Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
The fisherman Marcus seems like a solid guy. He saw what happened and came to help folks. It cost him his life.

Oddly, when you speak to him on the beach with speak w/ dead, he says two things that are curious.

1. When asked if there were any survivors of the crash, he says a beautiful woman. Couldn't look away. Went west, others followed.
2. When asked if there were any other survivors, he mentions an elf. Went north, up the beach.

Someone might claim that the elf was Astarion, but I'm not sure. It's especially odd as an answer when Astarion is the one asking the question.

But who's the woman?

I wonder if this is the remnant of some content that never made it into the game.

L
L
I think I read somewhere that in EA, Mizora used to be the one who was in that pod under the bridge. Apparently Wyll had to track her down or something?

veteran
veteran
Just a forgotten remnant from very old Early Access days back when Shadowheart wasn't even rescuable from her pod (until options to do so got patched in sometime early 2021) and when Mizora's story was about Wyll rescuing her from goblins that abducted her, which explained the dead goblins next to Gale's portal (along with Mizora's actual pod smelling of sulfur, which allowed us to question Wyll about it by passing a check).

• The elf part is always referring to Shadowheart; who at the time could only ever be found north up the beach banging against the door. No new lines were added to account for her being unconscious if she was rescued.
  • As for the beautiful woman; although 100% proof doesn't exist anymore due to extensive Wyll & Mizora's rewrites for full release (unless one asks the EA writers directly), it pretty much implies it was Mizora because the only two attractive women who were present at the site with other parties involved were Mizora and Karlach (though she was just a placeholder template at the time). Considering how mesmerized the fisherman was by the woman's beauty, someone as luscious as Mizora is the only logical conclusion here since she did in fact go West (with the other goblins).

It's similar to other outdated Early Access remnants such as Ragzlin yelling "Crush him!" to a female character, the goblin warlock at Minthara's party referring to the Absolute as "Him" or the party commenting about someone climbing that hole in Grymforge's kitchen area despite Larian patching that entire wall up for full release.

JandK Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Another odd speak with dead involves the tiefling being eaten by the ogres. For one, I'm not sure how that doesn't count as "too damaged" to talk to, but that aside...

When asked if she has any valuables, she claims, "True sight, no coin." Or something along those lines.

Back in Ye Olde Early Access days, the fishermen by the dying illithid also had some strange, interesting things to say.

veteran
veteran
Oh yeah, I actually never understood what the tiefling lady meant with that line. I even went as far as taking her uniquely inscribed pendant to Zorru since they were friends (unfortunately he has nothing to say about it #disappointed) and putting a soul coin on her, but alas nothing.

I think some are just intentionally written to be weird, like the Drow at Waukeen's Rest. Has a unique drow armor that companions comment about, but when asked what his profession is; MALE grin

addict
addict
Wish they had kept the 3 fishermen trying to rescue the injured Mindflayer, it added some RP opportunities.

Link Copied to Clipboard