Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
stranger
stranger
E
In a way it’s like this adds a free, 4,800 hour DLC quest. Man I am specially keeping you in mind, hoping the oldest orders receive first. That seems like a given but I don’t know any of the circumstances. Officially we’ve all been told FEDEX has everything and it’s on the way when that really does not seem to be the case. My empathy goes out to people waiting. And some for the staff just trying to do their jobs. It’s tough all around.

Last edited by EdwardT; 23/07/24 12:45 AM. Reason: Credit to the company not given adequately
O
stranger
stranger
O
The only thing I can figure at this point is they waited to have everything made after all the production issues they had, then they printed out all the labels, and they're sending them out in batches regardless of when said order was made, which is why some people have updates despite having ordered months after other people whose orders haven't yet been sent out.

That's the only thing I can think of that would explain this level of incompetence (EXPLAIN, not EXCUSE), and I'm not sure who at Larian is to blame.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Posting here to continue to add data points.

July 8 - Shipping label created. Shipping from Kilkenny, IE. No update from FedEx.
July 22 - follow up. Auto response. Find slew of others with same issue. Will follow up with more details.

T
stranger
stranger
T
So does anyone at Larian get on here and help people?

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Tim_J_Drake
So does anyone at Larian get on here and help people?

At this point what’s the use of a response? They are directly lying about the situation. To me actions speak louder than words and it’s pretty damn clear to me now what their attitude is towards their customers. At best they think we’re stupid and a nuisance.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I’m not sure they’re able to do much. I feel like their hands are tied in some way they don’t feel is relevant to explain. Everyone who works is familiar with moments when the tasks are stacked, the machinery is malfunctioning and several issues arise with productivity.

In this scenario, you don’t want to update to anything too specific because it may not happen. But every moment customers wait they feel like they’ve been lied to the last time they got an update because nothing significant came of it.

So then you’re working double time for half credit and the issues are still coming up that delay it even further.

So what do you do? Do you update every little development and open up a forum of micromanaging criticisms about what you need to do? Or do you keep it to copied answers about the general direction and only update major developments knowing that fans will complain about being left in the dark?

Because every day you know you’re behind and want to finish all of this pain in the ass work, but you also don’t have the resources to address the thousands of daily emails from understandably disgruntled people who have no item and very little info, which you may have lied about to cover all of this while attempt to finish.

It sounds insane all around and I hope everyone gets what they need.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by EdwardT
I’m not sure they’re able to do much. I feel like their hands are tied in some way they don’t feel is relevant to explain. Everyone who works is familiar with moments when the tasks are stacked, the machinery is malfunctioning and several issues arise with productivity.

In this scenario, you don’t want to update to anything too specific because it may not happen. But every moment customers wait they feel like they’ve been lied to the last time they got an update because nothing significant came of it.

So then you’re working double time for half credit and the issues are still coming up that delay it even further.

So what do you do? Do you update every little development and open up a forum of micromanaging criticisms about what you need to do? Or do you keep it to copied answers about the general direction and only update major developments knowing that fans will complain about being left in the dark?

Because every day you know you’re behind and want to finish all of this pain in the ass work, but you also don’t have the resources to address the thousands of daily emails from understandably disgruntled people who have no item and very little info, which you may have lied about to cover all of this while attempt to finish.

It sounds insane all around and I hope everyone gets what they need.

I appreciate you trying to be empathetic towards Larian, but it’s juat more speculation with a positive spin. And it’s not our responsibility to spin things for a corporate business. Larian and put their big boy pants on and show some transparency.

Making excuses for them helps nothing in this situation because we’re just talking business now and who is liable for this situation regarding money.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I have empathy for the various employees just trying to do their job, but I can also be extremely frustrated by the lack of communication and excuses that are blatantly false. Any other business, big or small, would have at least provided me with an update regarding a delay/back up or even a replacement by now if I contacted their support. In almost all other scenarios, 3 weeks without any updates beyond label created would mean the package was lost or not sent.

I have patience and I've never been rude to their staff (nor have they been rude to me). I just want some kind of actual answers. I'd be happy if support could just tell me something believable at this point. Have too few employees to ship packages and are extremely backed up? Fine! Just let me know please, so I'm not in the dark for a month. I don't believe FedEx is to blame if they haven't even received the packages yet for many of us.

Last edited by Dark-Matter; 23/07/24 04:03 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Ugh my package has been sitting in Santry for five days now

Last edited by DoomMood; 23/07/24 04:59 PM. Reason: Formatting
C
stranger
stranger
C
Still sitting in Kilkenny for me. July 9 wave. No update, and have been ghosted by support for over a week. Was debating going on linked in, grabbing every employee I can find and using the same first.last@larian.com format, then CCing them all to my support thread. This is bananas.

E
stranger
stranger
E
This is another one of their automated responses regarding this situation:

“Thank you for contacting us and bringing this matter to our attention.

We recognize that it is frustrating not knowing where your order is when your tracking isn't updating. Rest assured that your order has been sent out and is on its way to you.
Your order was sent to FedEx when the label was created. We believe there was a missed scan or a technical issue that didn't put the shipment in their system. This is why we believe there is no updates on the tracking. We have also escalated to FedEx to better understand why your tracking hasn't updated and to gather more information.

We want to assure you that we are working to get you your order as quickly as possible. Once we know more from FedEx, we will follow back with you.”

The audacity they have to blame this on FedEx is honestly shocking to me. This is they type of bullshit I would expect to deal with from a private seller, I’m stunned they are putting the blame on FedEx.

Of course people should still file a claim with FedEx, but it’s concerning that Larian has stooped to such scummy standards. This is starting to smell more like theft than any sort of supply or shipping issue. They could be having major financial problems and we’re paying the price.

Last edited by Evergleam; 23/07/24 09:20 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I just got a new response from support. They told me they'll notify the shipping team so that they can start investigating what the hold up is with my package. Though they still did say it was likely just a missed scan at pickup, so I'm not sure if I should be hopeful or not at this point.

I'll see if anything comes from it over the next couple of days. 3 full weeks with no updates warranted them flagging my situation at least.

D
stranger
stranger
D
New update:

Arrived at FedEx location
ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR
7/23/24 10:19 PM

So it’s at an airport.

“Your order was sent to FedEx when the label was created”

The audacity of them to say this. Like FedEx can be absolutely terrible and my package did float around Santry for five days but hell at least it was scanned everyday so I got updates. That’s how I know Larian is full of bullshit because as soon as FedEx actually received my package the updates started. I think I’m going to email FedEx and let them know what the company is telling their customers about them. Sure, they probably won’t care in the end but maybe there’s a slight chance they will.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hey all, just saw another update on mine. It appears to have passed international inspection (approx 27 hrs) and has arrived at the airport in Ireland. Reminder that my label was printed the 5th of July and there were no updates until yesterday (July 22). Still do not see a ship date though so that interesting but atleast things are happening! I'll keep yall updated so there's atleast some form of time frames for people. Hopefully helping someone feel a Lil more at ease with how shifty this has been!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Well, mine finally updated.

July 9, label made.
July 24,m package delivered to fedex (after hours)

Looks like around 14 days for it to be delviered to fedex. I'll get excited when I get it in my hands, but this at least stops me from emailing support, and anyone I could find on LinkedIn that works there. So yay?

E
stranger
stranger
E
I’m suspicious that Larian is cash poor and might not be able to afford their orders. The way that they charged a high flat shipping rate and starting to ship locally before overseas also points to penny pinching. Instead of priced according to the buyer zip code.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve failed to pay the manufacturing costs and are desperately playing catch up using new orders to finance the late ones. Otherwise known as a pyramid scam.

Unfortunately I don’t have 1 million twitter followers to get the attention to resolve this. Sadly Larian is winning this, I’ll never respect them again.

Last edited by Evergleam; 24/07/24 01:50 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I'm one of the people who got a label created on July 8th and I still have my package supposedly stuck in Kilkenny,IE.We clearly have been lied to and a large amount of us will not being seeing the fulfillment of our orders,if at all,by the end of July.Larian support will continue to give us auto generated responses blaming FedEx for whatever Larian is doing or not doing correctly behind the scenes.No compensation will be given and communications will continue to be far below expectations for a company with such high praise and renown at this point.This has been and continues to be a massive disappointment for a company I really thought was going to be better than what we have been dealing with currently.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Blastronaut
I'm one of the people who got a label created on July 8th and I still have my package supposedly stuck in Kilkenny,IE.We clearly have been lied to and a large amount of us will not being seeing the fulfillment of our orders,if at all,by the end of July.Larian support will continue to give us auto generated responses blaming FedEx for whatever Larian is doing or not doing correctly behind the scenes.No compensation will be given and communications will continue to be far below expectations for a company with such high praise and renown at this point.This has been and continues to be a massive disappointment for a company I really thought was going to be better than what we have been dealing with currently.

If anything this just exposes the hubris of larian. They are why customer protection laws exist, if they aren’t kept on a leash they quickly turn into thieves.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I get the same issue my label as been created in Kelkenny the 7 of July.
I saw few of you speaking about class action or contest payment.
I just did a print screen of your fedex label as proof. just in case.
I could only advise you to do the same, just by precaution.

G
stranger
stranger
G
New update:

I am part of the July 8 batch. This is the latest update for me on FedEx:

Wednesday, 7/24/24
3:30 AM
At local FedEx facility
3:30 AM
On the way
5:33 PM
On the way
5:50 PM
Departed FedEx hub

Hoping and praying that all my fellow gamers, who are waiting for an update will begin to receive them asap. This has just been a cluster f*** from the beginning.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard