Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Greetings,

[INTRODUCTION]
I have recently reinstalled the game for some melancholia and fun...i still love it like im playing it the 1st time, and im still getting angry cause even if i patched it to 1.34 and i still noticed some bugs in quests (or encountered new ones for me)

But anyways, thats not my point - the point is - this playthrough im playing it a little...more buffed - i already used the item editor(along with other thingies) i found on this site to help in changing my sight and hearing

(yes i have read i think all the threads regarding cheating/editing in this game --- but my thread youll see is different, has some new things)

[GETTING TO THE CHASE - ACTUAL INFORMATION]
But what i really wanna work on are skills, and i did manage to change a thing or two.

=====================MODDING SKILLS=====================

***important thing starts here***
if you open the props.000 with a hex editor, everything is there for the picking, almost too easy!

(the props.000 can be found in GAMEDIR/Run/dat)

all the skills are there, and even the potions too

and in a very easy form:

SKILLNAME --- xx --- y1 --- y2 --- y3 --- y4 --- y5 --- zz

xx = i think is # of levels of a skill,how high it can be upgraded (because all values are 05, and all skills can be upgraded 5 times also...i did try to change that for a skill into a 01 but in game that skill still could be upgraded )

y1 -> y5 = values for the skills,
you can change:
-cooldowns
-levels of summons
-bonuses
-damage
-manacost
mostly anything

zz = i have no idea what this hides, and it drives me crazy, can somebody help me with this? pretty please?

--------help me with this freakin zz--------
i cant find no logical connection for zz

((1)) could it be the level required for when you can first learn a skill? dont think so
((2)) could it be the level difference required to upgrade the skill? dont think so
((3)) could it be the position it has in the spellbook?

what i found out so far - a,b,c
(a)heres an example:
traders tongue has a 15 value (text)
magic barrier has 17
rangers sight - 19

youll say , OOH, this is easy and logical, it seems it goes from 2 to 2 and from top to bottom then from left to right?
!!WRONG!!
next in line with 21 would be aura of command, but nope, wisdom is with 21

cant freakin find the logic, im sure there is a role for those values

(b)heres another example
traders tongue = 15, but so does evade trap and know creature
pickpocket = 14, but so does true sight
charm = 16 , and deadly gift
lockpick = 18

what makes some skills have the same values??
what makes similar skills have different ones?? (like passives for example)

(c) and there are skills with 2 parts of information, for example survivors instinct has a row for the hp you regen and a row for the time hp gets regenerated

--------What i want--------
***i want to higher and lower some skill level requirements, and that is one thing i have no idea how to do it, maybe some of you guys can help? (i hope)
-example, i already found out a way to modify the survivor instinct hp rate and hp ammount, but i want it to be available from lvl 1 and the from 10 to 10 levels (aproximately)

***I WANT SPLASH DAMAGE FOR SKILLS too many skills are single target ones, the meteor strike should have aoe!!! (one example)

=====================MODDING ITEMS=====================

here is my contribution - i noticed you can also open the treasure.000 (GAMEDIR/Run/dat) to edit items, but who needs that when you have the item editor?

i saw you guys already talked about modding some weapons here
and on the 2nd page there, Faughn said a very useful thing, but i didnt try adding skills to amulets yet, can someone confirm thats working?

!!!!!BUT i would like to make rings and amulets have armor now too, is that possible? i think it can be edited here?
cause i wanna run naked playing this game cause im a sexy beast survivor and dont wanna cover my tight leather armor from gamestart with those other armors that make me look fat

!!!!!Can we add splash damage to items? i find it ridiculous that i have this mammoth ass halberd that has a beautiful scything animation but no splash damage? COME OOOOON, look at it! its humongous, this behemoth blade should have CLEAVE ATTACK! (runs to bed and cries in pillow)

a question: if i edit an item to give me a specific skill, would that skill apply if i havent learned it yet? (lets say i cant mod the skill to learn it faster than the lvl req)

=====================MODDING A CHARACTER=====================

Destruct posted lots of useful information in the thread called Some more hex offsets...

Some dude already tried a trick by making a survivor-warrior hybrid, he wanted something pretty similar to what i wanted - a survivor hero which can have lots of strength to carry lots of items, but not boost his damage too much BUT ALSO to have the warriors special ability
He did manage to change that, but the skin of the character also turns into warriro, so you get a warriror with war's special ability but a survivors attribute bonuses

What i want - a total survivor which has ONLY the warrior special ability (cause if i wanna sneak i can just drink a shadows potion) and i freakin need that splash(because im pretty sure it wont be possible to make some items do cleave attack or make some spells do aoe) dammit!
But is that possible? im thinking that would require a special animation for it yes?

A
stranger
stranger
A
If you are still on these forums. Could you explain the offset of the skills and data? Your post is hard to follow with no byte sizes or hex offsets.

R
stranger
stranger
R

A
stranger
stranger
A
It worked! It was so easy to use too. Thanks!

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard