Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
old hand
old hand
B
+1

Fix/add Dark Urge nibbling Astarion's ear tip - yes.
Fix missing Inspiration for Soldier at the gates of Emerald Grove, or Lady Esther beng the only trader still with Barter as default - NO!

stranger
stranger
Do we know whether a KB/M couch-coop will be avaliable? I know that right now it's only possible via controllers but i would gladly give my life for KB/M coop so i could play with my GF finally. laugh

Originally Posted by Salo
[*] You can no longer cheese the Leap of Faith trial at the Gauntlet of Shar by just clicking the final platform and letting your character pathfind their way there. Shar threatened to smite us if we didn't fix this one.

It took me until my second playthrough and then many more deaths to find out about this ☺

[*] Added a new idle animation for Minsc at camp - Boo may or may not have taught him some tai chi.
/me anxiously waiting for September hehe

Companions should now be more sympathetic to Astarion fleeing from the sun.

Thank you!

[*] Patched up some savegames that had a bug that would prevent the dialogue between Gale and
Mystra
at the end of the game from triggering.
Kudos for taking care of our savegames! Migrating persistence is widely underrated.

[*] Continued to make performance and stability optimisations across the game and implemented many under-the-hood code fixes.
[*] Optimised performance. This will have a more noticeable impact in areas with large numbers of NPCs (like the Lower City) and will reduce peak memory usage when loading levels for the first time. It will also be noticeable when managing lots of loot (e.g. when transferring everything from a camp chest to a character's inventory).

I hope these won’t break under wine. I had to switch back to Vulcan after the last big performance improvements, because bg3_dx11.exe started showing huge lighting artifacts.

[*] Polished facial expressions and emotions across companion dialogues, including to the facial animations of your character during some kissing cinematics, including with the
Vampire Lord
Astarion.

Thank you!

Last edited by ArneBab; 25/07/24 08:00 AM.
Originally Posted by Armageddonis
Do we know whether a KB/M couch-coop will be avaliable? I know that right now it's only possible via controllers but i would gladly give my life for KB/M coop so i could play with my GF finally. laugh
I wouldn’t give my life (controllers are cheaper), but it would still be awesome to get couch-coop with the hardware we have! For private reasons I cannot easily get controllers easily enough to actually get them.

Last edited by ArneBab; 25/07/24 08:02 AM.
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
UPDATE:

Dice are now rolling, and the Patch 7 Closed Beta has gone live on Steam!

If you were lucky enough to be randomly selected, check your Steam Library, and you should now be able to download the playtest

Not everyone will have access, so we’d appreciate it if you could keep any spoilers to a minimum 👀

We’ll be adding more players throughout the Closed Beta, so keep an eye on your Steam Library nad your email inbox!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Will it be possible to play the beta through GeForce Now? Now when starting BG3 there is a beta in the list, but GeForce now requires to run it separately frown

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Originally Posted by Devsety
Will it be possible to play the beta through GeForce Now? Now when starting BG3 there is a beta in the list, but GeForce now requires to run it separately frown

If you're in the Closed Beta, you should be able to launch it through GFN! Please do report to our Support Team if you experience any issues.

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager

If you're in the Closed Beta, you should be able to launch it through GFN! Please do report to our Support Team if you experience any issues.

Update on this: At the moment it's only possible to play the beta on PC via Steam, we will let you know if this changes.

veteran
veteran

Update on this: At the moment it's only possible to play the beta on PC via Steam, we will let you know if this changes.

Just a quick note, since the feedback section on Discord is closed: There are still doors, you can't shoot through or fire a spell through - in Grymforge for example.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
Originally Posted by fylimar

Just a quick note, since the feedback section on Discord is closed: There are still doors, you can't shoot through or fire a spell through - in Grymforge for example.

Thank you! I have reported this to the team.
For these kind of issues, it's always better to go directly to our support team (if you haven't done so yet!) so they can look into the specific doors with the issue: https://larian.com/support/faqs/how-to-submit-a-bug-report_85
(and if it's related to the Closed Beta, please state "Patch 7" on the game version in the form)

Salo Offline OP
Community Manager
OP Offline
Community Manager
We have just added a big batch of players to the Closed Beta, so keep an eye on your email!

veteran
veteran
We have just added a big batch of players to the Closed Beta, so keep an eye on your email!

Hi! Two questions, if you don't mind!

1. Are any further batches planned?
2. Can I still recieve an invite if I applied for the beta after the launch?

I am torn between waiting for an invite or starting a playthrough now, September won't be the best month for playing games, after all galeworried

S
stranger
stranger
S
Another patch ignoring Minthara...

She literally disappears in act 3, along with her "romance".

N
stranger
stranger
N
At least she's there for most of the game arcane trickster has been unplayable since launch with still zero word about whether or not they'll restore functionality mage hand ledgermain that's been missing since the game left beta 😑

G
stranger
stranger
G
I hope you can add a couple more fixes while the test is running.
1) Cerys keeps appearing in the battle menu when I take Halsin. She was so fed up that she was either killed or not played by Halsin.
2) Lack of bags for companions, for keys, etc. There is no Halsin at all.
This is the 3rd attempt to complete the game, but these 2 bugs are always there.

Last edited by GRADID; 10/08/24 09:29 AM.
veteran
veteran
Quite concerning how nonexistent proper feedback is regarding Update #7's content, bugs and issues on any of BG3's three major forums.

If the point of this Closed Beta was to actually playtest it in order to catch as many bugs and issues as possible, especially the more serious ones, then the wiser move would've been to conduct an Open Beta so anyone actually interested in extensively playtesting all of the game's aspects could do so, while those only interested in checking what's new could do so as well.

Considering that every major update so far broke numerous aspects of the game for months at a time precisely due to lack of proper quality control, Update #7's stability is hopeless when the only "feedback" coming out of it are impressions about the endings and Astarion's kisses (yet again).

Please for the love of Lolth get some actually interested playtesters into the BETA that are capable of proper and extensive playtests, so that people don't end up yet again with numerous broken aspects of the game for months.

• Are the new Honor Mode boss abilities all working as they should?
  • Are the custom Honor Mode rulesets working as they should?
  • Are all inspirations working as they should?
  • Are all gameplay mechanics working as they should?
  • Are new dialogue additions to origin and companion characters actually triggering properly?
  • Are numerous multiclass bugs that prevent certain class-combinations from properly using their class mechanics finally fixed? EXAMPLE
  • Are numerous quests in ACT III still breaking their sequences apart if the player dares to actually explore the city? EXAMPLE
  • Does the Illithid 'Favourable Beginnings' ability still inconsistently bug out during dialogue checks? LINK
  • Does Cleave finally prioritize actual enemies instead of indestructible objects? LINK
  • Is Shadowheart's interaction with the Shar's idol finally (and properly) fixed? Apart from the non-triggering Selunite kiss scene, the players were also due to scripting issues unable to ask her later at camp if she actually kept the idol. LINK
  • Does Shadowheart still not react to Wyll being turned into a half-demon in ACT I? LINK
  • Does Shadowheart still repeat her dialogue about becoming a Dark Justiciar three times throughout the course of ACT I? LINK
  • Does Astarion in ACT III, once the vampires come to camp, still forcefully pull companions into his conversation instead of the main character? LINK
  • Does Lae'zel's "No One Left Behind" inspiration finally work? LINK
  • Does Astarion's "Cheese Your Way Through" inspiration finally work in Honor Mode?
  • Minthara has so many bugs, issues and inconsistencies it's insane to try and post them all here. Does she finally at the very least have voice lines for casting cantrips and spells? Are her broken unavailable dialogues fixed and made available? Does her unique Dark Urge dialogue branch finally work? (It broke further)
  • Does Halsin have his voice lines for cantrips and spells?
  • Does Marcus at Last Light Inn (on the evil path) still break the entire flow of Last Light Inn if the player refuses his abduction plan within Isobel's room before they actually meet Isobel? LINK
  • Does the boat from Moonrise Towers used to rescue the hostages still end up on the roof of Last Light Inn? LINK
  • Does Johl's body finally spawn where it should after Auntie Ethel's encounter? LINK
  • Does the Sovereign still fail to provide Bliss Spores buff if the player chooses the "I have slain the creature called Glut. It was scheming to slaughter your circle" dialogue option? LINK
  • Do Lump and his ogre buddies still forcefully despawn on their 2nd combat turn if they turn hostile after being summoned with their horn? LINK
  • Is the Dark Urge's Slayer form still incorrectly using Lunge as it's main attack instead of the actual main-attack Slay ability? LINK
  • Does the female Githyanki disguise still have a penis when she should be having a vagina? LINK
  • Did Ragzlin finally stop addressing female characters as "HE" when he decides to crush the party if the player reveals the illithid plot to him through dialogue? LINK
  • Does Sovereign finally address the player as Kin-Spirit for completely helping him with Nere and Glut, instead of just Peace-bringer? LINK
  • Are the Update #6 visual bugs with shadows finally fixed? LINK
  • Does the shovel still drastically lower the audio volume of sound effects when used manually on dirt mounds?
  • Does DX11 API in Fullscreen still launch with an incorrect resolution? LINK
  • Etc etc etc...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Crimsomrider
If the point of this Closed Beta was to actually playtest it in order to catch as many bugs and issues as possible, especially the more serious ones, then the wiser move would've been to conduct an Open Beta so anyone actually interested in extensively playtesting all of the game's aspects could do so, while those only interested in checking what's new could do so as well.

Well said, I've contacted Larian's support directly through the feedback form and expressed my will to playtest the thing, yet I was just redirected to the Steam sign-up page, sadly. Intentions behind this playtest are mysterious indeed, almost seems like they knew it needs a ton of work and were hesitant to put it out in the open and receive proper (and sometimes improper) feedback...

I can only speak for myself as tester, but I send most of the bugs I find straight through to them using the online form under 'Patch 7', rather than posting about them on the forums. A few things I can answer here...

Does Lae'zel's "No One Left Behind" inspiration finally work?
It worked for me.

Is the Dark Urge's Slayer form still incorrectly using Lunge as it's main attack instead of the actual main-attack Slay ability?
Yes, it's still Relentless Lunge.

Does the female Githyanki disguise still have a penis when she should be having a vagina?
Yes, just checked, it is indeed a penis.

Are the Update #6 visual bugs with shadows finally fixed?
I'm not seeing the shadow issue, but I'm actually getting a lot of weird artifacting and visual bugs in mine - I did report this as well.

Did Ragzlin finally stop addressing female characters as "HE" when he decides to crush the party if the player reveals the illithid plot to him through dialogue?
This pronoun issue with Ragzlin is still there. There were also some DU pronoun issues I reported.

Does Johl's body finally spawn where it should after Auntie Ethel's encounter?
Johl's body still doesn't spawn there.
(I've reported these)

Does Astarion in ACT III, once the vampires come to camp, still forcefully pull companions into his conversation instead of the main character?
I've never seen this bug happen in my playthroughs, but I can check a few times to see if it happens.

Minthara has so many bugs, issues and inconsistencies it's insane to try and post them all here. Does she finally at the very least have voice lines for casting cantrips and spells?
Does Halsin have his voice lines for cantrips and spells?
Minthara and Halsin do voice their cantrips and spells in Patch 7. They sound a bit quiet though, Minthara in particular.

Besides that - both of them are still recruitable together at the same time, but Minthy still steals Halsin's tent and leaves him homeless.

Last edited by Celesti4; 13/08/24 07:48 PM.
old hand
old hand
Quite concerning how nonexistent proper feedback is regarding Update #7's content, bugs and issues on any of BG3's three major forums.

Considering that every major update so far broke numerous aspects of the game for months at a time precisely due to lack of proper quality control, Update #7's stability is hopeless when the only "feedback" coming out of it are impressions about the endings and Astarion's kisses (yet again).

Please for the love of Lolth get some actually interested playtesters into the BETA that are capable of proper and extensive playtests, so that people don't end up yet again with numerous broken aspects of the game for months.

• Are the new Honor Mode boss abilities all working as they should?
  • Are the custom Honor Mode rulesets working as they should?
  • Are all inspirations working as they should?
  • Are all gameplay mechanics working as they should?
  • Are new dialogue additions to origin and companion characters actually triggering properly?
  • Are numerous multiclass bugs that prevent certain class-combinations from properly using their class mechanics finally fixed? EXAMPLE
  • Are numerous quests in ACT III still breaking their sequences apart if the player dares to actually explore the city? EXAMPLE
  • Does the Illithid 'Favourable Beginnings' ability still inconsistently bug out during dialogue checks? LINK
  • Does Cleave finally prioritize actual enemies instead of indestructible objects? LINK
  • Is Shadowheart's interaction with the Shar's idol finally (and properly) fixed? Apart from the non-triggering Selunite kiss scene, the players were also due to scripting issues unable to ask her later at camp if she actually kept the idol. LINK
  • Does Shadowheart still not react to Wyll being turned into a half-demon in ACT I? LINK
  • Does Shadowheart still repeat her dialogue about becoming a Dark Justiciar three times throughout the course of ACT I? LINK
  • Does Astarion in ACT III, once the vampires come to camp, still forcefully pull companions into his conversation instead of the main character? LINK
  • Does Lae'zel's "No One Left Behind" inspiration finally work? LINK
  • Does Astarion's "Cheese Your Way Through" inspiration finally work in Honor Mode?
  • Minthara has so many bugs, issues and inconsistencies it's insane to try and post them all here. Does she finally at the very least have voice lines for casting cantrips and spells? Are her broken unavailable dialogues fixed and made available? Does her unique Dark Urge dialogue branch finally work? (It broke further)
  • Does Halsin have his voice lines for cantrips and spells?
  • Does Marcus at Last Light Inn (on the evil path) still break the entire flow of Last Light Inn if the player refuses his abduction plan within Isobel's room before they actually meet Isobel? LINK
  • Does the boat from Moonrise Towers used to rescue the hostages still end up on the roof of Last Light Inn? LINK
  • Does Johl's body finally spawn where it should after Auntie Ethel's encounter? LINK
  • Does the Sovereign still fail to provide Bliss Spores buff if the player chooses the "I have slain the creature called Glut. It was scheming to slaughter your circle" dialogue option? LINK
  • Do Lump and his ogre buddies still forcefully despawn on their 2nd combat turn if they turn hostile after being summoned with their horn? LINK
  • Is the Dark Urge's Slayer form still incorrectly using Lunge as it's main attack instead of the actual main-attack Slay ability? LINK
  • Does the female Githyanki disguise still have a penis when she should be having a vagina? LINK
  • Did Ragzlin finally stop addressing female characters as "HE" when he decides to crush the party if the player reveals the illithid plot to him through dialogue? LINK
  • Does Sovereign finally address the player as Kin-Spirit for completely helping him with Nere and Glut, instead of just Peace-bringer? LINK
  • Are the Update #6 visual bugs with shadows finally fixed? LINK
  • Does the shovel still drastically lower the audio volume of sound effects when used manually on dirt mounds?
  • Does DX11 API in Fullscreen still launch with an incorrect resolution? LINK
  • Etc etc etc...

Big kudos for your passion, patience and hope. laezelapprove

addict
addict
Yep I didn’t get in either and I’ve actually played tested officially for another company…. I can break a game when asked 😂

Last edited by avahZ Darkwood; 13/08/24 01:11 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard