Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Silver/ Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
S
I made sure not to leave and rest anywhere, so that the smith doesn't get hard stuck. Nonetheless, I always forget the correct order of doing things, and after trying for the last 10 minutes, the smith is once again not moving. I can't insert anything ("I can't do that right now"), pressing the lever does nothing, I can't figure out how to make it move down frown

S
Silver/ Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
S
I've tried inserting the items from my inventory and my bar, but it leads to the same error message. I think last time the inventory wouldn't work, but the bar did. That unfortunately doesn't do the trick anymore.

S
Silver/ Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
S
I'd leave and move on, but if I do, the smith will most likely be hard stuck again and not work the entire run. If I've gotten unlucky, it might already be hard stuck despite not leaving.

I'm so angry and disappointed. I've waited months to try again on a hopefully bugless run. None of the old bugs got fixed, and I have several new ones!

I've tried doing the emergency fix of featherfall + downstairs lever, but this also not only means I won't be able to get to smith to work normally after killing Grym, but somehow, the lava valve is stuck too! No Grym and no gear

Update 2: once the platform is lowered, it cannot be raised again, so fiddling with the buttons is not on the table.

Update 3: After reloading an old, old save, I've gotten the mold inserted, but inserting the ore leads to a "combination not possible" error message. If this was actual honour mode and not modded honour mode, even that would have been impossible. I've said it before and I'll say it again, having only only safe is like stating: "Hardbrick my game, pretty please".

Update 4: OFFICIAL FIX: IN CASE ANYONE ELSE IS LOOKING FOR THIS:

Step 1: reload a safe from before you clicked anything on the grymforge
Step 2: EMPTY your inventory as far as possible. This is incredibly important, as having too many items causes the game not to recognise the ore
Step 3: Make sure everything else is showing the correct animation. It should say something about a cutscene. If it does not, close the window, run around in a circle, and keep trying
Step 4: the ore should now be recognised and capable of being inserted
Step 5: the lava valve should theoretically work, but who knows.

Additional hints: do under no circumstance shoot the platform down and make sure you have the lock for moving items open, not closed. Either of these can mess up the process. All steps compiled from multiple Reddit posts. Doing anything out of order will permanently glitch the forge as well.

WARNING: THE FORGE IS STILL BROKEN, SO YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO CREATE ONE ITEM!!

Like almost a year ago, it will glitch after Grym is killed and reject all further item inputs, even if Grym was killed by hand (not Hammer), and his corpse is not blocking the forge.

Link Copied to Clipboard