Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#944521 02/07/24 06:28 PM
JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
My character is new to the grove. Walks in, feels the tension all around. Happens to pick up a shovel that doesn't belong to him, and immediately one of tieflings decides that he need to go to jail... forever. Forever.

There I am, guilty of picking up someone else's shovel, and my sentence is life imprisonment. I sat there for a long time. No word from anyone, no trial, nothing. They'd probably even let me starve back there.

VERSUS

The druids who have provided, albeit temporarily, a cozy reprieve from the road? Plenty of free items in crates all around, including food and bedrolls and even backpacks.

It also becomes clear early on that the druids at least offer the accused a trial. And when the young lady was found guilty, they put a time limit on the sentence.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
They didn't offer me a trial when I took the Idol. Could've been an honest mistake on my part yet they tried to slaughter me.

Then again no one seemed to care about Nettie. She's dead in the other room and I'm wearing her circlet.

B
old hand
old hand
B
Tieflings are a bunch of criminals. Look at Karlach - a gang enforcer before she was fully grown!
Thanks, Jan, in my next playthrough I'll back Khaga and the Shadow Druids.

L
L
Yeah, there's a mod that lets you do to the tiefling children what you can do to the goblin children.

Anyway, I'm currently playing a Durge who is just "not my problem" no matter what. Evil by inaction, I guess. I'm curious, what happens if you skip the tiefling party after saving Halsin and go straight to the Underdark? I'm guessing you just miss out on the reward?

Last edited by Liarie; 03/07/24 04:36 AM.
old hand
old hand
It's not the tieflings. I had to kill about twenty or so flaming fists, just because I took a fishhead on the upper floor of the Flymm house, while nobody was there. Apparently someone outside in the street had seen it through the window (on the fist floor!) and called the fists.
Or there was this guy at the orc tavern who begs you for a potion of healing. I gave one to him and then picked up a cabbage or tomato or something. Well it may have been a pouch, and he wouldn't let me! So I had to kill him also, and then all the patrons, the bartender and a dozen or so of flaming fists.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
Oh, and for the sake of argument, not that I'm really arguing, but rather a counterpoint; the tieflings don't have as much stuff.

addict
addict
They have devilish powers, they’ll be fine.

B
old hand
old hand
B
I want to recruit and romance Khaga. I can fix her! I can make her bestest manager of a Shadow Druid Grove evah!

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
One of the druids, Marcoyl I think, wasn't too happy after I took out the goblins. Or at least he didn't appreciate it. He told me it was time for me to leave and they took care of our kind long enough.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
In general I found the druids to be overbearing and annoying. Killing Kagha was the highlight of my day. Halsin needs to keep it in his pants or jump in a mulcher.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Veilburner
One of the druids, Marcoyl I think, wasn't too happy after I took out the goblins. Or at least he didn't appreciate it. He told me it was time for me to leave and they took care of our kind long enough.

He’s a member of MTGGA

Make the grove great again

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Veilburner

A few druids are definitely hostile to you when you speak to them inside the grove sanctum, and , from memory, these are the same that will side with Khaga when you get into the fight with her and the shadow druids. (That is only if Kharga fights you, if you persuade her to turn back to the light before the battle starts, none of the others go over either. It looks like they stay loyal to Khaga, whatever she does.)

Last edited by ldo58; 14/07/24 01:18 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard