Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I've been messing around with multiclassing my Tav as a barbarian, but whenever I have specced the character so that his first class isn't barbarian (for dex saving throw proficiency) I've noticed via the combat log that the character loses advantage on dex saving throws via Danger Sense.

Whenever I spec back into barbarian as the original class, I regain the use of Danger Sense, but I obviously lose proficiency in Dexterity based saving throws. I looked online and couldn't find anyone talking about this, but I figured I'd ask if anyone has experienced something similar and if there's a fix. Of note, in none of these tests have I been afflicted with a negative condition that would prevent the use of Danger Sense. Thoughts?

B
old hand
old hand
B
Multiclassing does not grant all proficiencies and abilities of the new class. Saving throws are one of those. As Danger Sence comes at lvl2 this is not intuitive, I suppose ...
Just a suggestion.

addict
addict
Well thats incorrect a class will always get their special feats, such as Danger Sense for Barbarian level 2.

Whats not multiclassed is proficiencies. For example you wont get heavy armor from Fighter or Paladin if you dont start as them. You will only get Medium armor if you multiclass to them.

But you WILL get heavy armor from Ranger, assuming you pick the special option, because then its not a class proficiency, but depends upon your explicitly picking a feature that grants it to you.

Likewise if you multiclass to Cleric the Life and Nature Domains will always give you heavy armor; and Tempest and War will always give you heavy armor and martial weapons.

You also will always only get one Major Save (Wisdom, Constitution, or Dexterity) and one Minor Save (Strength, Intelligence or Charisma) from the first class you pick. Multiclassing further wont change this. You have to either get feats or class features (example: highlevel Gloomstalker IIRC gets Wis and Int saves).

Danger Sense should thus work, and if it doesnt, it needs to be fixed.

addict
addict
The internet by the way claims that Danger Sense currently doesnt work.

Link Copied to Clipboard