Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Yes, I hope the Elminster responses fixed to! The other companions apparently do have comments for Gale Origin, but people have only found them in parsed dialogue. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Salo Online Happy OP
Community Manager
OP Online Happy
Community Manager
Originally Posted by Ussnorway
so just to clear, this beta test is for Steam on Pc only yes?
Gog, mac xbox etc need not apply
Yes, the Beta for Patch 7 will be only through Steam, the registration can be accessed through the Baldur's Gate 3 game page, right under "add to cart".

Also, thank you all for the reports! Please, remember the fastest way to get them to the team is to report them directly to support (if you haven't done so yet): https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Salo
In Patch 7, we’ve made improvements to the facial animations of your character during some kissing cinematics, including with the ascended Astarion.

[Linked Image from clan.akamai.steamstatic.com]

Thank you! It was very important for us. Can you please tell me if the animation of Ascended Astarion's kisses will remain the same? Will Tav still get slapped in response to trying to kiss Astarion (kiss with a bite)? And will Tav still be passive and not touch Astarion in kisses, or can we hope for some improvements on this issue as well? Either way thank you very much for the change in facial expressions!

We’ve fixed Wyll’s dialogue reactivity during the epilogue for partnered players who have either joined Karlach in the Hells or Lae'zel in the rebellion, and we also determined there simply weren’t enough opportunities to kiss Wyll during the epilogue. This update rectifies that with the option to ask for a kiss in more paths of Wyll’s epilogue dialogue.

Astarion doesn't get a single opportunity to kiss him in the epilogue at all. Not a single one. He's the only romantic companion who can't even be hugged in the epilogue (Ascended). Will the ability to kiss Astarion in the epilogue be added?

Last edited by Marielle; 17/07/24 11:08 AM.

One life, one love - until the world falls down.
veteran
veteran
I'm sorry but can the Astarion fans be content for once? He is the character with the most content already, you drove the whole forum crazy for that kiss change. Can you please take a backseat and let the real problems get solved now? Broken arcane trickster, Wyll still not being able to make his own decisions, codexes not working, not a lot of reactivity in act 3.

I'm happy for you, truely, but now other things should get focussed too.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by fylimar
I'm sorry but can the Astarion fans be content for once?

As an Astartion fan I'm extremly happy! biggrin I'm also really glad to see Wyll get some updates, and I'm hoping for more for Minthara even through it's not stated in the post. The evil teaser endings looks so good, I can not wait!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by KiraMira
I'm sorry but can the Astarion fans be content for once?

As an Astartion fan I'm extremly happy! biggrin I'm also really glad to see Wyll get some updates, and I'm hoping for more for Minthara even through it's not stated in the post. The evil teaser endings looks so good, I can not wait!

Thank you. There is so much, I would like to address apart from what I wrote above, like the toilet chain ( I think Tuco invented that word and it just stuck) not really working, meaning the patching of companions and summons.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the game, but since there are still updates planned, it's worth getting it out. The several romance fans were pretty loud ( and the poor Minthara fans rightfully so, she is a total buggy mess) and I fear it drained out other more important issues. What good is it, if Astarion is now the perfect kisser, if he fails your honour mode, because due to bad pacing he manages to aggro the whole map ( yes, that happened, not to me, but a friend)

Doctor Who
Originally Posted by Marielle
We’ve fixed Wyll’s dialogue reactivity during the epilogue for partnered players who have either joined Karlach in the Hells or Lae'zel in the rebellion, and we also determined there simply weren’t enough opportunities to kiss Wyll during the epilogue. This update rectifies that with the option to ask for a kiss in more paths of Wyll’s epilogue dialogue.

Astarion doesn't get a single opportunity to kiss him in the epilogue at all. Not a single one. He's the only romantic companion who can't even be hugged in the epilogue (Ascended). Will the ability to kiss Astarion in the epilogue be added?
Yes since we are talking about Wyll getting dialogue improvements for his epilogue kiss - will Astarion also get an epilogue kiss? Neither the spawn nor ascended get a kiss at all in the epilogue, although the other companions do.

Originally Posted by KiraMira
Minthara definitely deserves some attention in this update. She is one of the only evil companions and would oftentimes get neglected or keep getting more bugs in updates.
And I'm excited smile Also relieved for those who were hurt or triggered by what was added in the last patch.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Mirmi
As of today:
Noticed the following errors:
1. Something strange is happening in the cave with the owlbear. If the mother calls for a helper in the form of a male (legendary action), the child remains hostile after killing them and cannot be recruited in the future.

You have to kill the mate first, then the mom. If you do it in that order then the cub will trigger the scene correctly.

However, if you kill the mom first and then the mate, the cub will remain hostile.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Celesti4
Yes since we are talking about Wyll getting dialogue improvements for his epilogue kiss - will Astarion also get an epilogue kiss? Neither the spawn nor ascended get a kiss at all in the epilogue, although the other companions do.

[/quote]

Really? Now you are complaining, because the companion with the least content gets something that your golden boy, who is the centre of everything, doesn't have?
Wylls epilogue was bugged to hell and that through patches - and it was ignored because the Wyll fans seem to be pretty chill and don't complain a lot.

I wish, Larian would leave the romance content be and focus on story and bug fixes instead. I'm a bit tired to hear the complaints after every patch, because how dare Larian not cater to every romance and sex fantasy out there. They can't win this one.

Doctor Who
Really? Now you are complaining, because the companion with the least content gets something that your golden boy, who is the centre of everything, doesn't have?
Wylls epilogue was bugged to hell and that through patches - and it was ignored because the Wyll fans seem to be pretty chill and don't complain a lot.

I wish, Larian would leave the romance content be and focus on story and bug fixes instead. I'm a bit tired to hear the complaints after every patch, because how dare Larian not cater to every romance and sex fantasy out there. They can't win this one.

I'm not complaining. I simply asked a question. I suppose you weren't paying attention when I said I was excited and relieved. I'm very thankful that things are being addressed. You are being very negative towards me, when I said nothing negative about Wyll or the updates he's receiving. lol smile

veteran
veteran

I'm not complaining. I simply asked a question. I suppose you weren't paying attention when I said I was excited and relieved. I'm very thankful that things are being addressed. You are being very negative towards me, when I said nothing negative about Wyll or the updates he's receiving. lol smile

Oh, don't play the victim here. Yes, you said, you are happy, but you are the second of the AA circle pointing to Wylls new content today and saying "We want too". So pardon me, when I see a new Astarion campaign rolling through the forum, after we didn't even have time to recover from the last one.

Last edited by fylimar; 17/07/24 03:27 PM.

Doctor Who
@fylimar I caught you accusing me of gaslighting you before you edited it. I can express my opinion if I want. It's not specifically about Wyll. I saw that epilogue kisses were mentioned, so I made a comment.

veteran
veteran
@fylimar I caught you accusing me of gaslighting you before you edited it. I can express my opinion if I want. It's not specifically about Wyll. I saw that epilogue kisses were mentioned, so I made a comment.

I don't know, what your problem is, I can be allowed to have a different opinion than you and now I think we should go back to topic. And yes, I changed my answer, that is actually allowed too. I was angry of you accusing me and cooled down.

Doctor Who

I don't know, what your problem is, I can be allowed to have a different opinion than you and now I think we should go back to topic. And yes, I changed my answer, that is actually allowed too. I was angry of you accusing me and cooled down.

Evidently you have the problem, not me. I always try my best to ignore you, even when you're being unnecessarily aggressive and negative. My suggestion is that you stop getting so caught up with the "Me vs. Them" mentality -- that's very dangerous. You attacked me out of nowhere. Reported.

You didn't just have a "different opinion." I'm open to other opinions. You're being uncivil and rude to me, and directed your aggressive comments at me specifically.

veteran
veteran

You have the problem, not me. I always try my best to ignore you, even when you're being unnecessarily aggressive and negative. My suggestion is that you stop getting so caught up with the "Me vs. Them" mentality -- that's very dangerous. You attacked me out of nowhere. Reported.

You report me for having a different opinion? Alright then. You might want to check your messages though, it's pretty important and not related to this.

Doctor Who
addict
addict
I don’t play the Arcane Trickster- what is bugged about it? Honestly curious?

addict
addict
Can Minthara finally get out of early access and get some love?

The list of issues is long: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=940248#Post940248

Oh, don't play the victim here. Yes, you said, you are happy, but you are the second of the AA circle pointing to Wylls new content today and saying "We want too". So pardon me, when I see a new Astarion campaign rolling through the forum, after we didn't even have time to recover from the last one.

This is something that's been complained about since patch 5, so it's nothing new. Patch 6 issues simply made this one take a back seat.

Speaking of Astarion, can his hilariously animated model be fixed?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Unfortunately, or fortunately, this isn't just a problem with the pale elf, but with any male character of a given build if you strip him down to his waist. It's just evident in this scene.
Summon a male model of not strong build from Dzhergal (tiefling druid for example) and talk to him. He will have the same hands).
When they're clothed, it's not as conspicuous. But I consider it a small thing.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Mirmi; 17/07/24 07:19 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Mirmi
Unfortunately, or fortunately, this isn't just a problem with the pale elf, but with any male character of a given build if you strip him down to his waist. It's just that this scene shows it well.
Summon a male model of not strong build from Dzhergal (tiefling druid for example) and talk to him. He will have the same hands).
When they're clothed, it's not as conspicuous either. But I consider it a small thing.

Thanks for the info, I never noticed it until I saw this scene, since Astarion is quite expressive in it and it became very obvious that something was wrong. This is clearly visible even when he's clothed.

Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
A reminder that everyone is free to suggest whatever features they want in the game, and others are free to say they don’t want or don’t care about those features. I know it can be frustrating when we feel that certain topics that we don’t think are high priority get a lot of attention when things we care about are talked about less, but the solution to that is to talk about the things we think are important and not to dismiss or complain about others making their preferences clear as they’re perfectly entitled to do.

Though it’s also good manners to not hog the discussion by repetition or to derail threads by repeatedly bringing up our own hobby-horses. I’ve not seen that here, but as those behaviours do breed irritation thought it worth asking folk to take care not to slip into them.

I’m aware that factors outside this thread may have been at least partly behind it getting so grumpy, so will just request that we take a breath, reset, let bygones by bygones and treat each other with courtesy and respect going forward.

Thank you!

"You may call it 'nonsense' if you like, but I've heard nonsense, compared with which that would be as sensible as a dictionary!"
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard