Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I don't know if it was asked before, if it was would you mind pointing me in the right direction?
As in title, will ps5 version support mouse and keyboard to play on.
Thank you
Regards

C
stranger
stranger
C
It looks like there is no info about console versions of the game as if it's not exist.

S
stranger
stranger
S
There is no support for keyboard and mouse for PS5 and there's no excuse for it. These current gen consoles natively support it now and it's a game that's catered towards it. I don't understand why we don't get options just like PC? You can't say these machines aren't capable when it's now a default feature. We just want options for games that are obviously just better with keyboard and mouse. My brother and I were planning on buying BG3 because we've been long time fans of it's past titles and similar games but we don't have $2k to spend on a PC. When PlayStation ports games to PC they get every option available and then some but why when PC ports games we just get a forced experience with completely different UI and limited gameplay experiences? I could understand it more on previous gens but not now. Please add it in a future update.

K
stranger
stranger
K
I join the request, it is appreciated how well worked the controller version is, but we should be able to choose as in the pc version

J
stranger
stranger
J
Its kinda ridiculous, the controller UI and interface is horrible. The radial menu is way to frustrating and not user friendly... I don't see how anyone can play the game like this, I regret buying it on PS5.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Please Larian give us some info about IF and When the k@M will be implemented on PS5

J
stranger
stranger
J
I support the request. Playstation has supported KBM via Bluetooth and USB for a long time, since PS4 at least. Games like FFXIV offer full support with free choice between both KBM and Controller and even a virtual mouse where you use the controller touchpad to move the mouse cursor and R2/L2 to "click".

C
stranger
stranger
C
*Adding to this thread for visibility*

Honest talk for a second - I was pretty frustrated with the Radial Menu and "cursor" navigation with the PS5 Dualsense controller, but after about 20 hours, it really grew on me. I think the radial menu is really intuitive, and now that I'm comfortable/proficient with it, I don't have any problems! So thanks Larian for creatively thinking through the controller! (I do wish we could button map).

All that being said, I would LOVE Mouse and Keyboard support on PS5! Adding KBM support would make this already grateful BDG3 player that much more hyped about an already fantastic game!

A
stranger
stranger
A
Just made an account to be able to post in this thread and also request this. I would really appreciate being able to play with keyboard and mouse as well. While I agree with those who say the controller UI is well-designed there are many of us that play PS5 sitting at a desk where there is no doubt M&K is superior for BG3. That the UI changes and things get smaller with the M&K is not a problem just as it is not a problem that the UI gets larger for those on PC that choose to play with controller.

Last edited by andersg; 07/09/23 08:01 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Mouse and keyboard support is critical feature in game like this. I really hope this feature will be added as soon as possible. PS 5 supports them natively so i am in awe it is not already in game.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Nait5aber
I don't know if it was asked before, if it was would you mind pointing me in the right direction?
Thank you
Regards

C
stranger
stranger
C
Here's to hoping Patch #3 adds Mouse and Keyboard support!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Nait5aber
Thank you
Regards

Just play on the PC "rolls eyes" keyboard and mouse on a console LoL!

Everyone wants to see the dog stop pissing on the floor. I'm that dog. But I keep pissing on the floor! Marilyn Manson
B
stranger
stranger
B
Registered on the forums just to ask for this. Please add mouse and keyboard support. The UI on the PS5 is severely lacking and is difficult to play at times.

R
stranger
stranger
R
PLEASE ADD MOUSE AND KEYBOARD SUPPORT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

W
stranger
stranger
W
Yup, dual sense isn't good enough and each action takes too much time. We also can't turn on turn based combat immediately while on PC we can do that by pressing shift+space.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Please just having the option would be great!!
Watching PC players and seeing the toolbars looks so much cleaner and easier to manage than spending hours redoing the radial menus every time something is equipped/unequipped.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Not a single update about this yet...

It's not like the UI isn't there already (arguably the most time consuming part). They just need to map the inputs accordingly... Why can't they assign some dude to go through with it over a weekend....

Edit: This thread has close to 20k views but hardly any comments, suggesting a lot of people either tried or bought it on ps5 only to realize the only way forward is controller. Combine that with all the searches for reddit threads (took a bit of scrolling to even find this one on google) and you easily have 50k interested players.

Yet the devs can't be arsed to even comment on the matter... What is that.. I've asked on twitter numerous times, made a separate thread, tried chatting up a dev in the discord and now this post...

Last edited by FX0x539; 29/02/24 06:34 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Yes please to this. I much prefer gaming with mouse and keyboard and it's disappointing to be pushed into using a controller. The interface simply isn't as good.

Just leap the flames to take a chance...
F
stranger
stranger
F
Any new update on this?
Could someone from Larian perhaps clarify what the problem is, it feels to me like we’re being left out when the solution is already developed for PC and just needs porting

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard