apprentice
Without angering everyone else is my question

May the Force be with you
T
addict
addict
T
Let her take you to her chamber.

Then, you can kill her before she calls for help (You can spam Hold Person on her freely until it sticks and then enter TB mode and beat her up if you need more than 1 round)

You can kill her, then if she called for help, leave the area before someone rings the bell (You can loot her key from her corpse and then enter her basement) which will reset the "Temporarily Hostile" effect on everyone else.

You can allow her to put a character to sleep (Has to be a non-elf), then have your party raid her basement while she's down there in dialogue with your character.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I was asking because last time I went to her chamber I closed the door behind me and when I killed her everyone in the area breaks the door in and I nearly lose my party

May the Force be with you
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by JEDIMASTER
I was asking because last time I went to her chamber I closed the door behind me and when I killed her everyone in the area breaks the door in and I nearly lose my party

If she gets an action she will cry out, raising alarm.

If you can't kill her before she gets an action then try to use silence on her or, as mentioned above, hold person.

If you allow someone--not an elf or half-elf--to drink the potion and fall asleep then you don't even have to kill her. When you're locked up in her cell an NPC will come to help you. That will be the end of Gut.

B
old hand
old hand
B
In one playthrough I went to her after crafting the Masterpiece weapon and - having won the INT roll - managed to Silence her and prevent her old lady's cry for help.
Yes - allowing her to imprison you is a safe way of getting rid of her and her bodyguard, thus opening the way to the Underdark for a lvl 3 party without difficult fights and Social Skills rolls.

veteran
veteran
shut the door and put a few items in front to block it tends to work well... at the very least it makes it easy to fight inside the room if you can't kill her before she calls the guards

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
1. Silence spell
2. A really lucky sneak attack

But I've found that it's easier to clear the goblin camp if she does call for help.

1. First kill or knock out the halfling merchant, kill her guards.
2. Kill the patrolling guard
3. Attack Gut
4. Cloud of daggers on door
5. Get out of of line of sight of door - either move, or use fog cloud
6. Goblins run into cloud of daggers
7. Win

veteran
veteran
In my experience the silence spell is a waste because she'll just jog outside of it and call for help. The best way I've found is to pickpocket her sleeping potion knock her out, then bring in everyone in for honorable combat.

Last edited by Sozz; 19/05/24 11:22 PM.
P
addict
addict
P
Steal all the barrels from the zhents and blow up the entire pit at once. Make sure your party is stealthed up in the rafters. Goblins can't be upset at you when they're dead (and also didn't see where that alchemist's fire came from).

But realistically, everyone else is right, get her alone in her room, and it should be easy. If she gets a turn she'll turn other's hostile, so either stun, silence, or just kill her in one round.

veteran
veteran
@Suzz i think we define 'honorable' different but yes

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
nothing suzz here

[Linked Image from peliculasrancias.wordpress.com]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Taril
Let her take you to her chamber.

Then, you can kill her before she calls for help (You can spam Hold Person on her freely until it sticks and then enter TB mode and beat her up if you need more than 1 round)

You can kill her, then if she called for help, leave the area before someone rings the bell (You can loot her key from her corpse and then enter her basement) which will reset the "Temporarily Hostile" effect on everyone else.

You can allow her to put a character to sleep (Has to be a non-elf), then have your party raid her basement while she's down there in dialogue with your character.

I think Hold Person is pretty reliable if you have Shadowheart or spellcaster with that one in the mix, that's my go to now. I've had it happen too many times where I forgot I was an Elf. Instead of initiating convo to drink the potion, just ping her with hold person until it lands to crit her for the dirt nap. Silence draws aggro immediately when it fails, but if she saves vs CC spell usually she just fires off the warning line so you can try a second time for the honour hehe. If she somehow gets off an alarm anyway with 1 HP, or you get caught up like that, you can break for the door to her inner chambers. Then dip to camp to regroup from there before someone hits a drum or Roah joins in the fray, since she has better stuff later on. If trying for Minthara KO, I like doing her then Glut, cause if you get stuck in the weeds and have to summon Lump you can draw aggro towards Ragzlin to make sure all the Ogres die with the INT boost. If you just want to post up in the rafters and take out all the drums while the gobbos get dropped by team Lump that's a pretty good show. Ideally though you just gut Gut immediately with Hold Person or Command Halt which is also pretty solid. There are two barrels of smoke powder in the area behind Ragzlin which can even the odds. like if you just want to blow her up with no fuss and then jet for the door. I think they're a little lighter than the firewine downstairs for a monty haul kaboom there. I feel like barrels are free game if they're just sitting right there across the way. Seems believable enough, like pretty much the same deal as magical arrows in the chest upstairs. You can also kite the goblins to one side or the other by using a darkness arrow if you want to funnel them around for dagger clouds and such, but I think it's easier to do those antics after the Minthara/Gut/Downstairs. If you're stuck with no spellslots trying not to wake Minthara from her beauty rest, the cost is 100 GP on a Shadowheart respec at Withers. I like Thunderheart Shadowheart, comes back from camp with shatter to wreck. Lae'zel with a barrel in her backpack can come pretty clutch. Guess it depends on who all is around. On a second out, sometimes it's just expedient to smoke em if you got em hehe

Last edited by Black_Elk; 12/06/24 06:41 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello, I like to let her bring me into her chamber and then my 3 companions go on the other side of that broken wall and literally jump into combat! Then I usually pray for good initiative so we can defeat her before she gets the chance to call for help.

Link Copied to Clipboard