Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hello all, im new recently but have been a long time lurker. First and formost I must give credit to Raanar who recently has posted a map editor, script editor, and props editor. For those interested, you can find all the info and downloads on this thread here: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=944903

First off, this mod is intended to get people interested in modding DD, create more (and hopefully better than mine) mods or new content. Being first at making a mod isnt the goal here, its to start getting everyone interested in reading this to start making their own mods and help Raanar further develop the tools he crafted for us so eventually we have a toolset that can make possibly DLC mods for DD or whatever you future modders have in store for us. If you are making your own mod, I ask you post it in a new thread so people can find your mod instead of having to look through someone else's thread to find your mod which makes no sense anyway.

Now that credit has been given to the one who made all of this possible, I will discuss the mod. Lets start with pictures! Mind you this mod is in ALPHA phase. All pictures have been made using the editor, if any of you need in game photos I can do that too.

The link to the gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/62zhHBc all pictures are in PNG format, colors are a bit washed out IMO so these are raw unedited photos. Should look better when you are playing it in game.

Download link below

what is changed:

1. all hidden decor items that were behind trees, bushes, rocks, walls or other visual obstructions have been moved to places where they arent obstructed

2. The town of aleroth (the fences) has been enlarged but not enough to pinch the orc forest off.

3. houses in aleroth are bigger and have more decor that makes more sense with each character (example: lanilor has alchemy equipment, otho has a dwarven hammer and anvil in his yard for metal working). There is a lot more loot and starting armor for noobs or lars bone difficulty. Also mardaneous's pathing inside the house has been sped up by removing the books on the floor that were in his way. This speeds the cutscene up a few more seconds.

4. all abandoned aleroth houses are used, theres a tavern (jakes house, no longer requires a key), player home (upper left), and an armory (north). Can not add any NPC characters yet so no vendors.

5. aleroth has went through a massive beautifucation overhaul and has a wider array of flora, the enterance of aleroth has recieved a major overhaul visually (layout is still the same)

6. the forest its self had decor items moved around to visually make more sense and giant clusters of trees broken up to allow the player more free travel through the forest without impacting visuals.

7. various roads throughout the map have been fully connected (there were some breaks), this is mostly to help noobs with pathing.

8. my friend was sick and tired of removing hay bales to access the teleporter platform in the farm area, those have been moved out of the way.

9. mardaneous cellar expanded, more decor and some loot, locked gate replaced.

10. as you can see, lanilor's garden is no longer a complete embarrassment for an alchemist to have and is now quite useful. have fun making and selling lots of super drug now!

11. you can get 6 jars of honey from mardaneous's yard (combine honey comb with the jars by the container of water.

12. some parts of the paths in aleroth have been widened, especially the northern most path between the dragon statues since it was not very accessable before.

13. Dr. Elrath doors replaced with normal doors. If the divine one has the only teleporter stones in existence, how is Dr. Elrath getting around his own house?

14. Stormfest Castle treasure door removed. Feel free to rob duke janus blind as reparations for injured reputation.

15. start with divine skills unlocked

16. start with all teleporter scrolls

Skill and potion changes:

Skills in props.000 have been modified to make some of them more useful I will list out all the changes I remember.

A: all potions (magic, restore, health stamina) all restore the same values now, making magic and stamina potions more useful and requiring you to carry less.

B. shield skills got a boost, at level 5 they block 200 damage now.

C. Skeleton summoning is a higher level and you can summon double (they are weak anyway) the amount (level 1 can summon 2, level 5 can summon 10)

D. summon rats has been increased (level 1 can summon 5 rats, level 5 can summon 25)

E. Skills like chain lightning, split arrow and a few others have been made more effective but still reasonable damage (not overkill). Explosions hurt enemies more too.

New difficulty mode (for those who don't already know about this).

if you thought hard was still too easy, than prepare for divine divinity's nightmare difficulty called lars bone. I did not add this (this has been a thing for years), but this doubles enemy counts, sometimes triples them. Some enemies are souped up (like the basic skeletons are tougher now). This difficulty is perfect for the most hardcore larian vet or those who like to use the save game editor to boost their characters.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/divine-divinity-mod/downloads/addm-a-divine-divinity-mod

if I remember anything else that was changed, added or removed. I will update this post. Please be patient for a download link, I still have to finish testing it so none of you end up with a terrible ugly pile of jank.

When you do download it. Please for the love of God people, back up your DD install just in case you don't like it or want to go back to your old save games. If there is enough issues with people not backing their files up, than getting mad because they couldn't do their own due diligence, than I will post a link to the original (STEAM, because that is what I have) files.

Last edited by ArsTheBright; 19/07/24 10:11 AM. Reason: Update change log
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
So with v1.0 released after a rocky start (archive was corrupted when I uploaded a hotfix) I decided to work on v1.1 which will mostly focus on patching, reduce clipping, and add lore appropriate items to areas lacking. Only select places that need a bit of touchup will get overhauled.

V1.1 will focus mostly on the wastelands which is very lacking in lore based items and buildings. Its the homeworld of the orcs' and it doesn't even look like an orc settlement. I will be working on making it look like it's actually a place masses of orcs' dwelled before fighting humans.

For v1.1 there will be skill adjustments fixing weak skills and reducing duration of overpowered skills like frost and stun.

Sometime I will be looking at modifying the contents of some chests and cabinets so there isn't such a repeat of items. That may come v1.2 or later though since that is a major change. Scripting will be kept on hold until I'm able to figure it out. Right now I'm just focusing on quality of life and visual updates in areas that need it. Most areas will remain as they are (unless clipping or pathing issues exist) since nothing is wrong with them.

If a decent number of people want something reasonable and within my ability, I will do my best to implement it. Hopefully this will encourage or inspire others out there to start their own mods. I would love to see what others more talented than me can do, many would too.

If you are a modder and want to use parts of my mod, contact me on here or ModDB, my name is the same on there.

Last edited by ArsTheBright; 22/07/24 11:18 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Since I can't edit my replies anymore. Here's the link to the files section of ADDM which will contain all versions of it. Use it instead of the top link which is ONLY v1.0.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/httpswwwmoddbcommodsdivine-divinity-mod/downloads

Version 1.1 is out now.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
ADDM v1.2 lots of problems. Shelved for now until NPC packages work properly.

Last edited by ArsTheBright; 05/08/24 06:25 PM.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard