There are already several threads about the Gloomstalker / Assassin combo. I am thinking about adding Barbarian (Berserker) to this multiclass build for my next playthrough.

This would be a finesse build with DEX/CON as the primary stats. I would probably favor a longsword (Phalar Aluve perhaps) which can be wielded as a finesse weapon with one or both hands. A solid 4-5 attacks with advantage and critical hits to start each combat!

Berserker gains:
Unarmored Defense (add constitution modifier to AC)
Danger Sense (advantage on DEX saves)
Frenzied Strike (use bonus action for an extra attack)
Rage (resistance to physical damage; +2 melee damage; advantage on STR checks/saves)

Gloom Stalker gains:
Dread Ambusher (extra attack first round; extra movement; +1d8 damage; +3 initiative)
Umbral Shroud (become invisible for 10 turns)
Superior Darkvision
Favored Enemy
Natural Explorer
Fighting Style
Spell Casting
Misty Step (at level 5)

Assassin gains:
Assassin's Alacrity (restore action at start of combat...effectively an extra attack when sneaking up to start a fight)
Assassinate Ambush (Critical Hits when creatures are surprised...first round)
Assassinate Initiative (Advantage on attack roles when enemies have not moved yet)
Expertise (double proficiency in 2 skills)
Sneak attack (extra damage when attacking with advantage)
Cunning action (use bonus action to dash, disengage, or hide)

What are your thoughts on this build? How would you progress at different levels? Are there points where it might make sense to respec?

I was thinking to play as either a Barbarian or a Ranger at the start of the campaign. When I reach level 6 respec to Ranger 3 / Rogue 3 to get the standard Gloomstalker / Assassin benefits by the end of Act 1.

Should I then continue as Ranger to get extra attack at level 8 (Ranger 5 Roge 3)? Would it be better to dip into Barbarian for levels 7-8?

Final build could be Ranger 5 / Barbarian 4 / Rogue 3. Is there a reason to balance the levels differently?

What are your thoughts on Feats for this build? There would be two feats to choose. One at Level 4, and then after respec one at level 7-10 depending on how each class progresses. The second feat would come at Level 12.

"He that can smile at death, as we know him. Who can flourish in the midst of diseases that kill off whole peoples. Oh! If such a one was to come from God, and not the Devil, what a force for good might he not be in this old world of ours."
-Bram Stoker, Dracula