Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#944297 23/06/24 09:13 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Can you ever use the paintings that you find around the place? Given how many there were, and the descriptions on them all, I wondered if you could put them up at camp. I decided to be cultured and collect them (but not sell them), but in the end they just all ended up in the storage crate.

Trantion #944299 23/06/24 09:53 PM
T
addict
Online Content
addict
T
Sadly, no.

Given the way camping works, with you going to different camp sites depending on your location. There's no real place where it makes any sense for paintings to be placed.

I mean, technically, as camp sites are persistent throughout a run, you can drop your paintings down about the place and they'll stay there whenever you go back to that particular campsite (You just have to remember to go back and pick them up if you want to move them to a new campsite)

It's one of the reasons why I would have loved if Baldur's Gate was like a central hub for the game, so we could have a persistent base of operations that we return to over the course of the game, allowing us to decorate it with things like paintings and trophies, having companions settle in and create their own spaces (Instead of just having a tent with a handful of junk scattered around) and the allies we accrue can also move in and perform their tasks and offer aid (Like vendors, companions etc).

But alas, this is not the case. We just have our many campsites and our poor old PC doesn't even get a tent to call their own in a single one...

Trantion #944301 23/06/24 10:42 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Thought so. When I started picking them up I was expecting to end up in a central location, but I think the best way to handle it would have been to have places marked in each campsite for the pictures and they just follow you, which makes as much sense as each of the origin characters having that massive tent that they don't sleep in anyway.

Trantion #944305 23/06/24 11:16 PM
old hand
old hand
Paintings don't seem to work, but there is one , most beautiful and exquisite, work of art that you can get into your camp.

I think that the only change you can make to the camp is your statue, "The real hero of Baldur's Gate", which you can order from boney and stoney in the circus in Rivington. It is crazy expensive, but I really would recommend to buy it, firstly for narcistic reasons, just to embellish your camp with YOUR statue, and secondly because it also gives you a nice permanent advantage.

Last edited by ldo58; 23/06/24 11:20 PM.
ldo58 #944314 24/06/24 09:23 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by ldo58
Paintings don't seem to work, but there is one , most beautiful and exquisite, work of art that you can get into your camp.

I saw that, I like the idea but my character didn't have a big enough ego to commission a statue of herself. My next character, though... (feels like I've been saying that a lot!)
Didn't know about the permanent advantage, though. Might have to turn up the difficulty next time if I'm playing with all the bonuses I turned down last time, like stuffing my face with tadpoles.

Trantion #944354 25/06/24 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Trantion
Originally Posted by ldo58

I saw that, I like the idea but my character didn't have a big enough ego to commission a statue of herself. My next character, though... (feels like I've been saying that a lot!)
Didn't know about the permanent advantage, though. Might have to turn up the difficulty next time if I'm playing with all the bonuses I turned down last time, like stuffing my face with tadpoles.

You can also get a statue made of one of your companions, instead. : )

Link Copied to Clipboard