Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J
Originally Posted by fylimar
And I really don't get the Kar'niss hype - he seems to be pretty popular , especially as a romance option. Can someone explain that to me? I just don't understand it. He is pretty crazy, cruel and looks like a spider, everything screams 'run away'

I don't like Kar'niss one way or the other either- and I'm usually always a big fan of the villains- but I think him being crazy, cruel and spider-like is probably exactly what draws in his fans. He's "human" looking enough for, um, the tamer "monsterfuckers" (sorry, that's the real term for that section of the internet, I promise) to dig his look. I think his aesthetics are probably really appealing to a lot of goths.

I mean, I love Orin and she's also crazy, cruel and... milk-like? She probably stinks of corpses, and yet...

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by jinetemoranco
And I really don't get the Kar'niss hype - he seems to be pretty popular , especially as a romance option. Can someone explain that to me? I just don't understand it. He is pretty crazy, cruel and looks like a spider, everything screams 'run away'

I don't like Kar'niss one way or the other either- and I'm usually always a big fan of the villains- but I think him being crazy, cruel and spider-like is probably exactly what draws in his fans. He's "human" looking enough for, um, the tamer "monsterfuckers" (sorry, that's the real term for that section of the internet, I promise) to dig his look. I think his aesthetics are probably really appealing to a lot of goths.

I mean, I love Orin and she's also crazy, cruel and... milk-like? She probably stinks of corpses, and yet...

I'm a goth and I really don't like Kar'niss.

And Orin - she probably smells like a slaughterhouse, having that rotten flesh as armor...

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
I also found it strange that boy was just... there, with his parents murdered. Was it supposed to be a Batman reference or something?
Wonder if that was a scrapped mini quest.
There were quite a few NPCs in the city which I thought felt like they should lead somewhere. I think it is just consequence of act3 being a more traditional, passive experience in many ways. You find characters, stories and vignettes but they tend to not be as intricate or intractable as previous chapters. Comes with an attempt to build a sizeable city I suppose. Not bad, but a bit of a whiplash after chapter1.

J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J
@fylimar I'd confidently say I am a goth as well -well, not so much appearance wise these days compared to my youth, but still a goth inside :)- but that doesn't mean all goths will like the same characters, after all. I'm just saying I've seen a lot of goths like characters that share similar characteristics.

I suppose I can just wear a nose clip around Orin, problem solved <3

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
@fylimar I'd confidently say I am a goth as well -well, not so much appearance wise these days compared to my youth, but still a goth inside :)- but that doesn't mean all goths will like the same characters, after all. I'm just saying I've seen a lot of goths like characters that share similar characteristics.

I suppose I can just wear a nose clip around Orin, problem solved <3

I honestly never thought anyone would be drawn to Kar'niss until I encounter reddit, that is. But hey, people can fancy, what they like. As long, as I don't have to put up with him.

Doctor Who
And whoever suggested to replace Jaheira with spider boy - shame on you

Not my favourite druid.

smile

I meant Kar'niss as a optional alternative. No Jaheira hate.

I don't like Kar'niss one way or the other either- and I'm usually always a big fan of the villains- but I think him being crazy, cruel and spider-like is probably exactly what draws in his fans.

(...)

I think if you can get liking Orin, you can get liking Kar'niss and the other way around. I do not like Orin that much, but I like Kar'niss.

I don't want to speak on behalf of the Kar'niss romancers as I'm not part of that group, it can lead to wrong info and judgement. Having no problems with spiders, his acting is really superb. And as a villain he is really interesting, that is what I really like about him. I want to hear more of "his ma-je-sty" and see more of the interesting design on his face with all those extra eyes.
To me the most boring designs are the ones that looks exactly like a normal, run of the mill, human. Necessary sometimes I know, but not really that interesting.

I like Abdirak better than Karnis. If the crazy spider is a matter of taste, then Abdirak seems...such an adequate men with a strangely harmless addiction.(He-he).

I've seen more requests for Karnis not as a romantic interest, but as someone who can be saved. He has the original modeling in the game, he looks interesting (unless you're an arachnophobe), and is very quickly merged out of the scenario by a single cheating scene.

I stumbled more often on the romance requirement with He Who Was. Above that, only the romance requirement with Gortash and Raphael.

It would be interesting maybe not as a romance option, but as a companion without romance(Jaheira, Minsk) or at least someone who could be involved in the final battle (spiders to summon or some other thing). Although I can't imagine a giant spider roaming the city after you. The NPCs must have scattered in panic.

fylimar Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Mirmi
I like Abdirak better than Karnis. If the crazy spider is a matter of taste, then Abdirak seems...such an adequate men with a strangely harmless addiction.(He-he).

I've seen more requests for Karnis not as a romantic interest, but as someone who can be saved. He has the original modeling in the game, he looks interesting (unless you're an arachnophobe), and is very quickly merged out of the scenario by a single cheating scene.

I stumbled more often on the romance requirement with He Who Was. Above that, only the romance requirement with Gortash and Raphael.

It would be interesting maybe not as a romance option, but as a companion without romance(Jaheira, Minsk) or at least someone who could be involved in the final battle (spiders to summon or some other thing). Although I can't imagine a giant spider roaming the city after you. The NPCs must have scattered in panic.

I agree on Abdirak. He who was is doomed imo.Since it was stated that the shadowcurse can't be cured, he probably would turn into an abomination.

My topic wasn't about romances specifically, just generally interesting minor characters, but if I would be interested in romancing someone, it would be Korrilla or Florrick

Doctor Who
My topic wasn't about romances specifically, just generally interesting minor characters, but if I would be interested in romancing someone, it would be Korrilla or Florrick

Florrick, of course, is a woman with iron ...
And out of the burning house came out (with the help of the player, but still), and through the cursed lands went herself, and in prison managed to sit, trying to save the Duke. And gathered people for the rebellion.

Corilla, to be honest, did not like.

old hand
old hand
Talking about Florrick, I wondered

In all my PT's I save her from prison. Even in my durge run, I couldn't let her perish. But I can't help but wonder, if you don't rescue her within the 5 days that are announced on the posters, will she actually be hanged on the platform with the gallows ?

Last edited by ldo58; 07/07/24 09:34 PM.
Response:

Yes. After one of the updates, I had a game bug at this point, and Florrick didn't want to leave the prison at all. I dragged her both as an item and turned her into a sheep, but she kept going back to the stairs and just stand there. I gave up and left. And a couple nights later the game sent me a mission update with the message "you didn't save Florrick". And she was indeed hanging in the main street on the gallows where the temple of all gods and the main print shop are. In the center, as I recall.
There was another moment:

By the way, she can burn in the Vauquin shelter. I was walking by with Laezelle once and went straight to the pass to talk to the Githian woman. My character said: "There's something burning up there," to which I verbally replied to her: "I know, we'll come back later." I talked to Voss and left for the night. When I returned the next day, I found poor Florrick's charred corpse.

Last edited by Mirmi; 08/07/24 09:49 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Mirmi
Response:

Yes. After one of the updates, I had a game bug at this point, and Florrick didn't want to leave the prison at all. I dragged her both as an item and turned her into a sheep, but she kept going back to the stairs and just stand there. I gave up and left. And a couple nights later the game sent me a mission update with the message "you didn't save Florrick". And she was indeed hanging in the main street on the gallows where the temple of all gods and the main print shop are. In the center, as I recall.
Uck, I was curious but wouldn't want to see that.

There was another moment:

By the way, she can burn in the Vauquin shelter. I was walking by with Laezelle once and went straight to the pass to talk to the Githian woman. My character said: "There's something burning up there," to which I verbally replied to her: "I know, we'll come back later." I talked to Voss and left for the night. When I returned the next day, I found poor Florrick's charred corpse.
Yes there are other things like that, like when you spot Edowyn and his siblings from afar and then go on to come back later, the siblings will have gone and are now in the goblin camp.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard