you.

“You must be Marielle.” There is a slightly contemptuous undertone in his voice. "My adorable and undoubtedly rotten mistress has asked me to inform you that she will answer you later about the little master's new adventures, which undoubtedly took place in this way."

Sceleritas' hat wobbles suspiciously and you hear a quiet voice: "Now let me finally see who it is, Sceleritas. Is this about me? Now stand still!" A small white nose with a little white fur becomes visible. "I swear to you, if I'm not allowed to see anything, then next time I won't go to the bathroom before I hide here." Sceleritas turns away and whispers "Not now my beloved little master... I'll pretend to lift my hat slightly." Sceleritas slightly adjusts his hat with one hand and turns back to you. Two tiny, bright red eyes now stare out from under the hat and watch everything closely.

"You're still standing here. There's nothing more here, I brought the message to my wonderful bloody mistress, don't thank me, that would be despicable. Come back when you have less time."

"Sceleritas... why is the lady looking at your hat? If she noticed something, then it's your fault!"

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sini
Yes, I would have preferred to see this text in a different context. As you say, for example when you reject an offer from another companion. But I would be happy if this text were even possible again, just for that cute laugh when he regrets being in a relationship with you after just 5 seconds. For that I'll break Karlach's or Gale's heart straight away. As a Dark Urge, Gale isn't particularly compassionate when it comes to your heart.

Gale isn't particularly compassionate about Dark Urge? Yeah, Astarion's laugh is just adorable. <3

More dialogue selection. This is the scene when you break up with Gale.

I assume this part is bugged.

Oh, yes, there is no doubt that Astarion was the obvious choice! After the discussion of a particular abandoned companion ends - the dialog matches. The dialog is great, Astarion also says, “Nothing that compares to you” in that tone of voice, and he has such an attentive gaze while doing so, it must be very satisfying. It's a shame that just for someone who fell in love with him and wouldn't look at anyone else, Astarion wouldn't have words like that. It's not that it would be a pity to offend Gale or Karlach - to start anything with them is not at all pleasing, and so breaks the roleplay and the story of the beginning of love for Astarion... Unfortunately, so much attention is paid to all these “love triangles” that they completely did not think about those players who love only one companion, and do not want to participate in this “geometry”. Although this relationship conversation scene could be added for this variant as well. Basically, only the beginning of the dialog changes, depending on which companion you rejected, just one line for the one who immediately rejected all the advances of the other party members, then the same dialog and that's it. That would be perfect! And fair, in terms of making interesting game content available to all players. Same with Halsin, by the way, if you accept his “offer”, there will be a dialog with Astarion, and Astarion will say that he noticed Halsin's feelings and he seems to be worried about it. I reject Halsin right away, I'm just disgusted to even verbally agree to such a thing, and Astarion doesn't care at all. Nothing he noticed, nothing bothered him, he was probably doing his manicure and not paying attention, lol. No, if there was even a line about him worrying about his manicure instead, that would make me very happy too. smile

But the bugs should hopefully be fixed.

Sceleritas comes towards you with his bent but still full posture. His little red evil eyes stare at you.

“You must be Marielle.” There is a slightly contemptuous undertone in his voice. "My adorable and undoubtedly rotten mistress has asked me to inform you that she will answer you later about the little master's new adventures, which undoubtedly took place in this way."

Sceleritas' hat wobbles suspiciously and you hear a quiet voice: "Now let me finally see who it is, Sceleritas. Is this about me? Now stand still!" A small white nose with a little white fur becomes visible. "I swear to you, if I'm not allowed to see anything, then next time I won't go to the bathroom before I hide here." Sceleritas turns away and whispers "Not now my beloved little master... I'll pretend to lift my hat slightly." Sceleritas slightly adjusts his hat with one hand and turns back to you. Two tiny, bright red eyes now stare out from under the hat and watch everything closely.

"You're still standing here. There's nothing more here, I brought the message to my wonderful bloody mistress, don't thank me, that would be despicable. Come back when you have less time."

"Sceleritas... why is the lady looking at your hat? If she noticed something, then it's your fault!"

Oh thank you, that is so sweet and adorable! <3 And so touching - the white little nose and eyes from under the hat.... <33

“I don't thank you for the visit, my evil friend, but I will say it is devilishly inspiring!”

The most affectionate smile and a wink toward the little ruby eyes.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Gale isn't particularly compassionate about Dark Urge? Yeah, Astarion's laugh is just adorable. <3

If you have a romance with Gale, he will leave you after talking to Gortash if it comes out that it was all your plan. His love for you can't have been particularly great, even if you are a "little lamb" Dark Urge who has forgotten everything and wants nothing to do with the previous life. I see Gale as a hypocrite. I'd rather be an "evil bastard" for Astarion, whom I freed with my plan. My Dark Urge always kills Gale.

Oh, yes, there is no doubt that Astarion was the obvious choice! After the discussion of a particular abandoned companion ends - the dialog matches. The dialog is great, Astarion also says, “Nothing that compares to you” in that tone of voice, and he has such an attentive gaze while doing so, it must be very satisfying. It's a shame that just for someone who fell in love with him and wouldn't look at anyone else, Astarion wouldn't have words like that. It's not that it would be a pity to offend Gale or Karlach - to start anything with them is not at all pleasing, and so breaks the roleplay and the story of the beginning of love for Astarion... Unfortunately, so much attention is paid to all these “love triangles” that they completely did not think about those players who love only one companion, and do not want to participate in this “geometry”. Although this relationship conversation scene could be added for this variant as well. Basically, only the beginning of the dialog changes, depending on which companion you rejected, just one line for the one who immediately rejected all the advances of the other party members, then the same dialog and that's it. That would be perfect! And fair, in terms of making interesting game content available to all players. Same with Halsin, by the way, if you accept his “offer”, there will be a dialog with Astarion, and Astarion will say that he noticed Halsin's feelings and he seems to be worried about it. I reject Halsin right away, I'm just disgusted to even verbally agree to such a thing, and Astarion doesn't care at all. Nothing he noticed, nothing bothered him, he was probably doing his manicure and not paying attention, lol. No, if there was even a line about him worrying about his manicure instead, that would make me very happy too. smile

But the bugs should hopefully be fixed.

I would also prefer it if this passage could be slightly modified if you reject the offer of other companions and choose Astarion. My Dark Urge is too evil for these companions, when I have them in the group, they complain constantly and I'm definitely not going to get any approval, flirting has already failed anyway. It doesn't fit into my game to flirt with them either. My Dark Urge has completely different things to worry about than flirting with everyone. My Dark Urge prefers to tease Astarion and be celebrated by Minthara.

We then all sit around the campfire and Astarion manicures our nails. smile One should not underestimate the value of well-groomed nails on the battlefield.

Originally Posted by Mariella
Oh thank you, that is so sweet and adorable! <3 And so touching - the white little nose and eyes from under the hat.... <33

“I don't thank you for the visit, my evil friend, but I will say it is devilishly inspiring!”

The most affectionate smile and a wink toward the little ruby eyes.

Sceleritas' hat lifts up a little and the cute little white bat face looks carefully out from under it and looks after the waving lady. The little bat turns and lifts the hat further with its butt and then crawls out from under it to jump onto the hat.

"She looked delicious Sceleritas. I would have liked to bite her finger."

Last edited by Sini; 26/07/24 11:41 PM.

addict
addict
If you have a romance with Gale, he will leave you after talking to Gortash if it comes out that it was all your plan. His love for you can't have been particularly great, even if you are a "little lamb" Dark Urge who has forgotten everything and wants nothing to do with the previous life. I see Gale as a hypocrite. I'd rather be an "evil bastard" for Astarion, whom I freed with my plan. My Dark Urge always kills Gale.

Interesting, Gale, it turns out, can betray his beloved. While he himself was betrayed and abandoned by Mystra, and continues to suffer and reminisce about her regularly (in a friendly walkthrough). I wasn't deeply interested in other people's romances, except for a few videos of major scenes for curiosity's sake, but it's interesting, and the romance reveals additional facets of the companion's character that you might not realize in a friendly walkthrough. I noticed the hypocrisy in him too, and without the romance. He wants to kick Astarion out of the camp after finding out he's a vampire, while walking around himself with a bomb in his chest and consuming artifacts. If you give Shadowheart to Viconia, Gale shows himself to be cruel and indifferent to her fate. He threatens to explode in the second chapter, you run around him, convince him not to do it, like, you persuaded him, but if Tav/Du agree that Gale should explode - he'll immediately backtrack, he doesn't want to do it at all, he wants to be a “selfless hero” who is persuaded (though he can sacrifice himself and blow up the Brain in the finale, I don't know how exactly it happens, I've only seen the epilogue with the results of this decision). And, of course, his line in the finale towards the unfortunate Astarion who wasn't given the Ascension. It's almost as if Gale takes pleasure in Astarion's vulnerability and pain. Gale does react adequately to the Ascension, though; he now seems wary of angering Astarion (“He can also be a dangerous adversary”) and behaves politely (during the ritual itself, of course, yelling that he must not do so). I liked Gale at first as a companion - he's smart, he has interesting lines, but then I saw his cowardice, selfishness - I don't think these traits are bad in themselves, it's a consequence of survival instinct, but he's so moral, so eager to look good and behave accordingly, that as soon as “moral concepts”, as it seems to him, allow, - the meanness comes out. Hypocrite is a very apt and succinct definition of his character. Astarion never betrays his beloved, no matter what decisions you make in the game's storyline.

I would also prefer it if this passage could be slightly modified if you reject the offer of other companions and choose Astarion. My Dark Urge is too evil for these companions, when I have them in the group, they complain constantly and I'm definitely not going to get any approval, flirting has already failed anyway. It doesn't fit into my game to flirt with them either. My Dark Urge has completely different things to worry about than flirting with everyone. My Dark Urge prefers to tease Astarion and be celebrated by Minthara.

Especially since the romance with Astarion flares up quickly and suddenly (only Lae'zel tried to seduce me before Astarion, all the others are active later, when my character already has Astarion in his thoughts exclusively), and flirting with others when my character and Astarion are already making love, when we are already together, except that we haven't indicated the relationship in any way, others can't interest me in any way. With other companions whose intimacy comes later, perhaps flirting with two in the first chapter looks more appropriate and realistic, but not in a romance with Astarion. Minthara is the perfect friend for Dark Urge, I agree. Shadowheart is also a nice character as a friend, and there's a good battle pairing with Lae'zel, but Minthara is the best, definitely.

Sceleritas' hat lifts up a little and the cute little white bat face looks carefully out from under it and looks after the waving lady. The little bat turns and lifts the hat further with its butt and then crawls out from under it to jump onto the hat.

"She looked delicious Sceleritas. I would have liked to bite her finger."

What a cutie... I would love to hand him a finger. And give him a kiss on the forehead while he bites... <3

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Interesting, Gale, it turns out, can betray his beloved. While he himself was betrayed and abandoned by Mystra, and continues to suffer and reminisce about her regularly (in a friendly walkthrough). I wasn't deeply interested in other people's romances, except for a few videos of major scenes for curiosity's sake, but it's interesting, and the romance reveals additional facets of the companion's character that you might not realize in a friendly walkthrough. I noticed the hypocrisy in him too, and without the romance. He wants to kick Astarion out of the camp after finding out he's a vampire, while walking around himself with a bomb in his chest and consuming artifacts. If you give Shadowheart to Viconia, Gale shows himself to be cruel and indifferent to her fate. He threatens to explode in the second chapter, you run around him, convince him not to do it, like, you persuaded him, but if Tav/Du agree that Gale should explode - he'll immediately backtrack, he doesn't want to do it at all, he wants to be a “selfless hero” who is persuaded (though he can sacrifice himself and blow up the Brain in the finale, I don't know how exactly it happens, I've only seen the epilogue with the results of this decision). And, of course, his line in the finale towards the unfortunate Astarion who wasn't given the Ascension. It's almost as if Gale takes pleasure in Astarion's vulnerability and pain. Gale does react adequately to the Ascension, though; he now seems wary of angering Astarion (“He can also be a dangerous adversary”) and behaves politely (during the ritual itself, of course, yelling that he must not do so). I liked Gale at first as a companion - he's smart, he has interesting lines, but then I saw his cowardice, selfishness - I don't think these traits are bad in themselves, it's a consequence of survival instinct, but he's so moral, so eager to look good and behave accordingly, that as soon as “moral concepts”, as it seems to him, allow, - the meanness comes out. Hypocrite is a very apt and succinct definition of his character. Astarion never betrays his beloved, no matter what decisions you make in the game's storyline.

I see Gale as more of the type who won't hesitate to betray you and your group if it serves his own power. Of course Astarion and I would do something like that in a heartbeat, so I take out Gale early. Gale is not a good romance for a Dark Urge. If you go the evil path, you only have Astarion and Minthara to choose from anyway, they will follow this path with you until the end. And yes, I'll betray everyone except Astarion or Minthara.

Gale as a god is so boring that he even annoys Tara and his mother. If the story continues there at some point, I think Gale will come to a bad end.

Especially since the romance with Astarion flares up quickly and suddenly (only Lae'zel tried to seduce me before Astarion, all the others are active later, when my character already has Astarion in his thoughts exclusively), and flirting with others when my character and Astarion are already making love, when we are already together, except that we haven't indicated the relationship in any way, others can't interest me in any way. With other companions whose intimacy comes later, perhaps flirting with two in the first chapter looks more appropriate and realistic, but not in a romance with Astarion. Minthara is the perfect friend for Dark Urge, I agree. Shadowheart is also a nice character as a friend, and there's a good battle pairing with Lae'zel, but Minthara is the best, definitely.

If I take the good path, Lae'zel is the first (although Lae'zel also tends to prefer evil answers and actions), if I go the evil path, Astarion is the first to make me an immoral offer, which I reject. smile If I go the evil route, most of the companions won't live long enough to flirt with. evil At the point in Act 2 to trigger this scene with Astarion, only Shadowheart and possibly Wyll are still alive besides Astarion,
if I didn't sacrifice Wyll to Boooal. I don't get any approval from Wyll anyway and Shadowheart doesn't offer me a romance until after Nightsong. This will probably be almost too late for Astarion, I'm not sure if I'll be able to kill Yurgir by then. The blood dealer is no longer in Moonrise Tower at this point and should therefore not be present in act 3 either. I would have to test whether it is possible to trigger this scene via Shadowheart with Yurgir without a long rest.
Pretty complicated. ^^

What a cutie... I would love to hand him a finger. And give him a kiss on the forehead while he bites... <3

"She'll definitely come back, my little bloodthirsty master."

