Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
T
Started a new playthrough after about a month away. My usual approach is as follows:
1) Take out Gut cleanly and quietly by hitting her with the Silence spell;
2) Make my way into the farthest room to the left of the Ragzlin's area and clean out the three jabberers there;
3) Go into the next room to remove the trash (and free that one goblin just because);
4) Throw barrels at Ragzlin - or, rather, throw fire at barrels that have been subtly and mysteriously placed in front of Ragzlin.

At all stages, I'm careful to close doors, watch patrols, etc. The usual result was that I could clear all four areas without alerting anyone, and walk into Minthara's area with no one being the wiser. Now, though, at stages 2-4, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get "caught" no matter what I do, usually by someone well out of attack range and guaranteed to reach a wardrum before I can snipe it.

Did something change in the "got caught/arrested" system? Granted, it was wonky before, but now I'm lucky to step into Ragzlin's room without getting immediately attacked.

S
old hand
old hand
S
I have been "caught" at stage 4 since always -- that is, Minthara and pretty much everyone turns permanently hostile, even if I'm not seen. No war drum needed. They also know where I am. It doesn't seem to matter how they're attacked, but it's been very, very long since I last tested this. Maybe it changed. I definitely haven't been arrested in my recent playthrough, and I killed Minthara with Halsin before Ragzlin. If you do it in this order, Ragzlin and company are guaranteed to spot you through the broken wall, if not as soon as you open the door (attacking Minthara also turns everyone hostile for me).

However, you are not the first person to report this bug this month. People have been getting mysteriously arrested when seemingly unseen. In my case, they don't even try to arrest you, unless you fail to deal lethal damage.

Coincidentally, attacking Ragzlin did attract those 3 goblins in my playthrough immediately -- no war drum needed. However, I didn't think much of it since Minthara was already dead. They're usually perma hostile, but don't necessarily notice an attack on Ragzlin, depending. This link could go both ways.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Normally you are always hostile to the goblins once 2 of the 3 bosses are dead. There is also a debuff "Enemy of the Guard" or something similar, which you get if you kill a guard and there were witnesses and they survived. With this debuff you will also be attacked immediately. Sometimes there is a bug that the debuff doesn't disappear.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
veteran
veteran
yes Larian changed it twice

its still possible to do the order you have but results depend on [when / if] the guards are called and the drum used i.e, princess Gut calling the guards to "get in here" is a different scrypt to guards seeing you attack someone and showing up to arrest you

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.

Link Copied to Clipboard