Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 60 of 60 1 2 58 59 60
Online Content
I agree that the situations are comparable.
As a SA survivor, the new animations are triggering me now. I can't play it anymore because of that. And I'm on console, so I can't use that new mod, which brings the old animations back.

Patch 6 is still active on consoles, so you can still follow your game.

"Now, was that civilized? No, clearly not. Fun, but in no sense civilized" ~ Braingremlin
Online Content
Yes, I know. I meant that when Patch 7 comes to consoles, this mod needs to be officially included in the list of mods available on consoles. And I very much doubt it will be there.
As for following my own game, no, I can't. This is my weird mental block: I can't play something which I know is not canon anymore. And especially I can't play something which canon I know and it's triggering me. Like, yes, I know it's not currently in my game, but I still know already what the real canon is. And it gives me creeps. It's irrational, I know, but I can't help myself. So, yeah, right now I'm watching my friend's playthrough instead of playing myself.
So I hope Larian will fix this issue before October.

Last edited by Rote90; 09/09/24 04:43 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by VitaminBear
Fair regarding Nexus, but I think the situations are comparable; we've known since patch 6's launch that Larian was working on mod support, and we knew that Larian was planning to bring those mods to console. Because patch 7 is delayed for console users (and mod support with it) those who want to keep the old kisses back on console will be out of luck when it launches, as there's no guarantee someone will create a mod to revert those changes, or if they do, it won't necessarily be compatible. Additionally, I think there was a higher chance of the smiling mod being carried over to console in some shape or form, based on the mod's popularity.

There is already a mod to revert to the Patch 6 facial expression if you are unhappy with the new animations.

To be honest, if the ‘happy’ facial expression mod was so popular then I’d argue that should support them keeping these expression. There are still people using the happy facial expressions mod since they find the new expressions too neutral too. That’s why I feel it’s a good compromise. None of the other companions have ‘negative / disgusted’ facial expressions, and I think it should stay that way.

I am trying to be as respectful as possible but this conversation can be frustrating since these negative / disgusted facial expressions from Patch 6 led to many fans proudly posturing about how ‘Larian had to dumb down the story to show you that you’re being abuse.’ I do not think they intend to ruin anyone experience with the game which is why they landed on more neutral expressions overall compared to the other companion kisses. I think that’s a fair compromise even though I’d prefer happier kisses myself.

Online Confused
Originally Posted by Lorna
Larian is awesome for listening the community. Thank you!

I'm still surprised to see people complaining again, I think the change now is good and quite neutral in my opinion, it should have been like that from the beginning to avoid all these problems. The change has been made for a reason so I'd like to ask fans to stop the war around this matter please. Each person has their preferences and headcanon so let's respect everyone, especially Larian for all the hard work they're doing improving the game and trying to make everyone happy!

Fortunately we have a wonderful modding community so if anyone is still disappointed they can make their own fantasies come true!

Very true! Players can still play on patch 6 until they get mod support and find a mod that suits them!

I'm also really happy to see how the new evil endings turned out. And it looks like they've softened some of the AA epilogue expressions, which was a wonderful surprise. That wasn't something any of us had requested. But knowing AA was received and read so harshly, I'm pleased to see Larian trying to course correct.

Happens all the time in writing workshops. You put your work out, hear what others think, go "woah...that's not what I meant," then rehash and fix up what you need to make it better align with your vision. And I really think Larian did a fantastic job with that! Being evil in Faerun has never been more fun >:)

?
journeyman
journeyman
?
Originally Posted by Rote90
As a SA survivor, the new animations are triggering me now. I can't play it anymore because of that. And I'm on console, so I can't use that new mod, which brings the old animations back.

I'm sorry, that really sucks. I hope you're doing okay. Please take care of yourself. 🫂 The new animations disturb me too. I would have liked actually neutral expressions so that everyone could just see whatever they wanted to see. Tav/Durge is definitely smiling/smirking in some of these updated kisses. The old exaggerated upset expressions were goofy, but after this change they now actively distress me. :\

Online Content
Originally Posted by 🌸Yume🌸
Originally Posted by Rote90

I'm sorry, that really sucks. I hope you're doing okay. Please take care of yourself. 🫂 The new animations disturb me too. I would have liked actually neutral expressions so that everyone could just see whatever they wanted to see. Tav/Durge is definitely smiling/smirking in some of these updated kisses. The old exaggerated upset expressions were goofy, but after this change they now actively distress me. :\

Thank you very much! Yeah, I'm okay, because this is just a game, so I can just stop romancing AA in the future, especially because I also love his Spawn route just as well. But it makes me very sad, because this was a therapeutic experience for me - to being able to process all this in a safe game environment and being able to shut the game down any time I want.

Actually, I don't want to put any more pressure on Larian, so - no - I'm NOT asking to change it once AGAIN. I think that, since both scared and happy animations already exist, the best solution would be to just give an option to choose whether your Tav is happy or scared. IMO, this is the best compromise. Because I really feel like it's TOO MUCH to ask Larian to redo this animation once again. Especially when Spawn's kisses are still bugged and don't trigger, it's obvious that they really have worked on AA enough already.
Just give me an option to choose the old scared Tav expressions and I will be happy.

Last edited by Rote90; 10/09/24 01:24 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I’m genuinely baffled this thread hasn’t been locked. Just looking at the first page is full of attacks against individual preference and roleplay.

addict
addict
Huge thanks to Larian for fixing the bug regarding Tav's facial expressions in Ascended Astarion's kisses! The romance with Astarion is now a romance again and the game can now be played without mods! There is now passion and expression and playfulness between Astarion and Tav. Sure, Tav's facial expressions could have been happier at some points, but either way, these are now normal facial expressions appropriate for the love story of Astarion and his lawful consort Tav! The kneeling smile is just perfect. I'm glad that love has conquered violence and I can now express my love for my dearest character, Astarion, who will never be hurt again in my world, who will always smile at the sun and I will smile at him.

Originally Posted by Natasy
Being evil in Faerun has never been more fun >:)

Indeed! I am now the most contented and affectionate villain in all of Faerûn! <3

On a separate note, I want to thank Larian for pushing the boundaries of my perception regarding BDSM culture. Previously, I had only played with classic romance and didn't expect anything like this from the game (and I didn't even expect to meet a character like Astarion, who you can fall in love with so much astarionhappy astarioncool). And while the first time I kneeled before Astarion solely because “it was necessary”, “‘spite the good’, to prevent that tragedy when he remains a spawn forever, now I get a real pleasure from this dynamic. I see it as caring for him, as an opportunity to make him feel special, as complete and unconditional acceptance and love. I love to roleplay a character with a strong inner core, wise and understanding, deeply loving and loyal, caring, empathic and sensitive to the one she loves. I think Astarion is well suited for such a consort to heal his wounds and make him happy. And I'm glad that Astarion can now also see the face of his beloved bride, and not some obscure character from a video with a slightly different rating than what the game is even designed for. Astarion's kisses are now okay, and a game as interesting and wonderful as BG3 no longer has the black hole of low-quality fanfic gaping at the romantic path of one of its most colorful companions. BG3 now, already sincerely, can be called a successful and unusual RPG, which allows you to play it, making your own right choice!

Last edited by Marielle; 10/09/24 10:47 AM.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Now I've seen the update in full - I'm glad the fans were heard and Larian realized what was wrong, agreed with the feedback.
I still have a small suggestion to do rough - gentle as in turning night.

Considering there is no acceptable quest in the game to understand and explore these manners in Astarion.
This setting on release in an intimate scene was a wise good decision to make people feel comfortable. And also brought some needed balance to Astarion.
There wasn't much of that in the fanservice for February 14.

I also have a strong opinion on the option in the kisses for AA - a scared face or neutral (like the “dead inside” hints used, dissociation) in the intimate stuff should not be there. It would just make Astarion a
sexual abuser
with an option.
If he acts like Tav is fine with it - it looks like enjoying Tav's suffering.
This removes the complexity, the dilemma of the path in both cases.

It would be the same kind of character assassination that February 14 was.
And assassination of the original intimacy scenario with Astarion, where everyone consented and if they consented, enjoyed it.

I really hope this damage doesn't happen on the next February 14, Christmas or any other day, by patch or hotfix.

I feel like I will only thank Larian from the bottom of my heart when I see the finished work.

addict
addict
LiryFire, I fully support your suggestion! The option to choose between “gentle” and “rough” in kisses would be perfect for all AA fans (there are players who are triggered in one way or another by the animations themselves, so being able to choose a gentle kiss would help a lot). It would also help to reveal Astarion's character from different sides, it's a multifaceted character, he can be both gentle and strong, dominant, possessive and loving.

Also strongly opposed to scared or neutral faces.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Like I said in the other thread, adding gentle animations will bring forth incredibly problematic implications not only about his character but also put larian in hot waters. The fact that you can’t see that is a problem.

apprentice
apprentice
Gentle animations would not put Larian in hot water. They'd hardly be the first dev to have a questionable relationship in their game. Most people are aware this is a video game and not real and including content is not an endorsement of what happens to be in it.

Hell in Pathfinder Wrath of the Rigtheous (Warning for abusive relationships and death)

Demon PC can literally strangle Sosiel to death in a very typical manner for an abusive partner to be killed when he tries to break up with the player.
Does that mean OC encourages stuff like that? Of course not.

Last edited by Ryzaki; 15/09/24 12:19 PM.
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
I locked the thread discussing patch 7 animations yesterday and said I'd unlock it later today after heat has had time to simmer down and all of us who would prefer to have a break from repetitive posting on this topic have had one.

Please don't try to pick up the discussion in this thread, which was about patch 6 animations, as that may be considered to be evading moderation as well as derailing this thread.

I will also lock this thread if this one also gets repetitive with the same few voices saying the same few things, and particularly it the discussion isn't friendly and welcoming to different viewpoints.

I would actually strongly encourage everyone who has posted a lot on this topic to take a break, but as long as you are using the forum considerately and in accordance with the rules that is your call.

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
stranger
stranger
Dear team Larian,

I would like to express my deep gratitude for your work on the game and for taking into account the players' feedback. I would especially like to acknowledge your correction in patch 7, which brought the happy expressions in the kisses with Ascended Astarion back in line with the original script, allowing us to enjoy the game in its true form. Dead dove has never had a place on this route and this was added by mistake. I hope all of this will be a thing of the past.

Thank you for your efforts and for continuing to delight us with your outstanding work.

I also want to congratulate and thank all the fans of Ascended Astarion in this thread, and all the discussants. It has truly been a pleasure to see the cohesion and mutual support we have all shown over the past six months. Your passion and dedication to the character has really kept me going.

Page 60 of 60 1 2 58 59 60

Link Copied to Clipboard