"Definitely Sceleritas, I hypnotized her with my gaze and manipulated her thoughts. When she comes back, she should bring me blood candies. I paid close attention when Dad showed me what to do. Nothing can go wrong. " The little bat smiles crookedly and shows his tiny vampire teeth.

addict
addict
I see Gale as more of the type who won't hesitate to betray you and your group if it serves his own power. Of course Astarion and I would do something like that in a heartbeat, so I take out Gale early. Gale is not a good romance for a Dark Urge. If you go the evil path, you only have Astarion and Minthara to choose from anyway, they will follow this path with you until the end. And yes, I'll betray everyone except Astarion or Minthara.

Gale as a god is so boring that he even annoys Tara and his mother. If the story continues there at some point, I think Gale will come to a bad end.

I want to romance Minthara in Astarion Origins, but I won't start that until patch 7 (I was warned about bugs in Astarion Origins, I'd rather wait). She responds so perfectly to Ascension, she's the only one who supports you, and is generally an intelligent and strong woman who has been through a lot herself. Minthara is the only one suitable as a romantic partner for Astarion in his Origin. smile And make a Guardian for him with my character's face. Until it's revealed that it's actually the Emperor, this will be fun.

In my playthrough, Gale was too lazy to become a god, he didn't take the crown at all. He became a professor at the university. In this case, he'll probably end up... with nothing. He'll just teach until he retires. And complain about the students.

At the point in Act 2 to trigger this scene with Astarion, only Shadowheart and possibly Wyll are still alive besides Astarion,
if I didn't sacrifice Wyll to Boooal. I don't get any approval from Wyll anyway and Shadowheart doesn't offer me a romance until after Nightsong. This will probably be almost too late for Astarion, I'm not sure if I'll be able to kill Yurgir by then. The blood dealer is no longer in Moonrise Tower at this point and should therefore not be present in act 3 either. I would have to test whether it is possible to trigger this scene via Shadowheart with Yurgir without a long rest.
Pretty complicated. ^^

It's kind of interesting to see if that can happen.

"Definitely Sceleritas, I hypnotized her with my gaze and manipulated her thoughts. When she comes back, she should bring me blood candies. I paid close attention when Dad showed me what to do. Nothing can go wrong. " The little bat smiles crookedly and shows his tiny vampire teeth.

The crooked smile with the little fangs on the little bat's snout is the perfect portrait of the ultimate “sinister cuteness”. <3

“A little gift for the most adorable little vampire on Faerûn! Yep, there he is, the most adorable little vampire! Now he's in risk of becoming the candiest little vampire as well!” - a bag of blood candies as tall as Sceleritas (and two Sceleritas as thick) appears in front of the little bat. Either Sceleritas will have to carry all the unfinished candy on his back, or... I hope that with the Ascended Vampire's regenerations, the little guy can eat that much candy without it hurting the whiteness of his sharp little fangs.

addict
addict
Gold issue of Baldur's Mouth Gazette:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
This is great ... I love it. ... Rogue ... great. smile

What great dialog... I've never seen it before. Why, for the sake of getting it, do you have to necessarily start a relationship with Karlach, only to dump her for this dialog? It's so hard and unpleasant to flirt with someone other than Astarion, and I really don't want to do it. How I wish I could have these extra dialogs without any relationship with others, especially since if you take out the line about Karlach, his other lines would be perfect for talking to him about relationships, for example. “Still, if you insist on adoring me, then who am I to stop you?” - how this line would be great for a situation where Tav/Du, for example, rejects someone's advances, Astarion notices it, asks a question and you could say something like “I don't need anyone but you”. That dialog is something I'd really like to see in my game. Without Karlach. Sure, when you pick Astarion and get great dialog, that's great. But when you pick Astarion a priori, and are loyal to him from start to finish, you get... Nothing. That's not fair. Especially since the dialog is already written, they could have added it, just with some minor changes.
(...)Unfortunately, so much attention is paid to all these “love triangles” that they completely did not think about those players who love only one companion, and do not want to participate in this “geometry”.
Very much in agreement with this. I would have really appreciated if we were rewarded with a special dialogue or scene with him to acknowledge that we never started relationships with any other character, nor slept/flirted with anyone else. That same thought has crossed my mind more than once while playing the game. It almost feels like you're expected to experiment and flirt around, and you get some extra dialogues that way, but there's little to no reactivity if you remain faithful to your chosen partner from the beginning. Especially when it comes to Astarion, who is already a bit fragile and tentative when it comes to relationships, due to his past (I believe someone mentioned that Shadowheart even acknowledges this if you choose him over her in a love triangle early on). I just didn't want to flirt with other characters once I've decided on who I wanted to romance in the game.

Oh, maybe with the new modding tools after patch 7, Astarion can add Will's dance, that would be so cool!
This looks so nice - I think it fits really well to Astarion. He's probably learned a lot of ballroom style dances throughout his life.^^ He would have a lot to teach my Durge about this elegant lifestyle.

"All of this would be nothing without you.” - truth. It's like a title, or like an epigraph for the whole Astarion romance. And that to live one without the other would be pure agony. I've always been annoyed by this: “When you ask for freedom, Astarion will blah, blah, blah...” What, in the name of all the devils of hell, freedom? It's like: “When your character jumps from the highest roof upside down...” In the case of the roof, at least it won't hurt as much. They're happy together and they're both watching out for each other. <3
I love the epilogue dialogue with AA. Even the "Freedom" dialogue doesn't bother me. All I see is that he says he wants me to live the very best life (what he thinks is the best life). The only thing I'm still missing is being able to kiss him there. We should be able to ask for a kiss and/or hug from him if he's our partner, like you can with the other romanced companions. I can even hug Shadowheart and Halsin in the epilogue as just friends. By the time we get here, it has been a long time since we're able to share affection with our partner imo. As you've mentioned, they could simply use an older kiss animation here so no extra work would be required. It shouldn't be hard to add it, and it seems unfair for him to be the only one that doesn't have that option.

We have nothing at all to owe anyone except our loved ones, and “you should feel guilty” - in real life these are the words of manipulators, something you should never fall for. “If you don't want to see my middle finger, put away your index finger” is a good saying to that effect. Of course, the game has nothing to do with reality, that's just me for the sake of example. I completely agree with you, and the only real guilt I will feel is if Astarion is forever suffering for being a spawn forever. If you purposely fail this manipulative persuasion check, which is needed to refuse the ritual, Astarion will tell you how he feels about it. Too bad I couldn't find a video on the subject, you could try it in game if you have a close save. And look at the look on his face during the ritual rejection scene.

He just looks plain exhausted and depressed in this scene. Even without the moment where he cries horribly painfully and bitterly. If you watch that scene frame by frame, honestly, it's far preferable for the Astarion-loving DU/Tav to unpack their BFG (“big f**king gun”, and every mighty hero has one, hehe ;)) and deal with any accusers with it (Gur is a great excuse to do that and appreciate the Ascendant's Bite). Because we can do that together with him...

And later like this...

The romance with UA in general feels more like some kind of friendship than true love.
Thank you for sharing these screenshots, the stark change in his emotion is very clear to see here. It's wonderful to see him so ecstatic and that sense of relief he feels there must be incredible. Finally free from that eternal hunger and having a chance to live again while still keeping his immortality. <3
There is a lot of misinformation that gets spread carelessly by people who don't like (or misunderstand) his ascension path. It is upsetting because more people will see those things and assume them to be true. For example, show me where he says he resents you for "making" him ascend?
At no point do we force him to ascend, first of all. He always wants to do it, and when the time comes, he still wants to do it and he asks us for help. But he is still the one who decides on it and does it on his own.

One of my favorite expressions of his. I see an exultant Astarion who has gotten his revenge, feels powerful, and gained his freedom. Where's the resentment?

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/FfSK1WJx/Ascendedlaugh.png[/img]

He's so cute and I love how confident he already is in his abilities as his teeny-tiny self.^^

Gold issue of Baldur's Mouth Gazette:
This is brilliant, what a gorgeous shot of him, and perfectly rendered. <3 I love his more serious and contemplative expression here.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline

I now have Shadowheart and Astarion in "flirting mode", so they would both be ready for an Act 2 romance. Astarion is at 100 approval, Shadowheart is at 53. So Astarion should still be preferred by me. I “just” have to go through the Underdark and then Gith Creche before I get to Act 2. ^^

The crooked smile with the little fangs on the little bat's snout is the perfect portrait of the ultimate “sinister cuteness”. <3

“A little gift for the most adorable little vampire on Faerûn! Yep, there he is, the most adorable little vampire! Now he's in risk of becoming the candiest little vampire as well!” - a bag of blood candies as tall as Sceleritas (and two Sceleritas as thick) appears in front of the little bat. Either Sceleritas will have to carry all the unfinished candy on his back, or... I hope that with the Ascended Vampire's regenerations, the little guy can eat that much candy without it hurting the whiteness of his sharp little fangs.

"Look Sceleritas, IT WORKED." Astarion Junior lies with his wings spread on the huge sack full of blood candies "You're mine and we'll have a lot of fun my love". *Ascended Astarion laugh...only much brighter and much tinier*

These are all mine Sceleritas! If I could convince the lady to give me so many blood candies, then I can convince the rest of the world to kneel before me." *The little bat face darkens*. "I will dominate the world until the sun itself melts.

"We have to hide THIS from Mommy and Daddy, they'll never let me have that many blood candies. Sceleritas, do something... hide my treasure. I'm far too small ... and beautiful to carry this bag myself. Don't fail, my anger will be endless."

Originally Posted by Celesti4
He's so cute and I love how confident he already is in his abilities as his teeny-tiny self.^^

With the parents he has, it's in his blood. ^^ But he always fits in with what Mommy & Daddy do... sometimes Sceleritas has to distract the little curious prince. The other day he managed to throw his hat over the curious little bat just in time before he saw things he shouldn't see yet.^^ Sceleritas says the throw was his best. hahaha

Last edited by Sini; 31/07/24 10:43 AM.

I now have Shadowheart and Astarion in "flirting mode", so they would both be ready for an Act 2 romance. Astarion is at 100 approval, Shadowheart is at 53. So Astarion should still be preferred by me. I “just” have to go through the Underdark and then Gith Creche before I get to Act 2. ^^
Crossing my fingers, it would be great if it worked for you this time. I still couldn't get it to work with Gale the other day... I hope this is a missing dialogue bug and not cut content, because it's way too good to go to waste.

"Look Sceleritas, IT WORKED." Astarion Junior lies with his wings spread on the huge sack full of blood candies "You're mine and we'll have a lot of fun my love". *Ascended Astarion laugh...only much brighter and much tinier*

These are all mine Sceleritas! If I could convince the lady to give me so many blood candies, then I can convince the rest of the world to kneel before me." *The little bat face darkens*. "I will dominate the world until the sun itself melts.

"We have to hide THIS from Mommy and Daddy, they'll never let me have that many blood candies. Sceleritas, do something... hide my treasure. I'm far too small ... and beautiful to carry this bag myself. Don't fail, my anger will be endless."
Omg, the tiny version of the Ascendant laugh. hahaha I love that so much.
He's definitely Astarion's mini-me and must have always been listening very closely to the things his daddy says.

The tiny bat looks smugly up at Sceleritas, his little white chest puffed up with pride.
The butler smiles knowingly and indulgently down at his little master and hands him another one of the blood candies.
"Not to worry, my little master. I know of a perfect hiding spot for your most hard-earned treasure - a place so vile, even your parents daren't approach it." Sceleritas is thinking of the space behind his fruit crate bed, where he keeps his prized jar of bugs and other sulfurous goodies.

"Less talking, more carrying! Can you not work any faster, Sceleritas...?..." Junior's voice begins to trail off.
As the butler expected, the sugar crash from the candy quickly starts taking effect on the little bat. Junior yawns and his eyes begin to droop before he curls up in Sceleritas' hand, and goes to sleep immediately.

With the parents he has, it's in his blood. ^^ But he always fits in with what Mommy & Daddy do... sometimes Sceleritas has to distract the little curious prince. The other day he managed to throw his hat over the curious little bat just in time before he saw things he shouldn't see yet.^^ Sceleritas says the throw was his best. hahaha
Scel. is a lot more coordinated and nimble than I thought! I can imagine his hat fluttering around erratically in the air as the baby bat tries his hardest to fly around blindly underneath.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
Crossing my fingers, it would be great if it worked for you this time. I still couldn't get it to work with Gale the other day... I hope this is a missing dialogue bug and not cut content, because it's way too good to go to waste.

I really hope it's just a bug and not cut content. That would be a great shame for this beautiful and funny scene. But we know for sure that Gale doesn't work. Thanks for testing darling. I also suspect that Karlach doesn't work.

He's definitely Astarion's mini-me and must have always been listening very closely to the things his daddy says.

The tiny bat looks smugly up at Sceleritas, his little white chest puffed up with pride.
The butler smiles knowingly and indulgently down at his little master and hands him another one of the blood candies.
"Not to worry, my little master. I know of a perfect hiding spot for your most hard-earned treasure - a place so vile, even your parents daren't approach it." Sceleritas is thinking of the space behind his fruit crate bed, where he keeps his prized jar of bugs and other sulfurous goodies.

"Less talking, more carrying! Can you not work any faster, Sceleritas...?..." Junior's voice begins to trail off.
As the butler expected, the sugar crash from the candy quickly starts taking effect on the little bat. Junior yawns and his eyes begin to droop before he curls up in Sceleritas' hand, and goes to sleep immediately.

Sceleritas carefully places the little bat on the edge of his hat. "No, go away, take your hands off my candies. They're all mine!" The little lord seems to have nightmares and talks in his sleep. "If even one piece of candy is missing, then I'll send you to my grandpa's temple."

Sceleritas smiles happily and listens to the little boy swearing and what he would do to his opponents. He is a very proud nanny.

He drags the really heavy sack full of blood candies through the palace. He has already dragged many "sacks" through the temple, but this one is really heavy, so Sceleritas has to take a break several times. When they reach his comfortable bedroom (a hole in the brickwork reveals a small, dirty and dark niche), Sceleritas places the sack behind his fruit crate bed. To camouflage it better, he places a houseplant in front of it that had withered decades ago. "Perfect... and you my little friends don't touch my evil little master's blood candy." He screws the jar with the bugs tighter again. "An even better hiding place would have been Master Astarion's old tent. Where did that go? I remember all the big fat bugs there."

Scel. is a lot more coordinated and nimble than I thought! I can imagine his hat fluttering around erratically in the air as the baby bat tries his hardest to fly around blindly underneath.

Sceleritas is well trained. He always had to keep up with the Slayer and had to pull the heavy “sacks” through the temple. Now there is the little wild, curious and fast master, who is often a challenge for Sceleritas. In his bat form he is so tiny that he can hide anywhere, which he does. Sceleritas hardly dares to let the little devil out of his sight because he immediately goes on an adventure and if he has even a scratch, poor tiny Scerlitas has to suffer for it. First through his beloved and most deeply adored mistress, then comes the master "stupid silver curls" and then he has to answer to Bhaal himself.

addict
addict
Very much in agreement with this. I would have really appreciated if we were rewarded with a special dialogue or scene with him to acknowledge that we never started relationships with any other character, nor slept/flirted with anyone else. That same thought has crossed my mind more than once while playing the game. It almost feels like you're expected to experiment and flirt around, and you get some extra dialogues that way, but there's little to no reactivity if you remain faithful to your chosen partner from the beginning. Especially when it comes to Astarion, who is already a bit fragile and tentative when it comes to relationships, due to his past (I believe someone mentioned that Shadowheart even acknowledges this if you choose him over her in a love triangle early on). I just didn't want to flirt with other characters once I've decided on who I wanted to romance in the game.

Yes, I've read that in BG3 there's as much as two hours of content dedicated to cheating, reactions to it, choices between different partners and the like (with all companions in total, not just Astarion). It's a shame that in the pursuit of such innovation in romance, the authors completely forgot about those players who want a beautiful story of true faithful love (maybe love at first sight, or first bite, why not? astarionhappy) and there's not a single line that takes into account such an attitude towards the beloved at all. During the first game, I was a bit confused at all why almost everyone is trying to seduce me, as if they were blind and couldn't see that I was with Astarion. And most importantly, okay, they're trying, everyone may think they're the most charming and attractive, but I myself have no way to say anything about our relationship with Astarion. Yes, at first one can imagine that Astarion cares about his independence, he has only recently gained his freedom, he should not be pressured to talk about relationships, and in time there might be an opportunity to get closer, he needs time to start trusting. But then it turns out that he is really a bit fragile and insecure, you can feel it in the confession scene of Act 2 after Oblodra, when he reacts so much to the unexpected kindness shown to him that he spontaneously confesses and opens up (though I didn't even consider it a special act, it's natural to support Astarion in such a situation, even more natural for me would be to punch Oblodra in the face in such a situation, but come on). The way Astarion asks: "Really?"

He really seems so fragile at this moment, it's as if he doesn't believe in your feelings and doesn't expect anything good. Astarion wouldn't mind if you could confess your feelings to him earlier and tell him that you don't need anyone else but him, he'd love it, he'd probably be playful and pleased, clearly no less than when Tav picks him out of the love triangle. Really, it's like we're expected to do this experimenting and flirting, well okay, some will appreciate the opportunity, and some like to play seriously and with immersion. And after all, for Astarion, fidelity would be especially valuable, it would make him feel more confident and better about himself. It's him, not Will or Gale, that the game allows to be dragged into a "threesome with Halsin", and there's a very heavy scene with him in a brothel (Will and Gale avoid that pain too). So why not make a scene for true love with fidelity as well? A fair balance is when there's a bad scene and there's a good one. There are tons of bad scenes with Astarion. Let's not count all the breakup scenes and other bad scenes, specifically about fidelity - here are two situations with infidelity, there's also infidelity with Mizora, with the Emperor, early love triangles with the entire compaine are spelled out, companion lines for that, and on the other side... Zero. "Evil is isolation", fidelity is a void? Fidelity exists in real life relationships, so there should be room for it in game relationships too. Speaking of evil - the immersion is better when playing as evil, in terms of romance, that's for sure. No annoying dialog with Halsin, in which we are expected to be ready to cheat on our beloved with the first bear we see, and if we don't, it's probably because this particular bear is not attractive, and some other bear will do (you can't tell even Halsin that you love Astarion, directly and firmly, without any "oh, I don't know"). No Halsin, no dialog. Other companions give disapproval, Will and Carlach can leave altogether in the event of an attack on the grove, we end up with far fewer contenders for the role of lover. But there are no additional scenes with Astarion in this case either, which is also unfair and creates an imbalance where you have less content when roleplaying an evil character.

This looks so nice - I think it fits really well to Astarion. He's probably learned a lot of ballroom style dances throughout his life.^^ He would have a lot to teach my Durge about this elegant lifestyle.

I think the dance scene would look great the night before the night after the Ascension, like they're celebrating a victory.

I love the epilogue dialogue with AA. Even the "Freedom" dialogue doesn't bother me. All I see is that he says he wants me to live the very best life (what he thinks is the best life). The only thing I'm still missing is being able to kiss him there. We should be able to ask for a kiss and/or hug from him if he's our partner, like you can with the other romanced companions. I can even hug Shadowheart and Halsin in the epilogue as just friends. By the time we get here, it has been a long time since we're able to share affection with our partner imo. As you've mentioned, they could simply use an older kiss animation here so no extra work would be required. It shouldn't be hard to add it, and it seems unfair for him to be the only one that doesn't have that option.

I really like that dialog too, I never choose "freedom," because that line is something completely opposite of what I want, for comparison's sake I recently chose it - it's the only place where Astarion is hurt and bad (judging by his facial expressions). I did a photo hunt for the Lord in the epilogue and that's the only dialog I don't want to photograph (and why would you want photos to commemorate events that never happened? :)). But real dialog with appropriate lines - gives just charming results!

Yeah, it's very unfair that you can't hug and kiss the person closest to you. I've only hugged Shadowheart and Gale, with Halsin I can't bring myself to do it because he looks at Tav like he wants to have sex with her, it's disgusting. With Gale the hug is a one time thing, but with Shadowheart you can hug as much as you want and the hug is very touching. I have nothing against her personally, and treat her well, but it's so unfair in contrast to the fact that we can't even touch Astarion at all! Larian did a lot of great work filming scenes that then didn't make it into the game, which is a shame (like the great scenes from EA). And it would be a shame if the kiss scene of patch 5 will suffer the same fate, the scene is beautiful, many people like it, very much need a kiss in the epilogue, it would be logical - to return players their favorite scene, and keep in the game already done a great job. By the way, no one asked for new kisses after patch 5, Larian themselves decided to make players such a "gift", which caused a storm of just indignation, it's good that they promised guaranteed to fix the faces, but that Astarion needs a kiss in the epilogue, players have been writing for a long time.

There is a lot of misinformation that gets spread carelessly by people who don't like (or misunderstand) his ascension path. It is upsetting because more people will see those things and assume them to be true. For example, show me where he says he resents you for "making" him ascend?
At no point do we force him to ascend, first of all. He always wants to do it, and when the time comes, he still wants to do it and he asks us for help. But he is still the one who decides on it and does it on his own.

There's plenty of misinformation on the topic of Ascension. For example, I once saw some nonsense in a game magazine about "some players saying" how they saw a scene in which Astarion himself refuses the ritual. And a YouTube user wrote that to me in the comments too. And the request to show this magic video or at least the keywords where this something can be found, of course, led to the instant disappearance of the active and vigorous disputant from the discussion, lol. And now something else new, Astarion is being "forced" to Ascend! Astarion is literally begging for help, this stupid manipulative persuasion check can fail, then if you don't help Astarion, he will leave the group and say he wants Tav to die in agony. One cannot accept this as true if one has played the game, can read, or understands the language Astarion speaks. Perhaps only if one really wants to feel right, the game gives them the opportunity to force (now, really force) Astarion to behave the way they want, be dependent, "nice", and not dare raise their voice to their highness. Needless to say, they don't like the Ascension path. Anyway, yeah, it's misinformation for new players, certainly not for those who understand the plot of the game, but for those who decide what they want to do in that scene. I read all sorts of crap once too, and thought that there would be something bad after Ascension (of course, I wouldn't have left Astarion as a spawn forever anyway, though there were thoughts of quitting the game at that point), that I might have to do the main quest quickly, bring Astarion to the finale, and never play again. It was great to find out that wasn't the case, though! I felt like Astarion even appreciated my "attempt at self-sacrifice," judging by how heartfelt he said: "You gave me everything. Thank you." <3

One of my favorite expressions of his. I see an exultant Astarion who has gotten his revenge, feels powerful, and gained his freedom. Where's the resentment?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yes, this is a gorgeous shot! So much joy and jubilation! You look at an Astarion like that and it's immediately cheerful! <3

Interesting, be sure to let us know what the result is!

+100! Awesome, he's so cute! <3 Such a sunshine can convince anyone of anything, future ruler! The first step to world domination is unlimited power over a bag of candy! astarionhappy

Hehehe, little spy! Sceleritas attentive, or else it's easy to miss such a little guy if he carefully flies into stealth.

Dark Urge and Astarion will probably have very surprised looks on their faces when they notice the chaotically fluttering hat.

I really hope it's just a bug and not cut content. That would be a great shame for this beautiful and funny scene. But we know for sure that Gale doesn't work. Thanks for testing darling. I also suspect that Karlach doesn't work.

That's a pity. Those scenes should have been added for all players, certainly not cut. Hopefully it's just a bug and will be fixed.

Sceleritas carefully places the little bat on the edge of his hat. "No, go away, take your hands off my candies. They're all mine!" The little lord seems to have nightmares and talks in his sleep. "If even one piece of candy is missing, then I'll send you to my grandpa's temple."

Sceleritas smiles happily and listens to the little boy swearing and what he would do to his opponents. He is a very proud nanny.

He drags the really heavy sack full of blood candies through the palace. He has already dragged many "sacks" through the temple, but this one is really heavy, so Sceleritas has to take a break several times. When they reach his comfortable bedroom (a hole in the brickwork reveals a small, dirty and dark niche), Sceleritas places the sack behind his fruit crate bed. To camouflage it better, he places a houseplant in front of it that had withered decades ago. "Perfect... and you my little friends don't touch my evil little master's blood candy." He screws the jar with the bugs tighter again. "An even better hiding place would have been Master Astarion's old tent. Where did that go? I remember all the big fat bugs there."

Sceleritas is a great babysitter! Looks like the cutie will be getting his candy in portions after all, rather than getting so full that he can't fly! smile

Sceleritas is well trained. He always had to keep up with the Slayer and had to pull the heavy “sacks” through the temple. Now there is the little wild, curious and fast master, who is often a challenge for Sceleritas. In his bat form he is so tiny that he can hide anywhere, which he does. Sceleritas hardly dares to let the little devil out of his sight because he immediately goes on an adventure and if he has even a scratch, poor tiny Scerlitas has to suffer for it. First through his beloved and most deeply adored mistress, then comes the master "stupid silver curls" and then he has to answer to Bhaal himself.

Poor Sceleritas ... Well, the baby grows and gets smarter with time, so I'm sure Sceleritas will soon get easier ... Or not ... Getting smarter can be different.

addict
addict

Wow, I didn't know he dumps Durge like that. I didn't use him much in my game since my chara was the main wizard of the group, but the more things I discover about him the less likeable he becomes.

Rogue magazine

Awesome! laugh

Yes, I've read that in BG3 there's as much as two hours of content dedicated to cheating, reactions to it, choices between different partners and the like (with all companions in total, not just Astarion). It's a shame that in the pursuit of such innovation in romance, the authors completely forgot about those players who want a beautiful story of true faithful love (maybe love at first sight, or first bite, why not? astarionhappy) and there's not a single line that takes into account such an attitude towards the beloved at all. During the first game, I was a bit confused at all why almost everyone is trying to seduce me, as if they were blind and couldn't see that I was with Astarion. And most importantly, okay, they're trying, everyone may think they're the most charming and attractive, but I myself have no way to say anything about our relationship with Astarion.

Really, it's like we're expected to do this experimenting and flirting, well okay, some will appreciate the opportunity, and some like to play seriously and with immersion. And after all, for Astarion, fidelity would be especially valuable, it would make him feel more confident and better about himself. It's him, not Will or Gale, that the game allows to be dragged into a "threesome with Halsin", and there's a very heavy scene with him in a brothel (Will and Gale avoid that pain too). So why not make a scene for true love with fidelity as well? A fair balance is when there's a bad scene and there's a good one. There are tons of bad scenes with Astarion. Let's not count all the breakup scenes and other bad scenes, specifically about fidelity - here are two situations with infidelity, there's also infidelity with Mizora, with the Emperor, early love triangles with the entire compaine are spelled out, companion lines for that, and on the other side... Zero. "Evil is isolation", fidelity is a void? Fidelity exists in real life relationships, so there should be room for it in game relationships too.

Certainly looks like Larian is promoting the hookup culture. C'mon now, all the breakup scenes are cool, after all they make our romances "better", don't they? wink rolleyes

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
+100! Awesome, he's so cute! <3 Such a sunshine can convince anyone of anything, future ruler! The first step to world domination is unlimited power over a bag of candy! astarionhappy

Sceleritas is a great babysitter! Looks like the cutie will be getting his candy in portions after all, rather than getting so full that he can't fly! smile

When the Little Lord wakes up, he has a bad headache and is feeling sick. "Sceleritas, what happened?" Oh, my corrupt little master, you must have eaten too many blood candies at once." Sceleritas carefully collects the red crumbs from the white fur and carefully strokes the little bat's belly. "I guess you had your first sugar rush... you have again and again try to pounce on the sack full of candies and eat more candies, biting around you.* Sceleritas shows his hand covered in tiny bites* "Tiny Sceleritas is better rationing the candies for you now, my beloved sweet master." "Don't squeeze my belly so hard Sceleritas, I feel so sick." *A tiny red bubble forms on his mouth" "I'll never eat blood candy again... "

Poor Sceleritas ... Well, the baby grows and gets smarter with time, so I'm sure Sceleritas will soon get easier ... Or not ... Getting smarter can be different.

I think Astarion Junior still needs to mature to handle all the power. He's still a cheeky little scumbag. The smarter he gets, the more you have to watch out for him so that he doesn't just become evil and arrogant and fall into madness. His parents and Sceleritas have to guide him there.

Interesting, be sure to let us know what the result is!

I'm on my way darling. All I have to do is defeat Grymforge and then I'll charge into Act 2. smile I'll report back, I just have to be careful what I do and note the detours I have to take.

I now have more time to play again since I solved my problem in Substance Painter. Now I just have to find the mistake I make when I want to combine 2 or more meshes into one outfit. I also solved my underwear modding problem, it works as I wanted. Celestia and I already had a few ideas for new outfits, some of which I've already put together in Blender. For the Dark Urge Vampire (Drow) ladies. smile If any of you have modding experience, please share your advice. I'm too stupid for the coding part. smile

Last edited by Sini; 03/08/24 10:36 PM.

Yes, I've read that in BG3 there's as much as two hours of content dedicated to cheating, reactions to it, choices between different partners and the like (with all companions in total, not just Astarion). It's a shame that in the pursuit of such innovation in romance, the authors completely forgot about those players who want a beautiful story of true faithful love (maybe love at first sight, or first bite, why not? astarionhappy) and there's not a single line that takes into account such an attitude towards the beloved at all. During the first game, I was a bit confused at all why almost everyone is trying to seduce me, as if they were blind and couldn't see that I was with Astarion. And most importantly, okay, they're trying, everyone may think they're the most charming and attractive, but I myself have no way to say anything about our relationship with Astarion. Yes, at first one can imagine that Astarion cares about his independence, he has only recently gained his freedom, he should not be pressured to talk about relationships, and in time there might be an opportunity to get closer, he needs time to start trusting. But then it turns out that he is really a bit fragile and insecure, you can feel it in the confession scene of Act 2 after Oblodra, when he reacts so much to the unexpected kindness shown to him that he spontaneously confesses and opens up (though I didn't even consider it a special act, it's natural to support Astarion in such a situation, even more natural for me would be to punch Oblodra in the face in such a situation, but come on). The way Astarion asks: "Really?"

He really seems so fragile at this moment, it's as if he doesn't believe in your feelings and doesn't expect anything good. Astarion wouldn't mind if you could confess your feelings to him earlier and tell him that you don't need anyone else but him, he'd love it, he'd probably be playful and pleased, clearly no less than when Tav picks him out of the love triangle. Really, it's like we're expected to do this experimenting and flirting, well okay, some will appreciate the opportunity, and some like to play seriously and with immersion. And after all, for Astarion, fidelity would be especially valuable, it would make him feel more confident and better about himself. It's him, not Will or Gale, that the game allows to be dragged into a "threesome with Halsin", and there's a very heavy scene with him in a brothel (Will and Gale avoid that pain too). So why not make a scene for true love with fidelity as well? A fair balance is when there's a bad scene and there's a good one. There are tons of bad scenes with Astarion. Let's not count all the breakup scenes and other bad scenes, specifically about fidelity - here are two situations with infidelity, there's also infidelity with Mizora, with the Emperor, early love triangles with the entire compaine are spelled out, companion lines for that, and on the other side... Zero. "Evil is isolation", fidelity is a void? Fidelity exists in real life relationships, so there should be room for it in game relationships too.(...)
He does seem so vulnerable and sweet in this moment! The pure hopefulness and wonder in his face and his voice when he says "Really?" during the confession scene. Like he didn't even dare to hope your feelings for him were real the whole time. My opinion is this feeling is very new for Astarion. He knows this is something special but he can't quite put his finger on what it is yet. All those years with Cazador, he wasn't able to make his own choices about romance and what he truly wanted. He'd forgotten how to love. Now finally he has something with someone he actually wants - which is genuinely giving him happiness.

At some point if the player tries to break up with him while he's still a spawn, he says he basically expected that to happen, since he doesn't think he has anything to offer you in a real relationship (like he doesn't think he's good enough). It would have been great if we could do more to reinforce our character's devotion, if that's how we want to roleplay it.

I completely agree that ideally there should have been a better balance where you can also get something special (and some more content) if you remain faithful to your partner throughout your playthrough, no matter who it is that you're romancing. Maybe instead of focusing solely on the extra content for the love triangle and sex stuff, they could have taken some of that out and given the loyal romance paths something to acknowledge it, too.

I think the dance scene would look great the night before the night after the Ascension, like they're celebrating a victory.
Having a beautiful slow dance as a celebration with him after the ascension ritual would be so nice. I feel like we didn't really get the chance to revel in his triumph with him. He gains so much in addition to his freedom from Cazador and the world feels brand new and exhilarating for him. My Durge does smile at him right after the ascension when he says "We did it," but that's about it.

Yeah, it's very unfair that you can't hug and kiss the person closest to you. I've only hugged Shadowheart and Gale, with Halsin I can't bring myself to do it because he looks at Tav like he wants to have sex with her, it's disgusting. With Gale the hug is a one time thing, but with Shadowheart you can hug as much as you want and the hug is very touching. I have nothing against her personally, and treat her well, but it's so unfair in contrast to the fact that we can't even touch Astarion at all! Larian did a lot of great work filming scenes that then didn't make it into the game, which is a shame (like the great scenes from EA). And it would be a shame if the kiss scene of patch 5 will suffer the same fate, the scene is beautiful, many people like it, very much need a kiss in the epilogue, it would be logical - to return players their favorite scene, and keep in the game already done a great job. By the way, no one asked for new kisses after patch 5, Larian themselves decided to make players such a "gift", which caused a storm of just indignation, it's good that they promised guaranteed to fix the faces, but that Astarion needs a kiss in the epilogue, players have been writing for a long time.
The fact that it (patch6 kisses) was given to us as some kind of gift out of the blue was just awful too. I still can't believe that whole nightmare happened at all. I remember being excited when I heard about a kiss update but then we got the hurtful thing we got... And then we had to wait a long time to hear that something will be done about it. During all of those months, nothing was said or done about it. Finally they announced they're going to fix that mistake (with "improvements") but it shouldn't have ever happened. Not to mention how long it stayed in the game in its current state, which has caused more problems, and continued hurting people. The damage has been done and it stayed in the game for way too long.
But yes, I couldn't agree more... It's very unfair for AA to be the only companion you can't kiss or hug/touch at all in the epilogue to this day! In general, I feel that my Tav/Durge doesn't get much chances to show him affection or tell him that she loves him at all. We're in a committed relationship with him at that point and it's so strange to me that we don't get the option to give him any affection in a relaxed atmosphere. If we choose a happy dialogue branch, then an option for a kiss/hug should be added.

There's plenty of misinformation on the topic of Ascension. For example, I once saw some nonsense in a game magazine about "some players saying" how they saw a scene in which Astarion himself refuses the ritual. And a YouTube user wrote that to me in the comments too. And the request to show this magic video or at least the keywords where this something can be found, of course, led to the instant disappearance of the active and vigorous disputant from the discussion, lol. And now something else new, Astarion is being "forced" to Ascend! Astarion is literally begging for help, this stupid manipulative persuasion check can fail, then if you don't help Astarion, he will leave the group and say he wants Tav to die in agony. One cannot accept this as true if one has played the game, can read, or understands the language Astarion speaks. Perhaps only if one really wants to feel right, the game gives them the opportunity to force (now, really force) Astarion to behave the way they want, be dependent, "nice", and not dare raise their voice to their highness. Needless to say, they don't like the Ascension path. Anyway, yeah, it's misinformation for new players, certainly not for those who understand the plot of the game, but for those who decide what they want to do in that scene. I read all sorts of crap once too, and thought that there would be something bad after Ascension (of course, I wouldn't have left Astarion as a spawn forever anyway, though there were thoughts of quitting the game at that point), that I might have to do the main quest quickly, bring Astarion to the finale, and never play again. It was great to find out that wasn't the case, though! I felt like Astarion even appreciated my "attempt at self-sacrifice," judging by how heartfelt he said: "You gave me everything. Thank you." <3
I am glad that you still ended up playing the way you wanted to and didn't let the negative misinformation deter you. I admit, during my first playthrough romancing him, I got hung up for a while on the whole narrative/discussion of whether he actually loves the MC after the ascension. It was upsetting for me (as a new player) to hear all that talk about him not caring about you anymore. And even though he openly says he loves you several times after ascension, some people claim he's lying or just being manipulative when he says it, or whatever. It's just their opinion and not the truth. Meanwhile, there are plenty of things he does and says which prove his feelings of love are real. I agree, I love the way he says "You have given me everything. Thank you."... I feel that he includes you when he says "everything." Now that he has you by his side, he really has everything. smile

Originally Posted by Ametris
Certainly looks like Larian is promoting the hookup culture. C'mon now, all the breakup scenes are cool, after all they make our romances "better", don't they? wink rolleyes
Yeah, so much effort put into the breakups and cheating and love triangles. A little more balance to include special content for loyalty and monogamy for sure would have been nice.^^

When the Little Lord wakes up, he has a bad headache and is feeling sick. "Sceleritas, what happened?" Oh, my corrupt little master, you must have eaten too many blood candies at once." Sceleritas carefully collects the red crumbs from the white fur and carefully strokes the little bat's belly. "I guess you had your first sugar rush... you have again and again try to pounce on the sack full of candies and eat more candies, biting around you.* Sceleritas shows his hand covered in tiny bites* "Tiny Sceleritas is better rationing the candies for you now, my beloved sweet master." "Don't squeeze my belly so hard Sceleritas, I feel so sick." *A tiny red bubble forms on his mouth" "I'll never eat blood candy again... "
The poor baby. But I'm sure he'll be all better in a few hours and ready for more candies.^^ I bet Jr. looks adorable wearing a little cactus-shaped beanie with a flower pom-pom at the top that Sceleritas knitted for him.
That evening, Jr. will join Dad on his first exercise flight around the castle. The little one will probably not be able to make it all the way around, and then Astarion will have to fly in his bat-form while carrying the tiny bat on his back (good strength and endurance training for him lol).
As Astarion flies past the main bedroom window, he gets distracted by the vision of his consort standing at the window, with a sweet smile on her face, holding a daisy in her hand. smile This gives him some ideas...

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
At the point in Act 2 to trigger this scene with Astarion, only Shadowheart and possibly Wyll are still alive besides Astarion,
Pretty complicated. ^^

OK darlings, this path doesn't work. It's best not to try it, because if you're unlucky Astarion will leave your group.

What did I do before?

- I completed the Trials of Shar

- I killed Balthazar and his brother in the room where they are standing

I killed the rats and Lyrthindor (you should NEVER kill him before Yurgir, because that would fulfill his contract with Raphael and Raphael would then take care of Yurgir himself and not read Astarion's scars! Astarion would then get angry because you put the devil before his needs and if your roll of the dice is wrong, he would leave your group permanently!!!)

I can't go to Nightsong beforehand because the 4th Umbral Orb is with the Orthon Yurgir. Even if I don't kill the Rat Sharite, I would have to kill Yurgir first, which would start Astarion's romance too early.

As my game is in Honor Mode, I can't go back to an earlier point in time. I'll probably have to put up with Astarion yelling at me. Since I haven't spoken to Araj Oblodra yet, I have to hope that I can still start the romance this way.

Minthy is bugged for me in Moonrise Tower (doesn't speak to me) and apart from Shadowheart and Astarion, all of my companions have had small accidents.

If it doesn't work, I'll start a new game crazy

So we can rule out this route too. We can report this as a bug, since I don't see any other way to trigger this scene and Celestia couldn't trigger it with Gale

Edit:

Astarion save our romance party cheer kiss ...

He used our tried and tested tactic "Kill first, ask later." smile So Raphael had no chance to talk to Yurgir.

The fight was a bit unusual, but yes... dead is dead... the romance is saved. smile I'm glad I don't have to start the romance through Araj.

Last edited by Sini; 09/08/24 10:12 PM.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
I take it all back, I was able to trigger the scene with Shadowheart. I should have just talked to her and broke up our relationship, because unlike the others she doesn't have an exclamation mark above her head.

1) Have SH and Astarion in flirting mode.

2) Kill Yurgir

3) Get Astarion's confession scene

4) Talk to Sh, end your relationship

5) Talk to Astarion ... tada ... get this scene.

However, it is buggy with Gale & Karlach and only seems to work with SH. I'm not sure if Sh has to have a certain approval rating, mine was 88, Astarion was 100.

The rest of what I wrote is still correct, never kill the rat Shar befor you kill Yurgir or it might get a bit more complicated.

Last edited by Sini; 09/08/24 07:26 PM.

Sini Offline OP
OP Offline
The poor baby. But I'm sure he'll be all better in a few hours and ready for more candies.^^ I bet Jr. looks adorable wearing a little cactus-shaped beanie with a flower pom-pom at the top that Sceleritas knitted for him.
That evening, Jr. will join Dad on his first exercise flight around the castle. The little one will probably not be able to make it all the way around, and then Astarion will have to fly in his bat-form while carrying the tiny bat on his back (good strength and endurance training for him lol).
As Astarion flies past the main bedroom window, he gets distracted by the vision of his consort standing at the window, with a sweet smile on her face, holding a daisy in her hand. smile This gives him some ideas...

First of all, he won't be able to eat any more of them, which doesn't mean that he won't defend the huge sack full of sweets. They're his and if even one is missing, then Sceleritas will be to blame and the tiny lord will tell him to Grandpa. He's wondering whether he shouldn't already demand revenge for this beanie and whether Sceleritas is now positively demented. A Cacti Beanie? With a flower pom-pom? Seriously, Sceleritas? What was the name of the place in the world where something like that is cute? Just so I know what I'll destroy if I dominate the world. If you come too close to me with that, I'll scream for help. That thing is fashion suicide and my daddy doesn't take it lightly. I'm no daisy... but I'm not wearing that! Especially not when I have flying training with daddy. If he sees me with it, he starts crying and asks what he did wrong. He probably wished he had more children like me, only with better fashion sense.

With the idea of ​​having more children like this little bat, Mommy Dark Urge falls into daydreams...

She sees a whole bunch of little white bat lords and ladies... they all flutter around her head and just do mischief. In her dream, she runs screaming into the Bhaal temple. She enjoys the peace and quiet in the wellness and spa area when she hears loud arguing outside. Damn, she has forgotten that Sceleritas can enter the Bhaal temple at any time. A completely ragged Sceleritas and Astarion stand in front of her, arguing, threatening and pushing each other, the little lords and ladies flutter around happily.

"Darling, come back home, we need you."

"I haven't been gone for two hours"

"My adored Mistress, I can't tell you what I had to go through with this..."Sceleritas bares her teeth"

"Darling, please finally kill that useless sack of flesh. He had to go through that with me? He pushed me into the closet with a sidekick..."

"After all, I had to save all the children after the palace started to burn. You're in my way... I'm the nanny. I acted with the utmost honor."

"After the idiot showed our children how to cast "ignite". Just a reminder, I seem to remember that I am the FATHER of the children."

She wakes up when she feels that Astarion Junior has gone to sleep in her hair and Sceleritas is curled up like a dog at her feet and is fast asleep... luckily it was all just a dream... or ???

https://tenor.com/bVYTz.gif

Last edited by Sini; 11/08/24 03:34 PM.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard