Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Ok I'm in the counting house in act 3 and went into the counting house and I'm battling a group of enemies that were left after the phony Jaheira and mincs left. Now the problem I'm having is the the enemies keep attacking us, doing damage and going invisible Despite all members in the party have drank an Elixir of see invisibility and Tav having Volo's eye and the potion. Now why have something in the game that don't work and is useless?? Any help on getting through this fight would be appreciated. OR at least let me know if its bugged like the steal the Idol quest in the Druids grove.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Player invisibility and see invisibility virtually doesn't work anymore as of patch 6. If you want to stop them from going invisible, inflicting the wet condition gives enemies the same bug permanently attached to myself. If you have someone who can cast an upscaled create water, that might work. Knocks them out of it with no safe and -- seemingly -- removes the option from the board for 3 turns. Storm Sorcerer is a pretty good class in patch 6.

T
addict
addict
T
See Invisibility isn't bugged. It's just bad.

Rather than being actual See Invisibility. It's more like "Investigate" whereby at the start of a character's turn, enemies nearby simply have to make a DC 13 DEX save to remain invisible (And given that not only is this encounter in Act 3 so is high level, it's also with characters that are DEX based so their DEX saves are very high)

As a result, the most effective means of countering invisibility, is to spam AoE effects - Especially ones that still work through saves. Such as Wall of Fire and Insect Plague.

With the most effective method being to have a Cleric wearing the Luminous Armour using Spirit Guardians (Radiant) - As not only does this ability provide a constant AoE that still deals half damage on a save, but the Luminous Armour means that any time you deal Radiant damage, EVERYTHING in the area (Besides allies) gets inflicted with Radiant Orb which prevents invisibility.

S
old hand
old hand
S
Originally Posted by Taril
See Invisibility isn't bugged. It's just bad.

Rather than being actual See Invisibility. It's more like "Investigate" whereby at the start of a character's turn, enemies nearby simply have to make a DC 13 DEX save to remain invisible (And given that not only is this encounter in Act 3 so is high level, it's also with characters that are DEX based so their DEX saves are very high)

As a result, the most effective means of countering invisibility, is to spam AoE effects - Especially ones that still work through saves. Such as Wall of Fire and Insect Plague.

With the most effective method being to have a Cleric wearing the Luminous Armour using Spirit Guardians (Radiant) - As not only does this ability provide a constant AoE that still deals half damage on a save, but the Luminous Armour means that any time you deal Radiant damage, EVERYTHING in the area (Besides allies) gets inflicted with Radiant Orb which prevents invisibility.
No, it really is bugged. I cannot investigate anymore. There is no check, no nothing. Simply removed from the game. Similarly, any see through invisibility items or effects do literally nothing. Whether it's an invisible object or enemy, it can't be detected through the intended means. However, player invis is bugged as well. That's because it's incompatible with half the status effects in the game -- arcane synergy, temporary hp, bless, you name it. If it comes from an item and has a name, it's incompatible. BOAL's blessing? Incompatible. However, if I inflict a similar enough status on an enemy, e.g. wet, they can't become invisible, either.

Throwing enemies out of invisibility has been largely "free" on my run, since I have someone focused on lightning AoE, but it's REALLY annoying with invisible objects. Any spell sourced or gear sources invisibility doesn't work for players (potions work somewhat, interestingly), but detect invis is just busted, no matter if spell, condition, or consumable. You're going to need a character in the party that can just knock them out of it whenever necessary.

old hand
old hand
If the enemy turns invisible at the end of its turn after hitting your fighter, you can also use the sweeping attack if you have it. A sweep must not be targeted on someone, you can just do it in the air before you, and if the other didn't have the chance to run away after becoming invisible you can hit him with that and turn him visible again.

Last edited by ldo58; 22/07/24 04:20 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard