Print Thread
F
freemp Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Hello everyone.

In my inventory, below my crossbow is indicated a damage 1d8+3 (i.e 4-11). However, the basic crossbow attack in my list of possible attacks indicates 1d8+13 (i.e 14-21): the number are then different. Is there a reason why? I don't understand the logic.
See the screenshoot below.

[img]https://ibb.co/NpgxRFp[/img]

Thanks a lot.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Would you have happened to have picked up a feat that adds a flat +10 damage at a penalty to accuracy?

F
freemp Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Well spotted. Indeed I just unlocked "Tireur d'élite" skill (in French), which should be translated as sniper in english. It gives +10 damage but -5 in the attack roll. However why is this appearing only at one place but not at the other one? Is this a bug? Should I believe the number that includes this +10?

Last edited by freemp; 19/07/24 09:55 PM.
T
addict
Online Content
addict
T
Originally Posted by freemp
However why is this appearing only at one place but not at the other one? Is this a bug?

It's because the feat provides a passive ability that can be toggled on and off, rather than an innate bonus.

When looking at a non-equipped weapon, it will only show your innate bonuses (I.e. Ability score modifiers). When it's equipped, it'll show all the bonuses such as equipment and passive abilities.

S
old hand
old hand
S
To see the actual damage roll, do not look at the weapon, but your attack option in the hotbar/equivalent. In most cases, it will display all buffs applying to that action. It's a bit more tricky with spells such as magic missile, but crossbow damage rolls should be accurately reflected. This is largely helpful for comparing weapons and keeping track of which benefits come from where. For example, there's a ring that adds a flat +2 acid damage to rolls as early as Act 1 -- it wouldn't be good if players couldn't tell if that trait was innate to a weapon, or the ring. Like the + 2 acid damage, the +10 flat damage from the feat isn't innate to the weapon and is hence not displayed in inventory. It's a design choice.

apprentice
apprentice
i'd seen something similar where i repeatedly equipped/unequipped a knife and it kept showing a different stat for damage/attack rolls every time it was equipped

Signature. Up to 285 characters. You may use UBBCode in your signature.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by healcaster
i'd seen something similar where i repeatedly equipped/unequipped a knife and it kept showing a different stat for damage/attack rolls every time it was equipped
Same here. On my rogue i always swap or reequip the weapons few times until it shows the highest values, just in case those displayed values would actually matter.

Link Copied to Clipboard