Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
read a little on the owlbear cub and thought to go for it on my first more thorough run
i waited a while to actually enter the cave (by the time i actually entered i think i already took down the goblins on the outside of camp as well as dror/minthara/gut)
by the time i did enter i was in kind of a weird position where i nonlethal finished first the cub, then the mother, but properly killed the mate
thought i botched it for good so i cut my losses and moved on (originally hoping for a perfect honor run but wasn't meant to be, so single save only - i tried scumming my way out of it to my previous save but it had already saved)
after long rest the mother and cub's bodies were gone
i kept moving on for a while - i've done almost everything possible in act 1 and haven't entered creche path nor elevator in grymforge
i read a little on the cub since i assumed i was done with it for good but read some cases where it appears in the goblin camp later, but i've also read attacking it with nonlethal is basically the same as killing it
normally i think i'm locked out for good but i still hear this terrible squawking sound specifically around the goblin camp but can't find any cub
i didn't want to look into it too much for the sake of spoilers but curious if it's still possible to get it? thanks for any help

Signature. Up to 285 characters. You may use UBBCode in your signature.
veteran
veteran
Unfortunately am afraid you are out of luck, as knocking out a hostile NPC permanently despawns them from the game after a long-rest.

Knockout only works when a target is Temporarily Hostile (by having the tag under their name) and with rare special exceptions like Fezzerk or Minthara who are intended to survive the knockout despite their hostilities.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
ahh ok thanks man

Signature. Up to 285 characters. You may use UBBCode in your signature.

Link Copied to Clipboard