Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#945386 18/07/24 10:18 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
a little over a month ago when playing with a friend i was able to stack elixir of colossus and enlarge spell for huge size, but when i try it now it'll cancel the enlarge concentration instantly (regardless of order applied). was wondering if this is regarding either
1. a patch i wasn't aware of
2. a bug
3. something to do with honor mode (i know it mentioned 'stricter economy rules later in the game,' but never really knew what it meant since it felt kind of vague).

thanks for any help

Signature. Up to 285 characters. You may use UBBCode in your signature.
veteran
veteran
did the mate cast enlarge on you perhaps

Luke Skywalker: I don't, I don't believe it.
Yoda: That is why you failed.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
no, but i don't know if that would change anything - i had concentration for enlarge on another character then she drank the elixir of colossus
it worked fine on the save with my friend (balanced difficulty and on the final fight) but on my current save (playing singleplayer honor) it'll just break the enlarge spell's concentration

S
old hand
old hand
S
I haven't been trying this combo, but incompatible status effects -- intentional or not -- would be nothing new for honour

addict
addict
Baldur’s(?) Great sword stacks with the elixir of colossus. Or atleast it used to. Really Big Mama Karlach!

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
is that what the whole 'stricter action economy later in the game' means? i've been confused on what that means

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
i got the balduran's giantslayer just a bit ago and tried it out of curiosity and the giant form cancelled the elixir of colossus (it may work applied the other way around, i'll check later)
i tried using enlarge spell on top of that to see what happens and it ended up cancelling the giant form, including the temporary hitpoints (completely swapping the effects)
i checked the wiki before and remember it specifically saying the sword and the elixir mix, it'd be a shame if this is an intentional patch since it somewhat hinders on creativity - or at the very least some sort of popup saying it'll cancel another effect

addict
addict
Well that would suck. You using honor mode? I am on the way there and should be able to pick it up soon and try myself. They nerf a bunch of thing intentionally in honor mode.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
yeah, everything i'm checking rn is in honor mode. it'd suck if it's just because of that

Link Copied to Clipboard