Next Thread
Print Thread
S
soopfox Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
My friend and I recently started playing BG3 together on his PS5, which means split screen. So far, we're still in Act 1 and overall, we're both very pleased with the experience. But when it comes to the sequences with the Dream Visitor at night, it quickly feels clunky and overall annoying. We both get put into our own dialog with our own Dream Visitor at the same time, meaning that only one of us gets voiced dialog while the other is stuck reading the dialog subtitles.
This gets very distracting, when my friends DV is talking out loud while I'm trying to read different dialog at the same time. It's messy and ruins the immersion that the game is otherwise so good at.
On top of that, the game stays in split screen, which means that the otherwise gorgeous cut scene is now cut in half for us both.

I would like it much more, if we went through each our visits separately, one after the other. While that will make the night longer, as we both have to see the whole thing twice, it just allows us both to get the full experience, without distractions and narrowed down splitscreen.

Do anyone else have the same experience as us? Is this something that can be fixed maybe?

S
S
It is a bit clunky but if you let Player 1 play through their sequence first, then Player 2 will be able to hear the dialogue in their scene.

S
soopfox Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
That has been our workaround so far, but as you said, it's a bit clunky. I would prefer us both getting the full screen experience, one after the other instead.

Link Copied to Clipboard