Print Thread
F
Frindis Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Greetings Community,

I have completed BG3 on my Ranger Drow and will now join a group of friends for a second playthrough. I'm thinking that perhaps Dark Urge will add some spice to the group, but at the same time, I don't want to destroy their first playthrough. So, for those of you who have already done something similar, how big of a difference will it be, and is the difference grave enough that you would not recommend it with new players? Would it be a fun experience for the rest of the group is also something I am wondering about.

Thank you for the assistance,

-Frindis

veteran
veteran
difference = night and day... as to if thats fun or not

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Frindis
Greetings Community,

I have completed BG3 on my Ranger Drow and will now join a group of friends for a second playthrough. I'm thinking that perhaps Dark Urge will add some spice to the group, but at the same time, I don't want to destroy their first playthrough. So, for those of you who have already done something similar, how big of a difference will it be, and is the difference grave enough that you would not recommend it with new players? Would it be a fun experience for the rest of the group is also something I am wondering about.

Thank you for the assistance,

-Frindis

I would not do it, if they are new to BG and DnD. The Durge story is pretty lore heavy and when they experience it in this group playthrough, the surprise is gone for their own games. Plus, depending on if you want to resist or not, you can very easily destroy their agency. If you decide to go full Durge and for example kill Isobel, you just rob them of a ton of npcs and storylines in act 3.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who

Link Copied to Clipboard