Print Thread
#738578 24/11/20 06:44 PM
O
OcO Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
O
Roughly 10% of the population has colorblindness of one type or another. BG3 supposedly sold over a million copies on Steam which means potentially 100,000+ players that are trying to play the game colorblind.
I'm sure there are probably other things I haven't noticed(cause I can't tell that something is suppose to be different) but here are at least 2 slight changes that would be easy fixes for 2 things I have noticed.

Spell slots: Personally I can not tell which slots are still active and which are spent unless I mouse over a spell icon and see which slot starts flashing. Simple fix would be to "X" out spent spell slots rather than color them differently.

Minimap icons: The minimap icons for Friendly/Neutral/Enemy are all diamond shapes with different colored centers. Once again I can not tell which color is which so all 3 are just diamonds to me. I suggest changing the shape of 2 of those. Leave Friendly as a diamond, make Neutral a triangle(yield sign) and Enemy a octagon(stop sign) or maybe an "X" or some such.

Any other colorblind players notice things that could be slightly tweaked to make things easier for us to play the game?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Spell slots are my biggest issue. Too many times I've started a fight not realizing spell slots were used. An X or more contrasting color for available vs used. I'd even be happy with just adding text to the hover tool tip how many slots are available.

There might be even more things I'm simply not aware of but the spell slots are really a struggle as I can't tell them apart at all.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I second this !

apprentice
apprentice
+1 for awareness. I told my pal the other day, “click the red arrow looking thing” for magic missile /facepalm

_
stranger
stranger
_
Originally Posted by Acesover
Spell slots are my biggest issue. Too many times I've started a fight not realizing spell slots were used. An X or more contrasting color for available vs used. I'd even be happy with just adding text to the hover tool tip how many slots are available.

+1 for this.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Please add more options to the color os the spell slots, or remove the need for color at all, using a number or symbols. I can't differentiate between used and not used spell slots.

addict
addict
If you’re on a windows PC it has a color blind mode that may help.
Also, report it as a bug. iMO that will get it to someone that may be able to pass it along.
You won’t get much attention from Larian here.

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 24/06/24 04:01 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard