Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Padzi Offline OP
OP Offline
*spoilers*

I'm playing through the game again, and my run is neutral. This time, I decided that Shadowheart will become the Dark Justiciar. And here lies the problem. I didn't know that after killing Nightsong, the entire Last Light Inn gets overtaken by the Shadowcurse, and Jaheira dies off-screen.

Is there any way to avoid this? Or at least save Jaheira? Besides Jaheira, everyone inside dies too, which means loosing a lot of content in Act 3. Content I would really regret missing. If it matters, I'm playing as Tav, not Durge.

Last edited by Padzi; 21/07/24 08:31 PM.
B
old hand
old hand
B
Co prawda gra wyszła prawie rok temu, ale może warto pierwszy akapit zaznaczyć jako spojler?

The dome crashing and everybody at Last Light Inn dying came as a surprise to me too smile
I teleported to the Waypoint at LLI and got zerg rushed by all the zombies there laugh

I'm fairly sure that it is an either-or choice.

Last edited by Buba68; 21/07/24 07:53 PM.
old hand
old hand
I hope my memory is correct, this was a PT quite some time ago.

This was My Dark UJrge PT. I was ordered to kill Isobel, which I did. Then the shadowcurse took over the last light inn and we had to fight the monsters. Jaheira fights with us. After the monsters are defeated, I have to deceive her that I had nothing to do with Isobel's death. If she believes me she will join my party. Later I let Shadow kill the Nightsong also and Jaheira stayed with me. Even in a not-dark-urge run, killing Isobel or let Marcus kidnap her so LL is destroyed, could be the way to do it. Basically, destroying LL in before killing Nightsong.

Last edited by ldo58; 21/07/24 08:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
As Tav there are two ways to save Jaheira while killing the Nightsong;

• Lore-accurate way - You'd have to reload a save prior to Marcus revealing himself and intentionally let him abduct Isobel while fighting him. This way your character would still maintain their neutrality by simply failing to protect her.
  • Lore-inaccurate way - Reload a save prior to entering the Shadowfell and just go kill Isobel. Unfortunately your character will be considered a traitor within the story.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
As Tav there are two ways to save Jaheira while killing the Nightsong;

• Lore-accurate way - You'd have to reload a save prior to Marcus revealing himself and intentionally let him abduct Isobel while fighting him. This way your character would still maintain their neutrality by simply failing to protect her.
  • Lore-inaccurate way - Reload a save prior to entering the Shadowfell and just go kill Isobel. Unfortunately your character will be considered a traitor within the story.

Not sure what you mean with "traitor". I convinced Jaheira that "it wasn't me" and everything seemed fine after that.

veteran
veteran
Meaning that instead of Isobel's death being treated as an actual accident in terms of the story and the MC acting accordingly, killing her directly will instead treat it as a treacherous murder by having the MC lie to Jaheira about it (plus I'm not sure if Tav gets this dialogue, but Dark Urge gets to confess to Jaheira way later if they killed her).

Considering that Padzi is roleplaying a neutral character; it's an important distinction to make because one is treated as an accident by the story, while the latter an outright murder.

old hand
old hand
Not sure if encouraging Shadow to become Dark Justiciar is neutral. I mean, we know what a DJ means by that time. But anyway, it is an interesting (evil) path to go. I think it's best just to go with the flow, there are so many different options that you probably don't need to do all of them. Sometimes you just decide this path is not for you. I did that when I tried the really bad DU. Had to abandon halfway act 2. I managed the "resisting" DU, but the Bhaal-chosen DU was not possible. Now, with patch 7 apparently embelishing the evil endings, I'm really , really curious to see it. But going through many hours of not-fun , or even nauseating playthrough to discover these endings. No, I don't think so.

Last edited by ldo58; 21/07/24 10:42 PM.
Padzi Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok, guys. Thank you very much for the responses. They helped me a lot. Jaheria is alive, Nightsong is not.

I took your advice and killed Isobel. Everybody except Jaheria is sadly dead.

Curiously, the game treated the whole incident as a situation where I could lie to Jaheira and tell her somebody else killed Isobel. (I play as a Tav) While Isobel's body was carried away by a Winger Horror, despite the fact I killed every Winger Horror hours earlier, during the fight against Marcus.

Probably I will meet her again during the Kethric fight. We will see.

One more thing. I'm trying to do a fairly neutral run. My Tav thinks Shadowheart should become a DJ. This is not an evil run. Some of my companions will have good endings, some not.

Link Copied to Clipboard